2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

On December 14, 2018 at 7:24 PM, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Upperman Lady Bees just beat Alcoa 71-39! They will be off to Phoenix as well next week. 

Upperman and Macon in Phoenix this week. I doubt they will play each other, but we will see how they both do, against the big dogs from around the country.

3 hours ago, jimbo44 said:

Upperman and Macon in Phoenix this week. I doubt they will play each other, but we will see how they both do, against the big dogs from around the country.

Schedules are out and 7 different bracket and none of the big dogs in either the John or Mike bracket with Macon and UHS. UHS plays Flowery Branch, GA 348th ranked national team and Macon Chaminade Prep 1483rd ranked national team. I would think both should have decent opportunities in their brackets. 

19 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

MC is trying to develop the younger ashburn into a key player. She has come in and helped the offense go a little bit. I think we might have a player in her in weeks to come 

I still see Macon have severe depth and height issues down the road.  In close games, you can look at the box score and see 6 girls score, with two getting 75% of the points. A talented team and well coach team will exploit that. Just like McMinn Central from a few years back, had a super start that's went to UTC, and one other major option. Never did as much as expected. 

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

I still see Macon have severe depth and height issues down the road.  In close games, you can look at the box score and see 6 girls score, with two getting 75% of the points. A talented team and well coach team will exploit that. Just like McMinn Central from a few years back, had a super start that's went to UTC, and one other major option. Never did as much as expected. 

I agree with you statement but back when MC played Stone they exposed their height just by being faster than them and wearing them out running them up and down the court. MC is one of the best condition teams I’ve ever seen. So running a limited rotation isn’t a factor there, but for foul trouble sake I do agree it won’t work if you can’t develop another girl or two

9 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

I agree with you statement but back when MC played Stone they exposed their height just by being faster than them and wearing them out running them up and down the court. MC is one of the best condition teams I’ve ever seen. So running a limited rotation isn’t a factor there, but for foul trouble sake I do agree it won’t work if you can’t develop another girl or two

There are teams out there better in AA than CR who beat Macon. The word was the team of 6 was exhausted after there comeback late in the fourth. My reasoning is when u play Pearl C or Maplewood type teams, they will go 8-10 deep....and they can all run. Macon losing the big girl hurts more than most can see.   You can when with short fast girls play 7-9 girls exhausting an opponent. Hard to do with 6. We shall see once they play in another tight game if Larry plays 7-8, or breaks nervous and goes back to 6. If he does,  he won't last long come tournament time. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:51 PM, UTRok said:

Schedules are out and 7 different bracket and none of the big dogs in either the John or Mike bracket with Macon and UHS. UHS plays Flowery Branch, GA 348th ranked national team and Macon Chaminade Prep 1483rd ranked national team. I would think both should have decent opportunities in their brackets. 

LOL! Thanks for researching this information. Those coaches would have everyone believe they played powerhouses out there.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

LOL! Thanks for researching this information. Those coaches would have everyone believe they played powerhouses out there.

The tournament is invitation only.  Oak Ridge, Bradley Central, Upperman, and Macon are power house basketball teams for the state of Tennessee.  Riverdale has played in this tournament in years past.  I feel certain there will be good competition there.  

15 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

There are teams out there better in AA than CR who beat Macon. The word was the team of 6 was exhausted after there comeback late in the fourth. My reasoning is when u play Pearl C or Maplewood type teams, they will go 8-10 deep....and they can all run. Macon losing the big girl hurts more than most can see.   You can when with short fast girls play 7-9 girls exhausting an opponent. Hard to do with 6. We shall see once they play in another tight game if Larry plays 7-8, or breaks nervous and goes back to 6. If he does,  he won't last long come tournament time. 

I would put Clarkrange up against any team in AA early in the season. Reason being, those girls play basketball year round and truth be told “practice “ all summer. They don’t have other sports at the school that conflicts with basketball. Macon had 3 or so girls play other sports, so they definitely were not in basketball shape game 1. 

I do agree we need to get 2-3 more girls meaningful minutes and I think that will happen as the season progresses. Give it time, Macon will be ready come tournament time.