2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

2 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

Clarkrange was a good ball team. I mean MC got beat by last second shot which you can’t do much about. MC will be fine. Started off the season 0-2 from the two Hall of Fame or Hall of Champions games whatever you want to call last year . Though I understand this isn’t last year though, but still look where they got to at the end of the season.

Although, Larry needs to make sure everybody is fresh when it comes down late in the game like that. Cause it might hurt us in the long run. 

Macon lacks size, and Larry either has no depth, or refuses to play more than 6 deep. 

6 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Macon lacks size, and Larry either has no depth, or refuses to play more than 6 deep. 

MC played a big, tall Westview team last year. We lacked size that game and all year, and still came out on top in many games

MC’s speed hurts teams with size because it’s easier for them to get down the court. Cumberland County game is another example. They couldn’t keep up with our tempo in the matchup last year.

Depth wise, MC is playing the same amount they did last year besides Bullington is no longer in the equation. I do agree that MC should at least play 7 or 8, but they will do just fine with what they got. 

I’ll worry if it becomes a problem throughout the season. We shall see what the season holds. 

20 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

MC played a big, tall Westview team last year. We lacked size that game and all year, and still came out on top in many games

MC’s speed hurts teams with size because it’s easier for them to get down the court. Cumberland County game is another example. They couldn’t keep up with our tempo in the matchup last year.

Depth wise, MC is playing the same amount they did last year besides Bullington is no longer in the equation. I do agree that MC should at least play 7 or 8, but they will do just fine with what they got. 

I’ll worry if it becomes a problem throughout the season. We shall see what the season holds. 

that's my point, they played 7 last season at the end. But the one girl didn't leave the team till over half way through the season and they played 8. Bullington is a tall thick defender. Going from 8 to 7 and now to 6, with no inside presence is tough. I don't consider the current  big a real big at maybe 5'8. 

19 hours ago, UTRok said:

With Stone Memorial Friday and Then Clay county on 11/27 you will know soon if it's an issue or not. 

Agree, just wondering does Macon have only 6 or that he is confident in or is there someone hurt and out for a bit? Macon seems to have talent in like one maybe two greades then goes a few years where u don't hear from them. I remember the teams in 90 and 91......then again in 94and 95.  Long drought till around 2011 and 2013.  a few years have passed and now 16 and 17 was good. 

2 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

that's my point, they played 7 last season at the end. But the one girl didn't leave the team till over half way through the season and they played 8. Bullington is a tall thick defender. Going from 8 to 7 and now to 6, with no inside presence is tough. I don't consider the current  big a real big at maybe 5'8. 

MC has about 6 they rely on. There’s twelve in the team. There’s some girls on the team that don’t play much that could contribute in a big way. I just don’t think Larry has seen much from those girls in games 

32 minutes ago, repoman said:

Players 1-5 will win you many ball games, players #6,#7,#8. Etc.. will win you championships. High school coaches get scared and won't develope thier benches, seen it for years and seen it cost them at the end too many times.

Agree 100%. Real bad in this area.