2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

9 hours ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Macon has a much better coach than York.  That’s not the case with Upperman.  How many Upperman games have you watched this year?  Just the one where they beat dekalb?  

I’ve seen Upperman a couple times but not against Dekalb I just think Macon is better but Upperman does have a good coach she recruits well

• Like 1

I was curious about the coaches. Both have won over 600 games. Looks like coach White has won 638 games in 41 years. Looks like coach McWilliams has won 631 in 24 years. I think state tourney appearances are pretty even. I would say district and region championships are pretty lopsided as well as sub-state wins. Nothing official just a very little bit of looking. Now as far as who is the better coach it depends on your definition.

Putnam is open zoning so it’s not illegal but she got the Ievy girls from Overton co and she may have wanted to come.  There is a lot of competition now between Cookeville and Upperman to get the Putnam co kids that’s all I’m saying didn’t say it was illegal why wouldn’t you want to play there their always good

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:09 AM, repoman said:

Pressure is on Macon it means more to their players and fans, Macon on a 15 game loosing streak to the U. Carter is the trump card, advantage Macon.

This is the four season Macon has been in this district. Before that, they wouldn't have meet Upperman till state.  Macon was in the district with Westmoreland, White House,  ect….....I know Macon lost 5 times last season including state championship game. So I am wondering 15 in a row would be like 3 years prior to this year, 2 regular season games, district tournament , regional tournament and then at the state tournament.  Are we talking 15 game over the past like 10 years or how did you come up with that figure?

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/game.cfm?eventid=607240

Head to head results since 2005 at link above.  And it’s BAD!

Regardless tonight’s game should be a great game.  I expect Macon to come for blood  after the state final where Macon feels they were cheated.   That should pour a little more gas on the games they play this year.     

On 1/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, Dexter10 said:

Carter is not Smith or Johnson no way you hold her to 9 points and the rest of the team is much better. Larry is also not Ms Storie not saying they will win for sure but would have to have a bad game not to

You were correct they didn’t hold Carter to 9. She had 11 points.

• Like 1

Macon is not going to beat anybody with a decant team with just two players doing all the scoring. Every good team we will play will try and slow that down and with just 2 doing it macon will be in trouble every time with a good team. Macon does not rebound well against a good team as well. They will win a lot of games but not many big ones unless something changes fast quick and in a hurry.

26 minutes ago, twistedsister said:

Macon is not going to beat anybody with a decant team with just two players doing all the scoring. Every good team we will play will try and slow that down and with just 2 doing it macon will be in trouble every time with a good team. Macon does not rebound well against a good team as well. They will win a lot of games but not many big ones unless something changes fast quick and in a hurry.

I agree completely. They had three girls score and I believe the third one to score hit one 3.