2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

7 minutes ago, buc1973 said:

Always an excuse. First meeting - the refs, second one- flu like symptoms. Got it. I wonder what next year’s excuses will be. 

Hey I got a new one they can try for the very first time ever...we got beat because the other team is better than us??? If they dont like that one how about they outplayed us? Other coach had better game plan? We just didn't play well?? So many options besides we were cheated, ref knows the coach, and now we had the flu. They need to try this summer maybe in the off season to come up with some new excuses for next year. Maybe alien invasion, Coach Buck's mom was one of the refs in disguise, the Monday twins from Clarkrange are actually 25 years old, surely they can Google some new excuses before next season, cause their gonna need em. 

4 hours ago, buc1973 said:

Always an excuse. First meeting - the refs, second one- flu like symptoms. Got it. I wonder what next year’s excuses will be. 

I am not making excuses and I know more kids on Stone’s team than Cumberland. My daughter has attended Buck’s camp several times and he is a fantastic coach and I personally find Miller to be cocky at times. I am just starting what she said on the radio about them dealing with illness. She didn’t say it was the reason they lost. I was noting that it contributed to them getting blown out by those 2 teams. Stone is a better team and may make the State Tournament if not make the championship game.

If I was to rank the teams going into the Regional 

1. Macon (easily the best team I have seen all year)

2. Upperman (have not seen them but they seem to be very close to Macon)

3. Cumberland (close to the top 2 but definitely one grade below)

4. DeKalb (would be a State Tournament team in some regions)

5. York 

6. Bledsoe 

7. Sequatchie 

8 Grundy

Edited by Khall555

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I am not making excuses and I know more kids on Stone’s team than Cumberland. My daughter has attended Buck’s camp several times and he is a fantastic coach and I personally find Miller to be cocky at times. I am just starting what she said on the radio about them dealing with illness. She didn’t say it was the reason they lost. I was noting that it contributed to them getting blown out by those 2 teams. Stone is a better team and may make the State Tournament if not make the championship game.

If I was to rank the teams going into the Regional 

1. Macon (easily the best team I have seen all year)

2. Upperman (have not seen them but they seem to be very close to Macon)

3. Cumberland (close to the top 2 but definitely one grade below)

4. DeKalb (would be a State Tournament team in some regions)

5. York 

6. Bledsoe 

7. Sequatchie 

8 Grundy

Oh I didn’t mean you were making an excuse. My apologies if it came across that way. I meant there is always an excuse from CCHS. Except football. They finally just gave up on that 

For those who can't make it to the District 8-AA Tournament Championship and Consolation games, tonight or Tuesday night, DTC Sports will be televising the games LIVE, starting with pre-game coverage at 5:45 p.m. from the Hooper-Eblen Center. Just log on to https://dtc3.tv/ to watch the games. The web stream is provided as a courtesy of DTC Communications.

Edited by DTCSPORTS

Macon with a blowout win

Regional matchups (my picks)

DeKalb at Cumberland (Cumberland 60%)

York at Bledsoe (York 70%)

Sequatchie at Upperman (Upperman 98%)

Grundy at Macon (Macon 99.9999999%) 

if Grundy beats Macon or Sequatchie beats Upperman then those schools should cancel their programs. 

But I think York-Bledsoe and Cumberland-DeKalb will be some close and fun games to keep up with. 

Edited by Khall555

7 hours ago, DTCSPORTS said:

For those who can't make it to the District 8-AA Tournament Championship and Consolation games, tonight or Tuesday night, DTC Sports will be televising the games LIVE, starting with pre-game coverage at 5:45 p.m. from the Hooper-Eblen Center. Just log on to https://dtc3.tv/ to watch the games. The web stream is provided as a courtesy of DTC Communications.

Thanks for the info. Two good teams, I believe there’s a good chance my Meigs Lady Tigers will be playing one of them.