2018-2019 8AA

tnhoosier

8 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Ok I had heard this happened but I have never seen something like this before.   Wow!  That’s all I got....wow!  Someone please explain this... I thought this was pregame or during timeout!  Did it really happen for almost 2 min?

I was kinda hoping Macon players would have taken a knee at the end. It looked like the end of a football game.

3 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

Do you ever get tired of lying??  Or is it so habitual that you don’t even realize you’re doing it?  Nothing in your post is true. 

So they don't leave starters in well into the 4th while blowing our valley teams out?

Heard the girl tore an ACL. If I'm wrong about that that makes me happy. Glad she is not hurt, and it was just a scare. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Ok I had heard this happened but I have never seen something like this before.   Wow!  That’s all I got....wow!  Someone please explain this... I thought this was pregame or during timeout!  Did it really happen for almost 2 min?

Has anybody thought the coach for upperman was letting macon have a little glory when she did this for 1minute and 30 sec ?

At first glance this looks really bad. At the very least, I thought both teams should have subbed to allow the bench players some time. I then checked the Upperman bench, and realized only 2 or 3 girls didn’t play. It sucks for those girls, but Dana didn’t have 5 subs to put in. If one of the girls in the regular rotation had gotten hurt, then we would all be questioning why she didn’t have them out of the game. Not a great look, but can’t argue with the decision. Upperman still has a viable shot at the state tournament and maybe even a title. No point in risking injury to anyone that contributes meaningful minutes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

Has anybody thought the coach for upperman was letting macon have a little glory when she did this for 1minute and 30 sec ?

Seriously?  No way that was the thought process.   You don't let your biggest rival laugh, giggle, and joke in front of a huge crowd DURING the final two minutes of the championship game so they can "get a little glory"!  Not in my world!   You shake their hand, tell them they played a great game, and you give them an standing ovation when they go get their trophy.  Tell me once you have ever seen this happen!  I'll wait....  Hmmm wonder if Macon will do the same thing if they are in the same situation next week??   Yeah right!!!!

This situation is not all on the Bee's.  There has to be a little class shown on the other team as well.   I am sure they were happy and after last year that has to feel great!  But as the old saying goes "act like you have been there before".   That being said I have to say that the fact that they let it go on for two minutes leads me to believe they were OK with it.  If they were OK with it then I guess we will be too.   Moving on...

Just now, Vent said:

At first glance this looks really bad. At the very least, I thought both teams should have subbed to allow the bench players some time. I then checked the Upperman bench, and realized only 2 or 3 girls didn’t play. It sucks for those girls, but Dana didn’t have 5 subs to put in. If one of the girls in the regular rotation had gotten hurt, then we would all be questioning why she didn’t have them out of the game. Not a great look, but can’t argue with the decision. Upperman still has a viable shot at the state tournament and maybe even a title. No point in risking injury to anyone that contributes meaningful minutes.

Even if you are losing and you have called off the dogs.  You still pretend to play defense and you don't foul.  You definitely don't order pizza and talk about getting your nails done.  I was waiting for one of the players to pull out her cell and take a selfie or post something on Instagram.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Seriously?  No way that was the thought process.   You don't let your biggest rival laugh, giggle, and joke in front of a huge crowd DURING the final two minutes of the championship game so they can "get a little glory"!  Not in my world!   You shake their hand, tell them they played a great game, and you give them an standing ovation when they go get their trophy.  Tell me once you have ever seen this happen!  I'll wait....  Hmmm wonder if Macon will do the same thing if they are in the same situation next week??   Yeah right!!!!

This situation is not all on the Bee's.  There has to be a little class shown on the other team as well.   I am sure they were happy and after last year that has to feel great!  But as the old saying goes "act like you have been there before".   That being said I have to say that the fact that they let it go on for two minutes leads me to believe they were OK with it.  If they were OK with it then I guess we will be too.   Moving on...

Anyone can second guess the decision made by the Upperman coaching staff. I can remember a few years ago, Upperman losing their star player with a knee injury leaving them no chance to advance in the tournament. Maybe that influenced the decision to not continue aggressive play in a game that was already obviously lost. It's also easy to judge the reaction by the Macon Co. players when this occurred. I'm sure all of us posting on here would have a hard time thinking exactly like the teenage girls of both teams on the floor. Why not just back off and leave the reaction of these young ladies alone? Both teams had played their hearts out and one team was better on this night! It's over! Let's move on! Let's support Dist. 8AA in the regional!

21 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

I believe Upperman’s coaching staff knows what they are doing. 2 time state champions are usually well coached.

Without question this is the case for this team!

On 2/20/2019 at 8:15 PM, Dexter10 said:

Maybe the coach wanted her girls to stand there and soak in how it hurts to lose on a big stage knowing they will probably play again in a few days a little humbling never hurt anyone 

Hmmmm.... you think?  I tend to agree with you ;)

Im not saying at all Macon will beat upperman the next time they play but I am going to say,it's not a sure thing upperman will beat macon. The coach for upperman will get some grey hair the next couple of years cause macon doesn't lose a single player it could go either way and she is not use to that .All I know is its going to b very interesting to watch and the for sure thing is gone bye.bye

Edited by mofojoe