Ensworth

ocac

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, warehouse said:

Never said he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.  Congrats to him and it is deserving.  My only question is when was the last time Ensworth was truly dominating in any sport?   I would think that in that league they would be the standard.  But apparently, I am not very smart.  Is there a reason why they have not been? 

You must understand that in D2 AAA most every school has good facilities and places a major emphasis on athletics.  You typically don't see one D2 AAA school out coaching the other schools as its all about who has the most talent.  Ensworth does not have a large enrollment and I seriously doubt that the school will allow the enrollment numbers to increase so the depth issue will always be a major factor.  Schools like CBHS, MBA and McCallie that are single sex have so many more male athletes to select from than Ensworth.  A close look at the numbers will find that MBA has more boys in its high school than Father Ryan which is a large coed Catholic School.  In many ways D2 AAA athletics are a numbers game.

3 hours ago, cbg said:

You must understand that in D2 AAA most every school has good facilities and places a major emphasis on athletics.  You typically don't see one D2 AAA school out coaching the other schools as its all about who has the most talent.  Ensworth does not have a large enrollment and I seriously doubt that the school will allow the enrollment numbers to increase so the depth issue will always be a major factor.  Schools like CBHS, MBA and McCallie that are single sex have so many more male athletes to select from than Ensworth.  A close look at the numbers will find that MBA has more boys in its high school than Father Ryan which is a large coed Catholic School.  In many ways D2 AAA athletics are a numbers game.

thats what Booger been tryin to spell out to Sparty4Life....can u get in his ear 

Booger just sayin giphy.gif

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

What happen to ensworth?? I mean when they was winning the was pulling some of the best players out of murfreesboro and surrounding counties.  Now they're barely getting by lipscomb.

I'd like to think that Lipscomb has gotten better but don't know.  Let you know next week after they come to CPA.  We play them both.

Edited by FBGIRL

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

What happen to ensworth?? I mean when they was winning the was pulling some of the best players out of murfreesboro and surrounding counties.  Now they're barely getting by lipscomb.

They have a lot of highly recruited players.  I skimmed the film and Lipscomb looks better this year but Ensworth did not play their best game either.  Lipscomb controlled the ball most of the second half but never could get a score and tying chance with a 2 pointer. 

My guess is both the OL and DL for Ensworth will gel more with each game they play.  

You can see the game replay on ensworthlive.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BreadTruck44 said:

They have a lot of highly recruited players.  I skimmed the film and Lipscomb looks better this year but Ensworth did not play their best game either.  Lipscomb controlled the ball most of the second half but never could get a score and tying chance with a 2 pointer. 

My guess is both the OL and DL for Ensworth will gel more with each game they play.  

You can see the game replay on ensworthlive.com

Yea I heard about the highly recruited kids. I just  Hope they're not T-shirt and shorts Warriors. I enjoyed the battles between Ensworth and BA.

4 hours ago, FBGIRL said:

I'd like to think that Lipscomb has gotten better but don't know.  Let you know next week after they come to CPA.  We play them both.

See I've never been able to tell with Lipscomb. They have always been a bad matchup winning or losing season against us. Ok cool that should be a good match to see.