Bearden vs Memphis East

REBELRON

31 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Memphis East has giants in the middle which makes it almost impossible to score down low and rebound. Bearden better have the best shooting night of their lives.

East is BIG all over ... not just down low. Have you seen them play? Chandler Lawson is a 6-8  WING! When East plays their full court press ... which is a LOT ... he's at the top of the press covering the man who throws the ball imbounds ... did I mention that he's 6'-8" tall? He has a wing span of a 7 footer. The other wing player is Ryan Boyce, a 6'-4" SG who is athletic as all get out. Don't be fooled by his athleticisim though because he can flat out SHOOT! Then the other guy on the wing is this guy named Alex Lomax. I don't have to tell you who he is. Bearden won't get any easy looks on the wing. It will be rough sledding all game. East holding Blackman scoreless in the 2nd quarter wasn't a fluke. East's defense is what makes them so dominant. I doubt Bearden will have a good shooting percentage, regardless of where their shots will be taken.

1 hour ago, kwc said:

East is BIG all over ... not just down low. Have you seen them play? Chandler Lawson is a 6-8  WING! When East plays their full court press ... which is a LOT ... he's at the top of the press covering the man who throws the ball imbounds ... did I mention that he's 6'-8" tall? He has a wing span of a 7 footer. The other wing player is Ryan Boyce, a 6'-4" SG who is athletic as all get out. Don't be fooled by his athleticisim though because he can flat out SHOOT! Then the other guy on the wing is this guy named Alex Lomax. I don't have to tell you who he is. Bearden won't get any easy looks on the wing. It will be rough sledding all game. East holding Blackman scoreless in the 2nd quarter wasn't a fluke. East's defense is what makes them so dominant. I doubt Bearden will have a good shooting percentage, regardless of where their shots will be taken.

Yeah, I watched the Blackman game. I couldn’t tell how tall the wings were just how time the Blackman players had to alter their shots while trying to score in the paint. In would be a miracle to beat East. I watched Bearden play as and they are good but will not be close to East.

I think Lomax is the key to East. When he decides to go to the basket well he goes to the basket. He passes extremely well in fact his passing for slams was integral in dismantling Blackman. ( I watched the game live and wondered if Blackman sent their wrestling team by mistake since there were so many of them on the floor. The hack a shack was pretty lame too after Johnson starting making free throws). As was said before Lomax is a terror on defense as well. And last but not least there is another Lawson (freshman only 6'7") who is a guard. I think Glover and the Bearden boys have a tough row to hoe but I like their coach who changed his lineup at half time to a "twin towers" type by inserting Ketteri for Brown. This allowed Pember to roam and contest shots. Won't work with East.

1 hour ago, Chinadog said:

If Bearden can minimize turnovers and prevent the alley-oop to Wiseman, they have a slight chance. Their guards are super quick and steal the ball a lot. Think it'll be closer than most think. I do think East will win, but thinking it'll only be about 10-12. :)

Well ... Bearden is going to have to deal with that East press. With Chandler Lawson on the front of it and Alex Lomax runnig wild pressuring the ball, it is goping to be tough for Bearden to keep the TOs low. How does Bearden stop the Alley-oop?

I agree, if they do what you say they should do, the outcome could be as you suggest. I don't think they will be able to do that.

East is just on another level.