Bearden vs Memphis East

REBELRON

9 hours ago, Chinadog said:

If Bearden can minimize turnovers and prevent the alley-oop to Wiseman, they have a slight chance. Their guards are super quick and steal the ball a lot. Think it'll be closer than most think. I do think East will win, but thinking it'll only be about 10-12. :)

I think I called it. I will say the refs were questionable. The game breaker was the press, late in the 4th, East got all over Bearden and East went on final run and Bearden just didn't have enough gas left in the tank. Hats off to Bearden for putting up a fight until the very end. Heck of a season. East will punish Whitehaven. I wonder what'll happen to East next year when Penny is at Memphis? They lose Lomax and others, Wiseman can't transfer. Bearden comes back with the same roster looking to take that golden ball!

12 minutes ago, Chinadog said:

I think I called it. I will say the refs were questionable. The game breaker was the press, late in the 4th, East got all over Bearden and East went on final run and Bearden just didn't have enough gas left in the tank. Hats off to Bearden for putting up a fight until the very end. Heck of a season. East will punish Whitehaven. I wonder what'll happen to East next year when Penny is at Memphis? They lose Lomax and others, Wiseman can't transfer. Bearden comes back with the same roster looking to take that golden ball!

I was thinking about your pregame assesment earlier when the game was being played. Losing the big guys to fouls wasn't something that I took into consideration. They lose Lomax and Boyce. I believe that Wiseman will have an opportunity to reclassify and come out early, if he so chooses. Thats a rumor I heard. Lomax has verbaled to Whicthica State. Boyce has verbaled to UAB.

Edited by kwc

10 minutes ago, Chinadog said:

I could possibly see Todd Day or Lawson taking over East! If Wiseman doesn’t reclassify that would still leave them with Wiseman, Dandrige, Lawson, and the three freshman!