Loretto vs Douglass Championship Game

CASC95

1 hour ago, CASC95 said:

I was curious about this comment. So I went and checked out last year's State Tournament Baseball and Weathers is a gamer! He had two complete game shutouts with 28 Ks and batted 9 for 11 (with 2 homers). Those are almost unbelievable numbers.

State Tournament MVP baseball 2017 & basketball 2018

His numbers in baseball are unbelievable:

"I definitely want to be at Vanderbilt," said Ryan, who was 9-0 with a 0.11 ERA after allowing one earned run in 63 innings. "It's been my dream school. I look forward to going there. Right now, that's where I'm going.

"If the draft happens, it happens."

Ryan cited a strong relationship with Vanderbilt coach Tim Corbin and associate head coach and pitching coach Scott Brown as key reasons why he signed with Vanderbilt.

He struck out 139 batters with just five walks a year ago and was named the Tennessee Class A Mr. Baseball in helping Loretto win its first Class A baseball state title.

And the son of former major league pitcher David Weathers https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/04/05/loretto-ryan-david-weathers-carries-family-name-mound/99999684/

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CoachT said:

"I definitely want to be at Vanderbilt," said Ryan, who was 9-0 with a 0.11 ERA after allowing one earned run in 63 innings. "It's been my dream school. I look forward to going there. Right now, that's where I'm going.

Ryan cited a strong relationship with Vanderbilt coach Tim Corbin and associate head coach and pitching coach Scott Brown as key reasons why he signed with Vanderbilt.

He struck out 139 batters with just five walks a year ago and was named the Tennessee Class A Mr. Baseball in helping Loretto win its first Class A baseball state title.

And the son of former major league pitcher David Weathers https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/04/05/loretto-ryan-david-weathers-carries-family-name-mound/99999684/

Wow! Very impressive.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 8:23 AM, CoachT said:

I watch a lot of college baseball and if his numbers translate (which no doubt will since he competes against quality opponents), he should be drafted highly by MLB. I would like to see him play at Vandy, but it would be hard to pass up the opportunity to play immediately in MiLB/MLB.