Richland

TF38478

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked someone in LC about Patterson and he said he had heard that Coach Sharpe and him were at odds right now.  Didn't know what happened just said he hasn't been around football much according to his son.  He said LC has had several coaching changes this past off-season...He said one took head job and took a coach with him and he thought another had taken assistant job at bigger high school in maybe Murfreesboro area.  

2 hours ago, Raiderforlife said:

I asked someone in LC about Patterson and he said he had heard that Coach Sharpe and him were at odds right now.  Didn't know what happened just said he hasn't been around football much according to his son.  He said LC has had several coaching changes this past off-season...He said one took head job and took a coach with him and he thought another had taken assistant job at bigger high school in maybe Murfreesboro area.  

That is not the situation. One young coach has accepted a job in Georgia and is leaving on great terms. Another Coach may leave for Oakland to coach with Coach Creasy, who he met through Coach Sharp. Unless Coach Patterson has something with his family he is at the field house everyday. All are looking to take a step up in a new job. If you look at the long list of coaches that have worked with coach Sharp you will see that most have left to go home or move up. He maintains a good relationship with them and I feel confident that he will be a sounding block for Coach Patterson if he get the job at Richland. Coach Patterson has always had a goal of being a head coach again and Coach Sharp will and has supported that.

I apologize if it came across wrong.  This person I talked to had nothing but GOOD things to say about Coach Patterson.  Just said was a little possible turnover this year at LC in regards to coaches, and he said it was people moving up or closer to family, etc.  Anyone who has coached for Sharp would definitely be a good one...kind of like a Saban, Meyer, etc. type background for HS coaches.  From what he told me it would also be a HOME RUN hire.  Like I said I apologize if my statement sounded bad, I may not have worded it in the best way.   

I believe the potential for Richland to be competitive early  are very high with the hire of Coach Patterson.  There seems to be more administrative support than in the past. I know Coach Wright was a very good football coach for many years. If the community gets behind this program they could surprise some people this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Not meaning to bump this thread but didn’t he flame out over there in Centerville? Three years there and went backwards all three years? 

But, hey, he came from a program that was proud to play teams like ya’lls, Collinwood, Forrest and those other SMALL schools. 

Good luck down there.