TN NHSCA RESULTS

durdon

22 hours ago, durdon said:

Advantage??   How many kids that were boarders wrestled varsity for Baylor and McCallie this past year?  

The answer is 1 each..  and the one that wrestled for McCallie  didn’t go to McCallie to wrestle and had to be talked in wrestling last year as a freshman. 

The fact that those schools offer boarding really doesn’t give those schools a sports advantage.  

Now yes there were a lot of people that were upset about some of the transfers last year, personally I wish the TSSAA would just do away with all the transfer rules like Illinois has and just let kids go to the programs that fits them best.  

I guess you can I can discuss this in person one day, because I don't agree and don't want to get this all out there. But one point, if you don't see that there is an advantage in being able to recruit even just one kid, by offering them housing when their families do not have to move, you are mistaken. Its a whole lot harder to sell a home, move multiple people, and mom and dad find new jobs, then it is to move one kid, and give them a place to live. YES, that kid will miss out on family, but that was decided beforehand.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:05 PM, durdon said:

Advantage??   How many kids that were boarders wrestled varsity for Baylor and McCallie this past year?  

The answer is 1 each..  and the one that wrestled for McCallie  didn’t go to McCallie to wrestle and had to be talked in wrestling last year as a freshman. 

The fact that those schools offer boarding really doesn’t give those schools a sports advantage.  

Now yes there were a lot of people that were upset about some of the transfers last year, personally I wish the TSSAA would just do away with all the transfer rules like Illinois has and just let kids go to the programs that fits them best.  

Come on now Durdon boarding not an advantage you are crazy and i know D2 schools cant "offer" scholarships but we both know there are ways around that. 

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, PurpleWrestler said:

why does where someone lives change the rule? All that does is give the boarding schools an unfair advantage. And now the rest of the state isn't allowed to change because they will live in a house? The rules need to be the same for ALL kids

As a former public school athlete I could care less where my opponent attended school.  It was my job and my coaches job to figure out a way to win.  Wrestling is an individual sport and as with all individual sports (tennis, golf, track & field) there should only be one division.  The true champions only care about one thing and that is winning a championship.  

With regard to being able to transfer to a boarding school without sitting out one full athletic season you need to take that up with the TSSAA.  I have always felt that the rules were put in place in the 60's (over 50 years ago) by the TSSAA when things were much different than they are today.  Let's give all student athletes one free transfer!  If a kid is attending Memphis University School and makes the decision they want to attend Melrose they should be allowed to do so without forfeiting one year of eligibility.  This is about the kids and many times the kids need athletics much more than people understand.  

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Bump11 said:

Werazzlin can you give some insight? This would be a huge loss for Beech. 

Been out of Country on a Vacation with the family. Yes, I have been informed that Horst is moving on to Baylor. Yes, it will be a loss to lose Horst from the wrestling program. 

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, PurpleWrestler said:

why does where someone lives change the rule? All that does is give the boarding schools an unfair advantage. And now the rest of the state isn't allowed to change because they will live in a house? The rules need to be the same for ALL kids

Horst has been with Beech wrestling program since 5th grade. Yes we (Beech Wrestling)  have had a Co-op with Station Camp for a long time now.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, facenthecrowd said:

I noticed it as well.  Is Noah transferring to Baylor?  He was wearing a Baylor Wrestling Club singlet.  He did not have Coach Roberts coaching him.  He had Baylor wrestlers coaching him and Baylor wrestlers in his corner.  

Is he transferring?  If so, I am sure Beech is not happy about this develpment if this is true.  Will he be eligible?  I am told that many kids that transfer have to sit out a year.  Will Noah?

Coach Roberts was not coaching him as I was out of the Country on a planned Vacation.

1 minute ago, werazzlin said:

Coach Roberts was not coaching him as I was out of the Country on a planned Vacation.

Coach Roberts I fully understand you not wanting to say a great deal regarding the probable transfer of 2X State Champion Noah Horst.  However, with it being reported that Noah was wearing a Baylor Wrestling Club singlet and was also being coached by Baylor parents and student athletes it's easy for one to speculate that Noah Horst will be attending The Baylor School next season.

What are you able to tell us about Station Camp starting a wrestling program next season and  all the wrestlers that attend class at Station Camp but wrestle for Beech will not be allowed to compete for Beech next season and will don a Station Camp singlet?

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

Coach Roberts I fully understand you not wanting to say a great deal regarding the probable transfer of 2X State Champion Noah Horst.  However, with it being reported that Noah was wearing a Baylor Wrestling Club singlet and was also being coached by Baylor parents and student athletes it's easy for one to speculate that Noah Horst will be attending The Baylor School next season.

What are you able to tell us about Station Camp starting a wrestling program next season and  all the wrestlers that attend class at Station Camp but wrestle for Beech will not be allowed to compete for Beech next season and will don a Station Camp singlet?

As far as I am told from the Administration Station Camp and Beech will continue to have co-op for the 2018-2019 season as well.