Top Teams in 2A for 2018!

Tiger4life88

34 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I don't really know much about how the west will shake out but I do know that we (Marion Co) are not the 3rd best team in the state. We aren't a top 10 team. The east semi will probably come down to Tyner vs Meigs. I've heard Tyner is better than last year (which is hard for me to believe with Bowens having graduated, but anything is possible). My best guess on the west would be UC vs Adamsville in the west.

Thing about Marion is on any given Friday they have the talent, and coaching to upset a lot of teams. Trousdale vs Marion 2017 comes to mind when I say this. They may actually not be a top 10 team but not preparing for them like they are is a long bus ride home from what i have seen from a lot of teams.

33 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

Id have to agree with your semifinal teams for sure. Is Marion a year away or just on a talent dry spell?

We should be good next year and have the kids coming up that we should make runs to Cookeville for 5 or 6 yrs straight. (A ton of skill kids that are fast.) That's if they all stick with it. We have a kid that came in to 8th grade that's being compared to Blake Zeman who was a beast for us for 3 straight years. Installing a new offense this year to get ready for these new kids coming up. Future is very bright for us. Just gotta tough it out this year.

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Thing about Marion is on any given Friday they have the talent, and coaching to upset a lot of teams. Trousdale vs Marion 2017 comes to mind when I say this. They may actually not be a top 10 team but not preparing for them like they are is a long bus ride home from what i have seen from a lot of teams.

Just gotta take our lumps to get our kids ready for the next few years. New offense that will take some time to adjust to. 

5 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I don't really know much about how the west will shake out but I do know that we (Marion Co) are not the 3rd best team in the state. We aren't a top 10 team. The east semi will probably come down to Tyner vs Meigs. I've heard Tyner is better than last year (which is hard for me to believe with Bowens having graduated, but anything is possible). My best guess on the west would be UC vs Adamsville in the west.

Even though it's good to hear such lofty expectations about the RamTrain, we are a long way from accomplishing what the 2017 team did. Luck and/or talent plays a big part but so does focus and how you respond to adversity. This is something that the 2018 team will have to show! The rankings show what you "WERE" not what you currently "ARE"!! 

Go "RAMS"!!!

6 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Not sold on Adamsville. I am Not being a hater. Had a few years and battles with them. I respect Their program so much but I do Not see them being like the years past. I can Be proven wrong because I am All the time. But last years team finished 4th in the region I believe And they lost their line and a couple of key skill guys. Time will tell. My team is predicted to miss the playoffs again this year. So time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Not sold on Adamsville. I am Not being a hater. Had a few years and battles with them. I respect Their program so much but I do Not see them being like the years past. I can Be proven wrong because I am All the time. But last years team finished 4th in the region I believe And they lost their line and a couple of key skill guys. Time will tell. My team is predicted to miss the playoffs again this year. So time will tell. 

I find it interesting that YOUR team is predicated to miss the playoffs again.  YOUR team has made the playoffs 6 years in a row.  It seems that the predictors miss it almost every year with YOUR team.  I think folks better look out for YOUR team!  Going to surprise a lot of folks!

21 minutes ago, Intense said:

I find it interesting that YOUR team is predicated to miss the playoffs again.  YOUR team has made the playoffs 6 years in a row.  It seems that the predictors miss it almost every year with YOUR team.  I think folks better look out for YOUR team!  Going to surprise a lot of folks!

Hahahahaha. Intense good to hear from you. Just shaking the bushes boss!  But you are right people might be a LITTLE surprised with us this year. We do have the fastes kid in the state on the team. Just sayin. 

Was there also. Trousdale dominated scrimmage. Ran the ball at will on Upperman. Trousdale played two lines and both lines opened up holes a mile wide. Trousdale scored 9 times and Upperman scored twice (both on long bombs that our defender just didn’t make a play. All in all a good day. Look forward for a few weeks. TC is without all state qb until second half of season. Got some tough scrimmages coming up! 

Edited by Volstate