Top Teams in 2A for 2018!

Tiger4life88

17 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

What was the scrimmage outcome.  Scores? Who looked better? 

TC scored 9 times. I think Upperman scored twice. Only thing Upperman could was throw the ball and the two scores were on deep balls that TC DB was there but just didn’t go after it. Someone said Upperman had new coach so I’m sure they are still putting stuff in. 

But it wasn’t a game format. It was just plays and both teams had same number it seems on both sides of ball

Edited by Volstate

9 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Meigs is same on both polls. Which is 5th

Coaches' 2018 Preseason Top 10
2A
  1. Union City (6)
  2. Waverly Central (2)
  3. Peabody (4)
  4. Trousdale County (4)
  5. Meigs County (4)
  6. Columbia Academy (3)
  7. Tyner Academy
  8. Marion County
  9. Adamsville
  10. Lewis County

After watching Waverly and Union City scrimmage today Waverly is my #1. Their air game is superb. Neither Union City or Wayne Co could slow them down. They scored at will!

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Hahahahaha. Intense good to hear from you. Just shaking the bushes boss!  But you are right people might be a LITTLE surprised with us this year. We do have the fastes kid in the state on the team. Just sayin. 

Yalls guy might be the fastest player in the state but my vote for the quickest payer in the state goes to Daquon Robinson of Huntingdon. You can't tackle him in a phone booth. Electricfying

25 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Yalls guy might be the fastest player in the state but my vote for the quickest payer in the state goes to Daquon Robinson of Huntingdon. You can't tackle him in a phone booth. Electricfying

I will put ours in the same booth and you won’t tackle him. He is so quick you won’t touch him. Oh and he won the state in the 100 meters and Second in the 200 as a sophomore. Just wait for it he is about to show out. 

Edited by BigEdMo

16 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

After watching Waverly and Union City scrimmage today Waverly is my #1. Their air game is superb. Neither Union City or Wayne Co could slow them down. They scored at will!

Waverly is the real deal offensively. Lead by Mr. Football Winner Gavin Stanfield #11 at QB who  has ran that offense since his Freshman year. I don’t see how this kid hasn’t had more football offers than he has. The running back #45 Montez Bradley is beast mode and is one of the best backs in the state. Don’t let Waverlys passing game fool you. Bradley and Stanfield will burn you in the run game. If you think those two are nasty... just watch JD Dixon #37. He makes scoring look easy. Good luck trying to catch him! He is just as nasty on defense! Waverly will play with a lot of running clocks this year. If the defense has improved from last year... I expect them to be in Cookeville in December! 

5 hours ago, Trollin said:

Waverly is the real deal offensively. Lead by Mr. Football Winner Gavin Stanfield #11 at QB who  has ran that offense since his Freshman year. I don’t see how this kid hasn’t had more football offers than he has. The running back #45 Montez Bradley is beast mode and is one of the best backs in the state. Don’t let Waverlys passing game fool you. Bradley and Stanfield will burn you in the run game. If you think those two are nasty... just watch JD Dixon #37. He makes scoring look easy. Good luck trying to catch him! He is just as nasty on defense! Waverly will play with a lot of running clocks this year. If the defense has improved from last year... I expect them to be in Cookeville in December! 

So how many touchdowns are y'all gonna beat down my little 1A Mustangs. Y'all think your line is big you ought to see Ripley's line. It looks like an NFL line. We scrimmaged them today and handled them pretty easily. We going to have to keep Yalls offense off the field to have a chance. Defending the pass ain't our strong point. We don't lose many games but when we lose its usually by getting beat deep. Should be a great game like last year.

9 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

We had a controlled scrimmage today against 3a Covington and 4a Liberty. ??? Not bad. Got some work but not bad!!!

I counted TCA with 2 scores versus one against Liberty and 3 scores versus two against Covington.  TCA is going to surprise some folks.  TCA has a great defense and is loaded at WR.  Running game is yet to be determined.  There isn’t a Goldsmith or Horton at RB but I suspect it will be RB by committee.  Liberty and Covington have lots of speed which was a great test for TCA.  Davis for TCA is at another level when it comes to speed!  Wow he’s fast!.  The issue with TCA is the same old issue.........they can play with anyone in 2A barring injuries.  With 28 players it’s difficult to make it to November with the same team you had in August.  UC,Trenton, and Adamsville have at least 20 more players than TCA so they have a better chance to sustain key injuries.  Good luck to TCA!  Very impressed!