Bearden Invitational Tournament this weekend

fernando9

Annual tourney in Knoxville tomorrow evening (Thursday) through Saturday at Bearden High School.   Tons of games, lots of good local teams as well as from middle and West TN, and a team from Georgia (Hardin Valley's old coach's current team).   

Best I can tell, here's the current schedule:

http://www.gosoccerdawgs.com/Tournament

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday:

I only saw a little bit, but I believe these to be accurate:

Arlington and HVA 3-3 draw, not enough to make a comment

Houston over Maryville 4-2, both teams look good

Mo West and Notre Dame were drawn 1-1, but I do not know how that ended

Oak Ridge over Gallatin 2-1.

Bearden v. Hendersonville. A great match up.

Greeneville v, Central Gwinnett. Another great matchup. 

Results from website from Friday to add to Akula's scores:

*Webb 5 Central 1

*Greeneville 3 Central Gwinnett 2

*Bearden 3 Hendersonville 2

*Notre Dame 2 Mo West 1

Greeneville v Gwinnett was evidently great game ... until apparently a melee bordering on brawl broke out between players after a collision between Gwinnett forward and Greeneville goalie.  Was told at least 2-3 people on each side got tossed and possibly more suspensions than that when dust settles.  

I was at tourney for a bit.    By end of evening when they were playing Oak Ridge then Bearden games, the grass field was in pools in places.  Turf field was very slick but playable.  Rain all afternoon and evening.   Not much they can do about the weather.   All games apparently moved to turf today, except for one or two cancelled and Maryville game moving to Maryville

Okay so Greeneville is the best team in East Tennessee this year right? Looks like it from the scores. They’ve always been pretty good, more so with the girls, but apparently they’re really good now. And coincidentally the first year without having to compete with private schools for State. I’m going to have to try to see this team play.

I would say so.   I think Farragut if they were at full strength without injuries and possibly DB could give them some run, but overall, yes.   Bearden evidently played them pretty well a few weeks ago ... and still lost 3-0 because of great set pieces.  

The twins are about as good as you'll find around here for a CB and striker combo, their goalkeeper is very good, and they have a strong group around them and coach seems to do a great job every year getting the best out of their players.

I know Houston sure isn't used to losing, nor was that team from Georgia this weekend, and had a couple of people tell me that were at the game and Houston was stunned to get punched in the mouth by Greeneville.

Not sure how anyone will compete with them in the lower division this year.