Greeneville @ DB

7 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Congrats on your game last night.Will your game against Maryville be on tv this year or on the Net.I'd love to see it

Thanks Bat! I’m not sure about tv? However, I’m pretty sure diamond Clear Media should cover it on the net!

Drove to DB tonight to watch the Devils! Very impressive as well!

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ShellbackIndian said:

That’s a fine football team that beat us tonight. Congrats on the victory totally dominated us in every aspect of the game. So much for that national search for a coach!

You and I both know there was no national search for a coach. This was settled long before Clark "retired". Their not going to bring in a coach from the "outside" and upset the apple cart. I notice Clark on the field before the game but lost track of him after that. I just have to wonder if this was his game plan and play calling or Christians. Either way that was about as bad as it gets as far as being prepared for a football game. Greenville was probably going to win this game regardless but DB's talent level is not as bad as they showed tonight. It's way to early to pass judgement on Christian but the first thing he needs to do is be his own man. We'll know if he can do that by game 5. It doesn't look good at this point.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You were right. I knew Greenville was the better team coming in but I didn't expect DB would get steamrolled this bad. This might be the easiest game Greenville has all year. I still think DB has much better talent than what they showed tonight. I think the problem is obvious but I'll let everybody else talk about that. I just hope the good ole boys are happy with what they've built here.

Waco doo ewe rekkun thait tha knew corch weal talk abowt ewe on tha tv....Like Clark did...???........:popcorneater:

Greene looked really great tonight!   I thought they could win it, but I thought the game would be closer than how it turned out.   The score could have been a lot worse.  History made tonight with a back to back Victory over the tribe & Prior tonight the last time Greene won at DB was 1961.  Impressive win for the Greene Devils at DB.  What a way to make a statement!!  

Edited by Romansfive8

Congratulations to the Devil's. All that Hard work in the summer and fall practice had them ready to go tonight when the lights came on for real. Those two tuff scrimmage's against two fine football team's in Fulton and Farragut I think also helped them a lot. No turnovers was great to see. Still some costly penalties but besides that great execution all night . Good luck to DB the rest of the way. Hopefully they can get it turned around I know they have a pretty tuff schedule this year. Now on to our old rivals those Morristown west Trojans . Can't wait for that one

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

A very fine start for the Devils . I  thought it could have been even more ugly and that's a little surprising.I told BVD right before the game that I was feeling very good about the Devils but  I wasn't feeling this good.Just a little surprised now that it's over .Thought DB would be a little stronger out of the gate.

what alot of people dont understand about greeneville now as opposed to greeneville "then" is like swipes said....CULTURE.....The shirts they wear that say "created by culture" isnt just a cute catchy slogan....its a fact. Ballard runs the program almost like a college program. Theres a kid on this years team that has played at 3 different Hs's and i asked him out of those three, which team has the hardest practices and he said it wasnt even close...in fact he told me one of the schools he went to only practices 3 times a week and they never lift.....i dont know how accurate that last part is but i refuse to call a kid a liar. I dont know how long ballard will stay, but whoever the next coach is, as long as its one from the current staff, the culture will remain the same.....the talent however will take a big drop next year but even with all the great seniors that will move on,  there's still several great juniors and quite a few good sophs.....i havent seen enough of the frosh yet to say how they will be

I'm pretty sure Greeneville has a good crop of Freshman that came in this season. So I'd  say they will just reload up with talented kids. The work they do separates them from about almost any school  in the state. Go give David Crawford  a follow twitter  if you want a daily view of  the work they do in the weight room.

• Upvote 1