Greeneville @ DB

Anything is possible on how many wins DB could get .If a frog had wings is the first thing that comes to mind.However,first thing is put this game behind you .Second thing is there are several fine athletes on DBs team.Just go back to work and never give up putting 100% into every practice and play as the season goes along. To the players,this isn't the worst thing in life,it's a dang football game and your not going to win everything and every time in life.Just do your best and when high school and high school football is over  ,you will have friends that will last a lot longer then your football career.

From 5starpreps 

KINGSPORT — Defending state Class 4A champion Greeneville had a point to prove and some history to tend to Friday night in its high school football season opener against Dobyns-Bennett.

The Greene Devils took care of both in convincing fashion as they mauled the 6A Indians, 43-3, at J. Fred Johnson Stadium.

The takeaway: Greeneville can play with any team, in any classification in the state.

“It’s a pretty good one when you can come in and play like that against a 6A school and perform the way we did,” said Devils coach Caine Ballard.

“You can’t ask for much more. It’s a great start.”

It was the second win ever for Greeneville at Dobyns-Bennett, and the first for the Devils in Kingsport in 57 years.

D-B still leads the all-time series, 30-7.

Greeneville quarterback Cade Ballard, who accounted for six touchdowns and 432 yards in total offense, said the Devils thrived in the moment of a big season opener against the Indians.

“D-B is such an historic place and there were probably 8,000 to 10,000 fans here,” said the Army commit.

“We’re happy with what we did, but we can always improve.”

Big numbers

Ballard, who compiled prolific numbers on his way to winning Mr. Football in 4A last season, is off to another fast statistical start — even by his standards.

He carried the ball 13 times for 133 yards and scored on runs of 21 and 84 yards.

The later was a backbreaker.

On a third-and-1 from the Greeneville 16 on the first series of the second half, Ballard disappeared into the line on a quarterback sneak.

He broke free of the pile and sprinted down the D-B sidelines to put the Devils up 29-0 with 10:25 to play in the third quarter.

Ballard was 15 of 18 through the air for 299 yards and four touchdowns.

His final two touchdown passes came on bombs of 52 and 63 yards to Virginia commitment Dorien Goddard, one of four FBS commits for Greeneville.

Cade Ballard said Goddard is much more of a threat to go deep this season.

“He has done a great job all offseason working the ball ball,” he said.

“Dorien definitely stepped up tonight.”

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Goddard finished with seen catches for 158 yards.

Ballard also threw first-half touchdown strikes of 32 yards to Wake Forest commit Cameron Hite and 34 yards to Garrin Shuffler.

“He played pretty well,” said Caine Ballard, of his son’s play at quarterback.

Devils shine on defense

Caine Ballard said his chief concern going in was the matchup of his defense against D-B’s offense.

His concerns proved unfounded as Greeneville’s defense dominated in the first half and held the Indians to 232 totals yards on the night.

The lone bright spot on offense for D-B was running back Ian Hicks (24 carries, 126 yards).

“I thought the challenge going in was on the defensive side for us,” said Ballard.

“We had them shut out at halftime. That (Greeneville’s defense) was the side I really challenged tonight.”

Streaking Devils

Greeneville ran its regular-season winning streak to 29 games, the second longest in the state. Oakland had won 29 games in a row coming into Friday night.

On deck
Greeneville tries to keep the momentum going next week when it hosts Morristown West (1-0). Dobyns-Bennett tries to regroup as it travels to Oak Ridge (1-0).
Edited by DevilMan03

11 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

From 5starpreps 

KINGSPORT — Defending state Class 4A champion Greeneville had a point to prove and some history to tend to Friday night in its high school football season opener against Dobyns-Bennett.

The Greene Devils took care of both in convincing fashion as they mauled the 6A Indians, 43-3, at J. Fred Johnson Stadium.

The takeaway: Greeneville can play with any team, in any classification in the state.

“It’s a pretty good one when you can come in and play like that against a 6A school and perform the way we did,” said Devils coach Caine Ballard.

“You can’t ask for much more. It’s a great start.”

It was the second win ever for Greeneville at Dobyns-Bennett, and the first for the Devils in Kingsport in 57 years.

D-B still leads the all-time series, 30-7.

Greeneville quarterback Cade Ballard, who accounted for six touchdowns and 432 yards in total offense, said the Devils thrived in the moment of a big season opener against the Indians.

“D-B is such an historic place and there were probably 8,000 to 10,000 fans here,” said the Army commit.

“We’re happy with what we did, but we can always improve.”

Big numbers

Ballard, who compiled prolific numbers on his way to winning Mr. Football in 4A last season, is off to another fast statistical start — even by his standards.

He carried the ball 13 times for 133 yards and scored on runs of 21 and 84 yards.

The later was a backbreaker.

On a third-and-1 from the Greeneville 16 on the first series of the second half, Ballard disappeared into the line on a quarterback sneak.

He broke free of the pile and sprinted down the D-B sidelines to put the Devils up 29-0 with 10:25 to play in the third quarter.

Ballard was 15 of 18 through the air for 299 yards and four touchdowns.

His final two touchdown passes came on bombs of 52 and 63 yards to Virginia commitment Dorien Goddard, one of four FBS commits for Greeneville.

Cade Ballard said Goddard is much more of a threat to go deep this season.

“He has done a great job all offseason working the ball ball,” he said.

“Dorien definitely stepped up tonight.”

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Goddard finished with seen catches for 158 yards.

Ballard also threw first-half touchdown strikes of 32 yards to Wake Forest commit Cameron Hite and 34 yards to Garrin Shuffler.

“He played pretty well,” said Caine Ballard, of his son’s play at quarterback.

Devils shine on defense

Caine Ballard said his chief concern going in was the matchup of his defense against D-B’s offense.

His concerns proved unfounded as Greeneville’s defense dominated in the first half and held the Indians to 232 totals yards on the night.

The lone bright spot on offense for D-B was running back Ian Hicks (24 carries, 126 yards).

“I thought the challenge going in was on the defensive side for us,” said Ballard.

“We had them shut out at halftime. That (Greeneville’s defense) was the side I really challenged tonight.”

Streaking Devils

Greeneville ran its regular-season winning streak to 29 games, the second longest in the state. Oakland had won 29 games in a row coming into Friday night.

On deck
Greeneville tries to keep the momentum going next week when it hosts Morristown West (1-0). Dobyns-Bennett tries to regroup as it travels to Oak Ridge (1-0).

I never seen the final total stats,have you got those Devilman ?

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

I never seen the final total stats,have you got those Devilman ?

Greeneville
Dobyns-Bennett
First Downs

Rushing Att-Yards
23-165

37-176

Passes Comp-Att-Int
15-18-0

11-14-0

Passing Yards

Total Offense

Fumbles-Lost
0-0

0-0

Penalties/Yards
6-75

5-61

Punts-Average
0-0

3-29.3

8 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greeneville
Dobyns-Bennett
First Downs

Rushing Att-Yards
23-165

37-176

Passes Comp-Att-Int
15-18-0

11-14-0

Passing Yards

Total Offense

Fumbles-Lost
0-0

0-0

Penalties/Yards
6-75

5-61

Punts-Average
0-0

3-29.3

thanks.Those stats look a lot closer then the game was

39 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

Agree. We need to clean up those penalties also. 

I still don't know what the ref seen on those two pass interference calls.They were both in front of me and I thought the Devil db played it well.Maybe they were not use to the defensive back being in position to make a play.I think if they wanted to,a ref could call something on every play, but wouldn't that be fun to watch.