Greeneville @ DB

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Is this true? They hired Greeneville's OC at DB and he only lasted three days? That's what I was told.

No.  The applicant was the head coach at Cherokee, who had previously been OC at Greenville.  DB extended the offer, but I'm told the dealbreaker was a teaching position for his wife, which did not materialize.  So , he stayed in Hawkins.  I guess they hope to have an OC by December. Lol

14 minutes ago, johndeere said:

No.  The applicant was the head coach at Cherokee, who had previously been OC at Greenville.  DB extended the offer, but I'm told the dealbreaker was a teaching position for his wife, which did not materialize.  So , he stayed in Hawkins.  I guess they hope to have an OC by December. Lol

Your Talking about Coach Baugh who was the QB's/OC Coach at Greeneville before taking the head Coaching job at Cherokee.  (Ballard has always called the plays though no matter who had the OC title).  Coach Baugh has really helped Cherokee get better as his time as their Head Coach

5 hours ago, johndeere said:

They better be looking for a DC..........because they've been without one for several years.

13 hours ago, blazer1set said:

How about this for Region 1 ??

1. Science Hill
2. Dobyns-Bennett
3. Farragut
4. Hardin Valley Academy
5. Bearden
6. Morristown West
7. Jefferson County

I don't know much about any of these teams other than SH and DB going into the season. Can we get some info on the other 5? 

SH looked pretty good in their spring game. Defense (as usual) is the big question mark. Offense should put up some big numbers. The OL is big and experienced. The RB group is loaded with talent. The WR corp is extremely athletic but not a lot of experience at the varsity level. They do have a kid that could up being very special at that position. He's a sophomore and I think his last name is Santiago. He looks the part. Size, speed and good hands. I also know he's been impressing at some camps.  New QB as well (Junior, AJ Stewart) but the kid is a playmaker. Shifty and quick and has a good arm. Carter and staff will tell you he's in the mold of previous QB's Jaylan Adams and Malik McGue. From what little I've seen of him I can see the comparisons.

Edited by WBNC83

2 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

I don't know much about any of these teams other than SH and DB going into the season. Can we get some info on the other 5? 

SH looked pretty good in their spring game. Defense (as usual) is the big question mark. Offense should put up some big numbers. The OL is big and experienced. The RB group is loaded with talent. The WR corp is extremely athletic but not a lot of experience at the varsity level. New QB as well (Junior, AJ Stewart) but the kid is a playmaker. Shifty and quick and has a good arm. Carter and staff will tell you he's in the mold of previous QB's Jaylan Adams and Malik McGue. From what little I've seen of him I can see the comparisons.

Gotta play Defense to beat the champs of 4a!

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Everybody will figure out how good they are when they go up against Maryville. My guess is this year will be no different than any other.

I would agree. Maryville has more team speed than usual this year in addition to the things that always makes them so good