Morristown East or West Football

EASTFAN

I am not sold on neither of are High School coaches. To be fair, Sanders has to play 6A football and last year was his 1st year on the Job. Now at East, Wells has been there 5 years and hasn't been close to beating Morristown West and plays in one of the weakest 5A region in the whole state. East should be 7-3 every year base on the talent they have had the pass few years. What is so sad, this year team has a chance of being really good, but coaching is going to do them in again. Both schools better get there act together really soon, because the new private high school off Exit 4 in white pine is schedule to open 2019. There is enough family at both school that can afford to send their children to a private school, and the best athlete will have a chance to get Scholarship. Just maybe this will shake the powers to be into action before it is to late.

Edited by EASTFAN
flows better

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely someone out there has some type of comment. Over 100 people have read my post and not a single reply to my post. No-one from either high school cares enough to comment one way or another. This show me where Morristown is really at. No wonder they are building  Lakeway Christian high school. I guess most parents are done with both high schools, education or sports is just not getting it done. 

It is really hard to change what is going on to the football program at  East high school when no-one seems to care!

Edited by EASTFAN

Morristown West is historically a higher and better performing school sports and academically. If you want to talk academics currently Morristown West is ranked #15 in the state as a high school goes, take that for what it is. 

Morristown west and east both IMO perform below their talent level. I think size, strength, and speed wise that Mo West and Mo east should easily make it 3rd 4th round consistently year around. I think Mo East bases their success off whether they beat Mo West resulting in subpar football. 

But I think you need to give Sanders a chance and Mo West will be good again just give it time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe spring practices is going on now for both Morristown High schools. Has anyone seen them practice or scrimmage another team? I just wondering how many players each team has and does it look like they have spend the offseason in the weight room.

Edited by EASTFAN

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, BatmanDevil said:

Atleast Morristown East did win a state championship .That was also at the biggest classification at the time.Really don't know what happened since.

This is true East's won in 1966, but we haven't been close since. Now we are just plain avg. football team with bad coaching and player devolepment. It seems like I am reliving UT football mess all over again. Until East get the right coach nothing is going to chance.

42 minutes ago, EASTFAN said:

This is true East's won in 1966, but we haven't been close since. Now we are just plain avg. football team with bad coaching and player devolepment. It seems like I am reliving UT football mess all over again. Until East get the right coach nothing is going to chance.

http://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=19690103&pdf=.pdf

Edited by Red Rebels

53 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I wonder why they waited 31 years after the 1938 Elizabethton playoff title to do another playoff.Elizabethton was the undisputed state champs . Their first playoff game was in the 2nd round against Dobyns Bennett that year.I don't have your skill RR or I'd post it.

Just now, BatmanDevil said:

I wonder why they waited 31 years after the 1938 Elizabethton playoff title to do another playoff.Elizabethton was the undisputed state champs . Their first playoff game was in the 2nd round against Dobyns Bennett that year.I don't have your skill RR or I'd post it.

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

You are correct it was 1969, sorry about getting my year mixed up.

15 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

That Betsy story is a good one, I read some Elizabethton Star articles about it a few years back.

Betsy vs Mary in 1998 was the de facto state championship game. Those ole gals went after it in that game!

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

That Betsy story is a good one, I read some Elizabethton Star articles about it a few years back.

Betsy vs Mary in 1998 was the de facto state championship game. Those ole gals went after it in that game!

giphy.gif

The lady in blue looks like she is taking 75 years of built up rage out on the poor girl in red.