West TN Head Coach Jobs (Tons available)

WhereYouAt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very questionable hire by Haywood here. He did some good things at USJ but it's rumors of some behind the scenes stuff there that took place, also how is his style of play (cutting, running set plays) gonna mesh with a team that knows only one way to play. I hope it works or he's gonna be hired to be fired in a year.

I can't think of any on the top of my head that should be in the flirtatous of getting a new coach. However I've noticed that Milan has a new football coach in Teddy Pettigrew, and now they're getting a new boys and girls basketball coach. They're busy in Milan.

The Lexington one is intriguing to me because I can see Lexington compete for sub-state occasionally. I won't say every year, but they have the size to make a run.

Liberty is not appealing to me. Little brother to South Side now in Jackson's bragging rights, and the traveling sucks. Going to Savannah, Munford, and Brighton to play district, and playing region in AAA region Memphis. In addition, I don't think going to Liberty in general is attractive.

7 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Very questionable hire by Haywood here. He did some good things at USJ but it's rumors of some behind the scenes stuff there that took place, also how is his style of play (cutting, running set plays) gonna mesh with a team that knows only one way to play. I hope it works or he's gonna be hired to be fired in a year.

I don't know Coach Simmons but Im sure he is smart enough to play the way the talent dictates. He isn't going to play the same style he played at USJ. If he does then he deserves to be fired. However, HE WON"T. He has been around long enough to know better.

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I can't think of any on the top of my head that should be in the flirtatous of getting a new coach. However I've noticed that Milan has a new football coach in Teddy Pettigrew, and now they're getting a new boys and girls basketball coach. They're busy in Milan.

The Lexington one is intriguing to me because I can see Lexington compete for sub-state occasionally. I won't say every year, but they have the size to make a run.

Liberty is not appealing to me. Little brother to South Side now in Jackson's bragging rights, and the traveling sucks. Going to Savannah, Munford, and Brighton to play district, and playing region in AAA region Memphis. In addition, I don't think going to Liberty in general is attractive.

You are right. Milan is busy. Football school where Hoops is secondary. Obviously lots of athletes there but will they hoop.

The only time Lexington recently went to a sub state that I can remember is back to back years when they had the big kid that went to Memphis. Other than that. They have been out first or second round of the Region.

Liberty is the most appealing to me. Tons of kids there and they have championship banners. I feel Liberty is hungry for someone to come in and turn it around.

15 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

You are right. Milan is busy. Football school where Hoops is secondary. Obviously lots of athletes there but will they hoop.

The only time Lexington recently went to a sub state that I can remember is back to back years when they had the big kid that went to Memphis. Other than that. They have been out first or second round of the Region.

Liberty is the most appealing to me. Tons of kids there and they have championship banners. I feel Liberty is hungry for someone to come in and turn it around.

Liberty is a AAA school where you have to deal with Dyer County, Cordova, East, and others when it comes to region play (DC for district). Yes, you see the championship banners but I honestly don't think the kids care about the banners that hang in the raptors/walls. I believe the kids view it as a "what have you done for me lately" type thing, and I believe they will choose South Side over Liberty because of that. Now, will kids still attend Liberty and will Liberty still be competitive? Yes. But going to Murfreesboro? Doubt it.

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Liberty is a AAA school where you have to deal with Dyer County, Cordova, East, and others when it comes to region play (DC for district). Yes, you see the championship banners but I honestly don't think the kids care about the banners that hang in the raptors/walls. I believe the kids view it as a "what have you done for me lately" type thing, and I believe they will choose South Side over Liberty because of that. Now, will kids still attend Liberty and will Liberty still be competitive? Yes. But going to Murfreesboro? Doubt it.

Southside will fair no better now that Hamilton and Mitchell are AA. Mitchell will only get better.

AAA is tough on this side of the state no matter who you are because you've gotta go through Memphis. There is no easy road to a championship period.

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

there are tons of good teams and competition at the region level will be tough. However, East will change now that Coach Hardaway is not there. At least other teams will have a chance. The right guy at Liberty could do great things.

48 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Southside will fair no better now that Hamilton and Mitchell are AA. Mitchell will only get better.

AAA is tough on this side of the state no matter who you are because you've gotta go through Memphis. There is no easy road to a championship period.

Agree that Southside's road to the Boro is much more difficult now that the Districts and Regions have changed. Also, not only Mitchell but other Memphis teams will get better now that East won't get ALL the guys.

Agree no easy road to a championship and this is always the case.

Both Southside and Liberty are great schools. Southside has had more success recently but both great schools. Coach Fuller being a long tenured Coach gives the edge to Southside for sure. But the right fit at Liberty would create some excitement and momentum.