West TN Head Coach Jobs (Tons available)

WhereYouAt

11 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Liberty is a AAA school where you have to deal with Dyer County, Cordova, East, and others when it comes to region play (DC for district). Yes, you see the championship banners but I honestly don't think the kids care about the banners that hang in the raptors/walls. I believe the kids view it as a "what have you done for me lately" type thing, and I believe they will choose South Side over Liberty because of that. Now, will kids still attend Liberty and will Liberty still be competitive? Yes. But going to Murfreesboro? Doubt it.

AAA is just plain hard for a West Tennessee team to come out of and go to Murfreesboro. 13AAA always the underdog. Bigger schools in Memphis just have too many athletes. Not sure about the Liberty enrollment but Dyer County has 1200 students and is in AAA competing  with schools like Arlington  with last I heard 2500 students or Bartlett with 900 in the Freshman class alone last I heard. Just hard to do. Liberty with the right coach could very well have a shot if the can draw from across Madison County.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

AAA is just plain hard for a West Tennessee team to come out of and go to Murfreesboro. 13AAA always the underdog. Bigger schools in Memphis just have too many athletes. Not sure about the Liberty enrollment but Dyer County has 1200 students and is in AAA competing  with schools like Arlington  with last I heard 2500 students or Bartlett with 900 in the Freshman class alone last I heard. Just hard to do. Liberty with the right coach could very well have a shot if the can draw from across Madison County.

I do agree with you. Liberty would have to get the best Jackson talent in order to go to State Tournament right now because the talent level in Jackson area is down compared to past years. Once the talent level gets back to where it was (the talent will go up over the next few years) then they would have to pull some of the top guys but not all. Liberty is a very intriguing job for sure.

1 hour ago, OrangeGuru said:

I agree with that, but that last sentence and the word if scares me. That is where South Side comes into play. As long as Coach Fuller is still at South Side, they'll be a bigger threat to reach the state tournament than Liberty. Yes, the talent is down in Jackson. It's down in both basketball and football, and it's drastically down.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, WhereYouAt said:

When are some of these jobs gonna start filling up and who takes them?

Milan

Obion

Liberty

Lexington

Haywood

East

Also a few rumors about

USJ

Fayette Ware

Am I missing any?

Milan and Haywood off the list.

Which school will hire next and who is it going to be?

SS district and region is not that tough. SS won both as a 4 seed in the district. Substate will be tough and of course state, but they were real young this year. Liberty is not the liberty of old and they graduated all 5 starters. That job is not intriguing at all with talent down in Jackson and SS pulling in the better players. Liberty will struggle to get out of the district 

On 4/24/2018 at 0:19 PM, RealisticFan45 said:

SS district and region is not that tough. SS won both as a 4 seed in the district. Substate will be tough and of course state, but they were real young this year. Liberty is not the liberty of old and they graduated all 5 starters. That job is not intriguing at all with talent down in Jackson and SS pulling in the better players. Liberty will struggle to get out of the district 

Who wins that district? Dyer County lost the big kid, Haridin county lost their best player, not sure about Brighton and Munford

19 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

Who wins that district? Dyer County lost the big kid, Haridin county lost their best player, not sure about Brighton and Munford

Brighton loses Gatlin and Mumford wasn't very good anyway.

That district is too big (area) and can't compete with Memphis. For the most part, those teams are only playing for a district championship.

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Brighton loses Gatlin and Mumford wasn't very good anyway.

That district is too big (area) and can't compete with Memphis. For the most part, those teams are only playing for a district championship.

Totally agree. District just too big. Travel is a horrendous. Plus it is very hard to compete year end and year out with Memphis.  Schools in district just do not have the numbers to thrown into the AAAs in Shelby County for a trip to State. Quinton is gone from DC, Liberty lost its 5 seniors, Brighton will be down, Munford and Hardin County were not that strong last year and should be on same or slightly above that level next.  District should be a battle. There has to be another Class added to basketball across the state to allow these kids to be honestly compete each year instead of just being a gate receipt at a region venue for a bigger school most time twice the size of the schools in 13AAA.

21 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I could be wrong. I'm from Jackson and Liberty had nothing past the first 5 (all seniors)

Liberty had a couple young men come off the bench to get some playing time and they held their own  They are no different than rest of district in that maybe they had 1or2 who could come in and play without much let down from the first 5. But once you get past that unless it's a non typical year 6, or 7 is deep as most coaches can go in13AAA , Numbers just will not compete with Shelby County. TSSAA broke out the biggest  schools in football and they now compete in their own class. Football has how many State Champions  if you add private schools ?  What 7 ? Why are other sports treated different ?  

Edited by OrangeGuru