FARGO Qualifications

Rasslinking

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

I agree with you on this one, as someone who attended SE regionals back in the day there were no rules that said I had to go to State to go to the Regional events. Why would this rule even be in place? Doesn't surprise me though BB finagling the rules as he sees fit...

While the TWF can restrict wrestlers from going to Fargo they CAN NOT IN ANY WAY RESTRICT TN wrestlers from going to SE Regionals.  All of the Regionals including SE regional are an open tournaments.  

So any wrestler that wants to go to SE Regionals can go even if they don’t attend the TWF state tournament and there is nothing B.B. can do about that.  

But Ben can keep a wrestler from going to Fargo if they skip state even if they win SE Regionals... 

4 hours ago, durdon said:

While the TWF can restrict wrestlers from going to Fargo they CAN NOT IN ANY WAY RESTRICT TN wrestlers from going to SE Regionals.  All of the Regionals including SE regional are an open tournaments.  

So any wrestler that wants to go to SE Regionals can go even if they don’t attend the TWF state tournament and there is nothing B.B. can do about that.  

But Ben can keep a wrestler from going to Fargo if they skip state even if they win SE Regionals... 

Ok this helps out ALOT.  Word on the street was you had to be given PERMISSION to wrestle in a regionals.  Thought that was odd

Thank Durden for clearing that up. Seems to be a lot of control issues with TWF. I'm with cbg, could we get a list if the current board members....... without having to call someone. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Ok this helps out ALOT.  Word on the street was you had to be given PERMISSION to wrestle in a regionals.  Thought that was odd

Thank Durden for clearing that up. Seems to be a lot of control issues with TWF. I'm with cbg, could we get a list if the current board members....... without having to call someone. 

When the list of the Tennessee Wrestling Federation Executive Board is not posted immediately you should know that there is a problem somewhere.  

• Upvote 1

This took all of 2 seconds to look up....

What the heck people.....are you guys really so ridiculous that you can’t  use “google?”

Now you know......now what?

Looks like every area is well represented, and looks like the meeting was well attended.

Can not see any reason to doubt the Region Directors commitment to bettering TN Wrestling....some of the best, and most dedicated coaches and people I’ve found in my 6 years of TN wrestling.

heck, I noticed  Scott was even a non-voting attendee......that means ALL you that have complaints will be involved next time, right?

Better yet....contact your Region Director with your concerns.

Minutes of the TWF Annual Meeting 2017

September 17, 2017 8pm CST

Attendees:

Voting Members

1.Ben Bowers Chairman

2. Derek Harrison Vice Chairman

3. Jerry Teaster East Region Director

4. James Torres South Region Director

5. Nelson Shirley West Region Director

6. Peter Miller Middle South Director

7. David Isbell Middle North Director

8. Doug Badon Woman’s Wrestling Director

9. Junior Hernandez Knox Elite

10. Vic Martin Wolfpack

11. Hagee Tri City

12. Chad Laxton Higher Calling Wrestling

13. Shawn Weller Baylor

14. Longo Bartlett

15. Mark Beckwith Bluff City

16. Brian Bauke West Tenn. Takedown

17. Jeremy Doty Elite

18. Israel Cordero Mid South

19. Brandon Isbell Clarksville

20. Mrs. Isbell Knuckleheads

22. Jeramie Welder WOSBO

23. Denny Butler Spartan

Note:  24: Garrett House Membership Director Submitted his Proxy Votes to Members of the Board.

Non-Voting Attendees:

25. Jake Yost

26. Scott Taylor

27. Matt High Schoolboy National Team Coach

28. Al Miller

29. Shane Chittum

Edited by Twofdr
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, cbg said:

When the list of the Tennessee Wrestling Federation Executive Board is not posted immediately you should know that there is a problem somewhere.  

Or....it could mean that they thought everyone was “sharp” enough to simply google it.....I did it for everyone...above...you’re welcome, guys.

All this Interest in the TWF and USA Wrestling (Freestyle and Greco) is wonderful.  The Ironman at Blackman was an amazing event yesterday, most of the Board Members were there supporting the State of Tennessee and the Wrestlers. They will also be at TWF STATE on May 12th, if anyone wants to come out to meet them. Here are all the web links to help anyone find the information they are looking for to HELP with any questions.

Southeast Regionals Eligibility

https://usawevents.sportngin.com/page/show/1670215-eligibility-membership

Fargo Eligibility

https://usawevents.sportngin.com/page/show/1678013-eligibility

TN USA Wrestling Board and Phone Numbers

https://www.tnusawrestling.com/page/show/993010-about-us

USA Wrestling Staff Members of State Services

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/About-Us/Staff-Directory

If anyone has any questions please contact some one from the USA Wrestling Family. 

To clear up any QUESTIONS about eligibility for Southeast Regions and Fargo, it clearly states that all wrestlers who wish to participate in the events MUST follow STATE Qualifying Procedures. The Board has discussed and voted on these procedures, as follows:

To qualify for both Fargo and Southeast Regions all wrestlers must attend TWF State or receive a wavier to the RULE:

Now to clarify more clearly:

Regionals are a Qualifier for Wrestlers in that Region for Nationals. Wrestlers from OTHER regions it is an OPEN.

Example:

Wrestlers from the Southeast can wrestle in the Northeast Regions, but it is not a qualifier for Nationals for them. Wrestlers must qualify from the State of Tennessee for Southeast Regions through the TWF State Tournament to qualify for Nationals. The Regionals are an open for wrestlers from other regions.

This can be confusing. I hope it helped. Below is a copy of the Eligibility page for Southeast Regions.

ELIGIBILITY/MEligibilembership

The 2017-2018 Membership Year begins September 1st, 2017 and goes through August 31, 2018. 

ATHLETES

All athletes who meet age group requirements, any existing state qualifying procedures and are current members of USA Wrestling are eligible to participate.

Athletes MUST present proof of current USA Wrestling Membership Card (actual card or photo copy) at registration AND weigh-ins. If you do not have a copy of your USA Wrestling Membership Card, please contact your State Membership Director prior to the event. It is mandatory that you provide your USA Wrestling Membership Card Number when participating at all USA Wrestling events in order for your results to be correctly linked to your profile for the U.S. Future Olympian Rankings and the Kids National Team website. USA Wrestling Athlete Membership Cards can be acquired from the State Chairperson or State Membership Director of the contestant`s state of residence or online (click HERE). Secondary sports accident insurance is provided as a benefit of membership.

If you have lost or forgotten your membership number, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].

COACHES 

All coaches that wish to gain access to the competition floor to coach athletes must have a current USA Wrestling Coaches Card. All USA Wrestling Coaches Membership Cards MUST be attained prior to the event, due to mandatory background checking. For a Coaches Membership Card, please click HEREPLEASE ALLOW UP TO 30 DAYS FOR COMPLETION OF USAW COACHES MEMBERSHIP/BACKGROUND CHECK PROCESS.

KIDS REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (Intermediate, Novice & Schoolboy/girl)

PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO WRESTLERS FROM ANY STATE. HOWEVER, ONLY WRESTLERS FROM A SOUTHEAST REGION STATE WILL QUALIFY FOR THE USAW KIDS FREESTYLE & GRECO-ROMAN NATIONALS AT THIS EVENT.

Click here to find out which region your state is in.

***All Intermediate, Novice and Schoolboy/girl wrestlers from Southeast Region States participating in the freestyle and Greco-Roman Southeast Regional tournament qualify for the USAW Kids Freestyle & Greco-Roman Nationals.

CADET & JUNIOR REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS: BOTH DIVISIONS

Open to ALL wrestlers that meet the necessary age requirements. Top four (4) place winners at this event qualify for your state's team above the state limit for the ASICS/Vaughan Junior & Cadet National Championship. Wrestlers qualify in the age group and style in which they place, and they must follow all state procedures in order to enter the Junior & Cadet Nationals. Place winners shall be moved up in order to become an automatic qualifier if a foreign athlete has placed in the top 4 (i.e. 5th place finisher does move to 4th place). 

JUNIOR DIVISION: Athletes shall be considered eligible to compete in Junior Division competitions if he/she is currently attending high school, or participating in a program considered by the State's Department of Education to be fulfilling the athlete's requirements for graduation from an accredited high school program, or if a summer event, attended high school, or participated in a program considered by the State's Department of Education to be fulfilling the athlete's requirements for graduation from an accredited high school program the Spring semester just prior to the summer event. In addition, the athlete has only four consecutive years to compete in the Junior Division once his/her class begins the ninth grade.

Lastly:

The Board welcomes anyone who wants to get involved to join us on a conference call and help us make TENNESSEE better. All calls will be list on CoachT, before every open board call. If you have any questions before then please contact a member of the board, all phone numbers are list on the TNUSAWrestling.com home page.

OR Call Ben Bowers at 574-215-8586.

I will also be at TWF Best of the Best on April 28 or TWF State on May 12, please come out and meet me.

20 hours ago, Twofdr said:
This took all of 2 seconds to look up....

What the heck people.....are you guys really so ridiculous that you can’t  use “google?”

Now you know......now what?

Looks like every area is well represented, and looks like the meeting was well attended.

Can not see any reason to doubt the Region Directors commitment to bettering TN Wrestling....some of the best, and most dedicated coaches and people I’ve found in my 6 years of TN wrestling.

heck, I noticed  Scott was even a non-voting attendee......that means ALL you that have complaints will be involved next time, right?

Better yet....contact your Region Director with your concerns.

Minutes of the TWF Annual Meeting 2017

September 17, 2017 8pm CST

Attendees:

Voting Members

1.Ben Bowers Chairman

2. Derek Harrison Vice Chairman

3. Jerry Teaster East Region Director

4. James Torres South Region Director

5. Nelson Shirley West Region Director

6. Peter Miller Middle South Director

7. David Isbell Middle North Director

8. Doug Badon Woman’s Wrestling Director

9. Junior Hernandez Knox Elite

10. Vic Martin Wolfpack

11. Hagee Tri City

12. Chad Laxton Higher Calling Wrestling

13. Shawn Weller Baylor

14. Longo Bartlett

15. Mark Beckwith Bluff City

16. Brian Bauke West Tenn. Takedown

17. Jeremy Doty Elite

18. Israel Cordero Mid South

19. Brandon Isbell Clarksville

20. Mrs. Isbell Knuckleheads

22. Jeramie Welder WOSBO

23. Denny Butler Spartan

Note:  24: Garrett House Membership Director Submitted his Proxy Votes to Members of the Board.

Non-Voting Attendees:

25. Jake Yost

26. Scott Taylor

27. Matt High Schoolboy National Team Coach

28. Al Miller

29. Shane Chittum

I think everyone can Google.  I noticed that the following has not seemed to be carried out:

• Use PA’s as a blue print for TWF.
  • Scott will add tournament flyers to site if sent to him
  • Camps and clinics can be posted on site.
  • Meeting minutes will be posted on site.

The website is poor. It is not up-to-date. The tournament schedule is a picture of a printout, and poor quality at that. I also read that the site was suppose to use PA's site as a blueprint. Who does the website? Because it certainly has not had the time spent on it that is needed. (Good luck competing with PA, even on the website.) If I were going to use this website to schedule tournaments, I wouldnt give it a second glance, just think to myself, "wanna bes."

If you all want to grow wrestling down here, things need to be stepped up. There seems to be one person who is trying to be in charge and no one seems to want to work with that person. Why is that? If the majority do not like what is happening, vote to change it. Don't let it keep happening. 

I'm just new here. I saw a good tournament at Blackman this past weekend. It started late, but it was good. As an outsider, I can see things that can be improved upon. Mainly communication. Top down and bottom up. There are guys who really want to grow the sport down here, then you have guys who really want to grow their name/position. 

1 hour ago, wesander1980 said:

I think everyone can Google.  I noticed that the following has not seemed to be carried out:

• Use PA’s as a blue print for TWF.
  • Scott will add tournament flyers to site if sent to him
  • Camps and clinics can be posted on site.
  • Meeting minutes will be posted on site.

The website is poor. It is not up-to-date. The tournament schedule is a picture of a printout, and poor quality at that. I also read that the site was suppose to use PA's site as a blueprint. Who does the website? Because it certainly has not had the time spent on it that is needed. (Good luck competing with PA, even on the website.) If I were going to use this website to schedule tournaments, I wouldnt give it a second glance, just think to myself, "wanna bes."

If you all want to grow wrestling down here, things need to be stepped up. There seems to be one person who is trying to be in charge and no one seems to want to work with that person. Why is that? If the majority do not like what is happening, vote to change it. Don't let it keep happening. 

I'm just new here. I saw a good tournament at Blackman this past weekend. It started late, but it was good. As an outsider, I can see things that can be improved upon. Mainly communication. Top down and bottom up. There are guys who really want to grow the sport down here, then you have guys who really want to grow their name/position. 

The only reason that we started late was because we allowed some to register the morning of the tournament.  We could have easily said, "sorry, registration is closed."  But with last minute baseball and soccer cancellations because of weather, those kids wanted to wrestle and we wanted to make sure they got that chance.  Big thanks to John Salter for handling all of that because he had to put together 5 tournaments that changed with each new kid.  If you know John, you know tournaments are always on time.  We drove him crazy but he made sure every kid got in.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CoachBray said:

The only reason that we started late was because we allowed some to register the morning of the tournament.  We could have easily said, "sorry, registration is closed."  But with last minute baseball and soccer cancellations because of weather, those kids wanted to wrestle and we wanted to make sure they got that chance.  Big thanks to John Salter for handling all of that because he had to put together 5 tournaments that changed with each new kid.  If you know John, you know tournaments are always on time.  We drove him crazy but he made sure every kid got in.  

Hey, I was certainly not complaining! It's great to be able to have walkups! Back in the day, you didnt know who you were going to wrestle until the brackets were taped to the wall. It was a great tournament. Right now my family is renting, Im still deciding on where we are going to be permanent. I liked what I saw with Blackman. I liked the style of Blackman's fs/g coach. Seems to be in line with what Im use to from up north, passionate.  Still researching..