Wayne County 2018

wildcat89

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well it's looking like I'm going to be the only one from WC to post this year, maybe the rest will come out of hiding when week one rolls around! I've got to watch a couple practices this week and I'm getting excited, good size up front on both sides of the ball and the backfield is going to be much deeper than I first thought. WC will be a step slower in the run game than years past but will pound and pound, if WC can stay away from the injury bug they will be a tough out come playoff time! WC has another huge class of seniors with around 23 and returning a ton of starters with a few that have started since they were sophomores and one that's started every game since getting to high school so experience won't be a problem. Looking at the total numbers it looks like WC will field 60+ players again this year. Can't wait for week one and get this season started!

15 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Well it's looking like I'm going to be the only one from WC to post this year, maybe the rest will come out of hiding when week one rolls around! I've got to watch a couple practices this week and I'm getting excited, good size up front on both sides of the ball and the backfield is going to be much deeper than I first thought. WC will be a step slower in the run game than years past but will pound and pound, if WC can stay away from the injury bug they will be a tough out come playoff time! WC has another huge class of seniors with around 23 and returning a ton of starters with a few that have started since they were sophomores and one that's started every game since getting to high school so experience won't be a problem. Looking at the total numbers it looks like WC will field 60+ players again this year. Can't wait for week one and get this season started!

If they start winning big, they'll be on here! :D

Sorry Wildcat89. It's just going to be a difficult year for me. I plan on being at most of the games, but haven't had a chance to see anything this year and don't have an insider as I've had the last few years. But I've got you back. I will see you week one if not before. Hopefully, I can make the next scrimmage and jamboree. 

2 hours ago, Rings said:

What about our three way scrimmage today with UC and Waverly? How'd it go?

I didn't get to go but it's always a good test for our boys. Hard to tell much about it as we had several starters out today with minor injuries and a few at church camp, most were starters in the secondary

11 hours ago, Rings said:

What about our three way scrimmage today with UC and Waverly? How'd it go?

This Mustang attended the scrimmage and Wayne Co looked ok. Kinda hard to judge you when you're playing possibly the two best double A teams in the state. Wildcat's line was big and aggressive. Skill position wise you could use a little more speed. Utilized a short passing game effectively. QB didn't seem to have a cannon but was accurate and composed. Looks like in my opinion a solid team. Only negative I see is team speed. Waverly was able to throw over your head but their gonna do that to a lot of folks. Waverly is so impressive. Having nightmares thinking of how my Mustangs can slow the Tigers down on Mustangs Majic Carpet!

On 7/24/2018 at 10:29 PM, wildcat89 said:

Those numbers are very impressive. SP barely has 40 players this season. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

This Mustang attended the scrimmage and Wayne Co looked ok. Kinda hard to judge you when you're playing possibly the two best double A teams in the state. Wildcat's line was big and aggressive. Skill position wise you could use a little more speed. Utilized a short passing game effectively. QB didn't seem to have a cannon but was accurate and composed. Looks like in my opinion a solid team. Only negative I see is team speed. Waverly was able to throw over your head but their gonna do that to a lot of folks. Waverly is so impressive. Having nightmares thinking of how my Mustangs can slow the Tigers down on Mustangs Majic Carpet!

Huntingdon will be just fine again this season.  You boys are a top 5-6 1A team along with Greenback, Whitwell, SP, Lake County, Wayne County, and Cornersville. 

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Thanks for the input, hate I had to miss it. Hopefully WC defense will look a bit better when the starters get back on the field