2018 Knox News All Prep-Xtra Team

sx1234

21 hours ago, KRider123 said:

Trent knight track wrestling profile

The satterfeild win isn’t in there but it was at the first annual KOTH (king of the hill) and it wasn’t on track but7-3 Knight

is that a tournament after the season, before or during the season as I cannot find results from it anywhere or info on that tourney.

So really something that doesn't mean a whole lot?  And i hope people don't take that wrong, but I know quiet a few studs that after the season went to other sports and didn't concentrate on wrestling. I know Javier beat Ty twice since season ends, but that means very little, especially since Ty plays varsity baseball and has been concentrating on that since wrestling ended and not sure if Javier plays any other sports so he might just be able to concentrate on wrestling. Ty wrestled because he is about done completely with it, he signed to play football at UTC so if he wants any wrestling its now before he enters UTC. 

So Knight beating either of those two in a tournament outside of actual season means very little, if you compare their same opponents during the season I still think Trent if he was in AAA comes out at best 3rd if not lower(not sure he beats Hicks).  I am sure it would be a close match but this is based on in season and in season I think Satterfield would have won! A/AA was weak this year at 182, Trent beat the Red Bank kid 3-0 while Satterfield beat him 11-0. Knight beat Olinger-PF 4-3 and 7-5 while Satterfield beat him 6-2.  Trent beat Kalogeros-9-4  and Kalogeros ended up 5th overall in AAA.  The voting was based on during in-season wrestling and I think they got it right, out of season can mean very little to some wrestlers!

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

So really something that doesn't mean a whole lot?  And i hope people don't take that wrong, but I know quiet a few studs that after the season went to other sports and didn't concentrate on wrestling. I know Javier beat Ty twice since season ends, but that means very little, especially since Ty plays varsity baseball and has been concentrating on that since wrestling ended and not sure if Javier plays any other sports so he might just be able to concentrate on wrestling. Ty wrestled because he is about done completely with it, he signed to play football at UTC so if he wants any wrestling its now before he enters UTC. 

So Knight beating either of those two in a tournament outside of actual season means very little, if you compare their same opponents during the season I still think Trent if he was in AAA comes out at best 3rd if not lower(not sure he beats Hicks).  I am sure it would be a close match but this is based on in season and in season I think Satterfield would have won! A/AA was weak this year at 182, Trent beat the Red Bank kid 3-0 while Satterfield beat him 11-0. Knight beat Olinger-PF 4-3 and 7-5 while Satterfield beat him 6-2.  Trent beat Kalogeros-9-4  and Kalogeros ended up 5th overall in AAA.  The voting was based on during in-season wrestling and I think they got it right, out of season can mean very little to some wrestlers!

Ok we get it! You aren’t a knight fan lol me on the other hand am Trent’s #1 fan I have his pictures on my wall lol the kelegros match was 3 practices after knight won a football state championship as the starting left guard and rotating at d-line. The red bank kid was in state tournament and was a big strong kid and gave him too much respect I agreee but then went on to win his second state title in wrestling. 179 must have been just as weak last year as 182 was this year...

1 hour ago, KRider123 said:

Ok we get it! You aren’t a knight fan lol me on the other hand am Trent’s #1 fan I have his pictures on my wall lol the kelegros match was 3 practices after knight won a football state championship as the starting left guard and rotating at d-line. The red bank kid was in state tournament and was a big strong kid and gave him too much respect I agreee but then went on to win his second state title in wrestling. 179 must have been just as weak last year as 182 was this year...

You mean 170 last year and Olinger in the finals 5-2? Yes it was a weak weight class and it sucks that it has to be that way but that's what happens for most weight classes. Only a few A/AA kids could come close to winning a state title if they were in AAA or even D2. Some would have a tough time even placing! Trent would have placed easy last year in AAA I do believe that, not sure if he would have won it but very possible he would have, but this year don't believe he would have when comparing competition. Again out of season comp matters very little, just like you said some of these guys have football they are already concentrating on and some maybe even playing baseball. Again Trent is a great wrestler, but the competition he has faced isn't his fault but also hasn't been near as good or grinding as the others. Good luck to him on the rest of his career!

3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

You mean 170 last year and Olinger in the finals 5-2? Yes it was a weak weight class and it sucks that it has to be that way but that's what happens for most weight classes. Only a few A/AA kids could come close to winning a state title if they were in AAA or even D2. Some would have a tough time even placing! Trent would have placed easy last year in AAA I do believe that, not sure if he would have won it but very possible he would have, but this year don't believe he would have when comparing competition. Again out of season comp matters very little, just like you said some of these guys have football they are already concentrating on and some maybe even playing baseball. Again Trent is a great wrestler, but the competition he has faced isn't his fault but also hasn't been near as good or grinding as the others. Good luck to him on the rest of his career!

Ok have you watched a high school match this year or last? Weak schedules?

fandetti champ 3rd at bradley Bristol brawl champ 2x holiday hammer Cham ok I’m not even going to continue. Thanks for the best wishes...

I think most years A/AA is over represented (not saying this year-but most years) on this team.  If you look at the "Prep-Xtra" area- most of the top A/AA teams in the state are in the PX (Pigeon Forge, Greenville, Alcoa, and now Gibbs).  These kids wrestle each other at state and one of the group becomes state champion and the paper picks that kid as "All-Prep Xtra".  However, the top AAA schools (Heritage, William Blount, Halls, Bearden, HV) usually have a kid that deserves the spot, but is only a state-runner up (sometimes not even that) so he gets 2nd team and people start to argue.  I hate that TSSAA limits the  number of tournaments teams can go to because I would love to see a Prep-Xtra Invitational like they do in track.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KRider123 said:

Ok have you watched a high school match this year or last? Weak schedules?

fandetti champ 3rd at bradley Bristol brawl champ 2x holiday hammer Cham ok I’m not even going to continue. Thanks for the best wishes...

Yes, watched wrestling, coached wrestling, also was a ref before. Fandetti champ yes, beating Olinger which again no offense doesn't show a ton as he was beaten worse by Satterfield. 3rd at Bradley by far his toughest tourney visited. Got beat by Crump 8-6, while Crump went on to beat Salter in ultimate TB 2-1, Salter beat Satterfield 5-4 in state finals. Again as i said he would have a chance in AAA to win it, but his road would be three times as tough to get there!   Either way done fighting with you on this, these teams mean absolutely nothing, what means something is the 2 state titles he has and the chance to go for 3! Good luck to him the rest of his career!

Edited by cobrakid8

On 4/18/2018 at 4:25 PM, JSamson7 said:

Neither could I, I know a Freshman (a very good one) from Pigeon Forge that gave Davis a pretty tough test given the age difference.

Davis Beat Piertarila (sorry for spelling)  3-2 in a season dual meet @ Fulton. Hardin Valley won the team match overwhelmingly though. As far as PF, That was a tech fall win for Davis. PF kid is a tough freshmen and has a great things ahead, but I don't get to argue for my kids enough. Davis had a great season, got to give it to him. Undefeated and was voted best wrestler at the state tourney this season. The Hardin Valley match was his toughest match all season.  

Edited by 99Raider