2018 TWF Best of the Best Duals

HoustonWrestling901

I'm going to make some bold predictions here and say the West wins it, Middle and East i think will be very very close but i'm giving i slight edge to middle , and i about 100% positive that they never have but i think the Chattanooga area finishes last. Now these are predictions without the line ups fellas so don't be getting all tore up. Only reason i put Chattanooga finishing behind all the others is because i think they aren't going to have full participation from there best wrestlers. I know that the top club in Chatt will be down in Georgia that weekend so i don't expect any of there guys wrestling in the Best of The Best but i could be wrong    

Each Region has a Director, that member of the board chooses to coach the team or appoints a coach.  Flyer below, if anyone is interested in being on the team, please call the region director or Ben Bowers 574-215-8586 [email protected]

Best of the Best Duals

April 28, 2018

Hosted by TWF @ Franklin High School

810 Hillsboro Rd, Franklin Tennessee 37064

Schedule:

Weigh-ins – 7:30 A.M. 3 lbs. weight allowance (with singlet)

Wrestling begins – 9:00 A.M.

- Greco-Roman will be wrestled first with freestyle beginning immediately following.

- Order of dual meets will be randomly drawn at the event.

- Two mats running. Plus warm-up / exhibition mat

Weight Classes:

77, 84, 88, 91, 94, 98, 100, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285

Schoolboy, Cadet, and Juniors are all eligible for this event

Participants:

Teams from West (Memphis), Middle (Nashville, Clarksville, etc.), South (Chattanooga, etc.), and East (Knoxville, Kingsport, Johnson City, etc.) regions are represented.  Teams are put together by the region directors for each region.  See the list below and contact our region director if you wish to be on a team.

West: Derek Harrison/Garrett House/Nelson Shirley [email protected]

Middle: Pete Miller [email protected] /Dave Isbell [email protected]

East: Jerry Teaster [email protected]

South: James Torres [email protected]

Other details:

·         Round-robin format between all teams

·         Team trophies awarded for the Freestyle and Greco-Roman tournaments

·         Concessions will be available, no coolers please

·         Cost to be determined by each team’s leadership, contact for information

·         USAW athlete membership is required to participate

20 hours ago, Bump11 said:

When will team rosters be released?

Roster are submitted to the Tournament Director by Wednesday April 25th, 2018 @ 8pm CST. Hopefully the rosters will be published by end of the day Thursday April 26th, 2018 on TRACKWRESTLING.com.

Thank you for your interest in TN USA Wrestling, if there are any questions feel free to call any member of the board or Ben Bowers 574-215-8586 [email protected].