2018 TWF Best of the Best Duals

HoustonWrestling901

The West did well. Very proud of Coach Harrison, Doty, and Co. They've got that area rolling. East looked good as well. Coach Teaster and Co. are working well together and had a ton of fight. Mid was solid as well, but had holes and youth like we did. Nonetheless, a solid event and a good day for TN wrestling. Lots of kids competing and getting better all over the place. 

Mr. Sells...Pertaining to the forfeits, the West and East basically had full lineups with one to two exceptions. Mid had prom that day, so that hurt their numbers (especially as the day progressed) as well as having some area schools competing elsewhere. South...we only had three true holes, 91 lbs, 170 lbs, and 182 lbs. We could have covered 170 lbs, but chose not to bump. We did all that we could to produce a full lineup, but our area was primarily competing elsewhere and/or not interested at all. Of the 22 wrestlers on roster, 21 were our guys...Bradley Central HS, Lake Forest MS, or Pride WC kids. Some could compete and hold their own and some should've been on the exhibition mat only (due to youth and inexperience...LOL!). But, in the spirit of the event and trying to field a semi-full lineup, we did the best we could to at least try to represent our area. Big thanks to Coach Laxton and Soddy for getting Landon Lewis in on the action. All in all, a good day...a long day, but a good day. The officiating was solid. That was a breath of fresh air. Coach Barbie and Co. were great hosts. All in all, as mentioned above, a solid event and good day for TN wrestling. 

Congrats to the West coaches and team!  Obviously, they came to win and put the effort forth to make that possible. 

I wasn't trying to be critical.  I was just a little surprised when I looked up the scores for Middle.  In the last match with West, there were 14 forfeits out of 21 bouts. 

In total, Middle had 63 bouts all day (21 x 3) and out of those, 33 were forfeits.  (more than half according to Track)  The prom thing makes sense and I know that there was an injury or two. 

Good to hear the comments on officiating.  I thought the officials did a good job at the Iron Man a couple of weeks ago as well.

On 4/19/2018 at 0:13 PM, Thethunda190 said:

I'm going to make some bold predictions here and say the West wins it, Middle and East i think will be very very close but i'm giving i slight edge to middle , and i about 100% positive that they never have but i think the Chattanooga area finishes last. Now these are predictions without the line ups fellas so don't be getting all tore up. Only reason i put Chattanooga finishing behind all the others is because i think they aren't going to have full participation from there best wrestlers. I know that the top club in Chatt will be down in Georgia that weekend so i don't expect any of there guys wrestling in the Best of The Best but i could be wrong    

Well called that one. Was very disappointed to see the South didn't have a lot of there better guys but Ben and the rest of the coaching staff did an awesome job at filling the team and used this weekend to get there high school guys some great competition 

8 hours ago, mat73557 said:

Congrats to the West coaches and team!  Obviously, they came to win and put the effort forth to make that possible. 

I wasn't trying to be critical.  I was just a little surprised when I looked up the scores for Middle.  In the last match with West, there were 14 forfeits out of 21 bouts. 

In total, Middle had 63 bouts all day (21 x 3) and out of those, 33 were forfeits.  (more than half according to Track)  The prom thing makes sense and I know that there was an injury or two. 

Good to hear the comments on officiating.  I thought the officials did a good job at the Iron Man a couple of weeks ago as well.

Mr. Sells, 

I didn't take your inquiry as critical. I apologize if my response seemed as if I did. I was just trying to answer your question. Rough weekend for Mid primarily due to prom, in my opinion. Otherwise, w/ full participation, they're a force to be reckoned with. Hope that all is well and looking forward to seeing a Blaze crew at the Keller this weekend. 

On 4/30/2018 at 3:03 PM, PurpleWrestler said:

Its sad that many from the South chose to go elsewhere instead of supporting their area in this. You may have an issue with an individual, but you should have supported your area and the state.

So.......should we be expecting you guys to sign up for the Bradley tournament this weekend any moment?  Got to support the state!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Haha crickets 

Bigger difference of driving 5 hours vs 2 wouldn't you think? I don't expect Chatt or Knoxville to drive to Memphis to wrestler our tournaments, but would think that we could all meet in the middle.

And some from this side are coming. But it doesn't look like you even drew 1/2 or what you should from your own backyard.

As for your childish "cricket" comment, I don't check this board every 5 minutes, I do have other things going on.

Edited by PurpleWrestler