Sumner and Wilson County FBall

41 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Well if it were Gallatin or MJ that took a loss this Friday night it would be brought up or mentioned. And I'm definitely here after a disappointing GHS loss. But Beech loses to Hillsboro, and nothing at all....I can definitely tell half the board is just feening for MJ to take an L

I have no ties to Beech so really no interest. I do with Gallatin, MJ, Lebanon, Hendersonville and Station Camp.

Doesn’t really affect Gallatin at this point.  Beat Beech and you win the region.  Lose and you will finish either 2nd or 3rd.  If Beech beats Gallatin all 3 would finish tied and would be equal head to head. Next tiebreaker would be total number of victories and Beech and Hillsboro  would both have 7 provided Hillsboro wins it’s 1 tough game left with Centennial. In that scenario Hillsboro beats Centennial they would be first, Beech second, and Gallatin third.  Real simple for Gallatin, beat Beech.  

28 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Doesn’t really affect Gallatin at this point.  Beat Beech and you win the region.  Lose and you will finish either 2nd or 3rd.  If Beech beats Gallatin all 3 would finish tied and would be equal head to head. Next tiebreaker would be total number of victories and Beech and Hillsboro  would both have 7 provided Hillsboro wins it’s 1 tough game left with Centennial. In that scenario Hillsboro beats Centennial they would be first, Beech second, and Gallatin third.  Real simple for Gallatin, beat Beech.  

Hasn’t been done in a real long time.  

On 9/29/2018 at 6:37 PM, mondo44 said:

Hillwood shouldn't be taken for granted. They have just enough of a passing game that you need to get at least a two touchdown lead, and then grind it out on the ground.

On 9/26/2018 at 2:14 PM, MtJulietVol said:

We will see how the two teams play down the stretch, but at the moment, I am not expecting Hendersonville to challenge Mt. Juliet any more than Rossview does this week. I think the Golden Bears beat both by 2-3 scores.

You really dont think HHS will be more of a challenge than Rossview?  Come on...thats a stretch

On 9/28/2018 at 10:42 AM, MtJulietVol said:

You can believe that all you want..   Truth is, Mt. Juliet is not going to lose to Hendersonville at home.

You may be right....but another truth.....Mt Juliet can go 11-0 but they still arent getting past 2nd round of playoffs.  Just a tough early draw either way you go for HHS and Mt Juliet

22 hours ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

You may be right....but another truth.....Mt Juliet can go 11-0 but they still arent getting past 2nd round of playoffs.  Just a tough early draw either way you go for HHS and Mt Juliet

I don't think so either. I just don't get calling a team that is likely to have back to back undefeated regular seasons "overrated".  They aren't the best team in the state and I am not claiming they are but let's give credit where it is due. They are a really good football team.

Edited by MtJulietVol