Sumner and Wilson County FBall

3 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

I agree with eers, top notch coach will want his people. WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT LEVEL? GWAVE dont you have college experience, maybe this your chance?  Heard DOS didnt have much interest in actually "watching the game" when at the game. More about being seen. Irked more than a few!

GO JACKETS!

Let me tell ya, I cannot afford the pay cut.  I have too many teachers in the family to know they do not get paid enough.  More or less a coach.  I will just happily watch the game and armchair QB.  

I know several that would apply, but having to keep the staff would be a deal breaker. A lot of top quality people would be interested, but I really don’t see anything happening. I don’t think Becker is really an athletics guy. 

Edited by eers

44 minutes ago, eers said:

I know several that would apply, but having to keep the staff would be a deal breaker. A lot of top quality people would be interested, but I really don’t see anything happening. I don’t think Becker is really an athletics guy. 

Well I know for a fact some who applied last time and they were top quality coaches with state titles.  But I agree, Becker is not an athletics guy.  I do not think all the staff will be back anyway.  

...and then there were two. Beech and MJ continue to the quarters. Neither team is favored, but I wouldn’t count either out. 

To stay with the theme for the last two weeks, I will say Oakland beats MJ on pure athleticism and Beech wins a squeaker on the backbone of coaching. Watched the MJ game on tv (recorded) and they were very impressive, just not sure it’s enough. Tough being 12-0 and the underdog. I never expected anything less from Beech and Hillsboro, as I just don’t believe the other region has been nearly as tested. Two good games this week and either is worth the price of admission. 

Now back to the “who’s going to be fired?” conversation...

11 hours ago, eers said:

...and then there were two. Beech and MJ continue to the quarters. Neither team is favored, but I wouldn’t count either out. 

To stay with the theme for the last two weeks, I will say Oakland beats MJ on pure athleticism and Beech wins a squeaker on the backbone of coaching. Watched the MJ game on tv (recorded) and they were very impressive, just not sure it’s enough. Tough being 12-0 and the underdog. I never expected anything less from Beech and Hillsboro, as I just don’t believe the other region has been nearly as tested. Two good games this week and either is worth the price of admission. 

Now back to the “who’s going to be fired?” conversation...

Natives are very restless

I second your picks.   It is impressive that our region is considered down and yet 2 teams are locking horns in the quarters.  It is even harder to believe Hillwood had Beech on the ropes at one point.  

Mt Juliet had all the motivation going into that game but the real tests begin this week.  Oakland and Maryville are in my opinion heads above the competition.  

• Upvote 1

...and then there was one. Beech has certainly exceeded EVERYONES expectations in what is truly a rebuilding year  

Hats off to MJ, they are obviously better than I gave them credit for throughout the year. They played a very good Oakland team to a close game. Good season and congratulations. 

There are several other programs associated with this thread that need to do some reflecting and self evaluation. No reason Gallatin, Station Camp and Wilson Central can’t win. All three schools have athletes. 

Hope to say it again next week. Go Bucs!