Who ARE THE TOP 6A TEAMS IN MEMPHIS?

Briscoe

22 hours ago, Wilddog said:

All credit needs to go to former East Coach Marcus Wimberly for developing Keveon Mullins into a dynamic receiver! This kid was very raw when he showed up an the campus of East. Wimberly developed him into a beast! I see you guys posting all of these SEC commits on this site, but my question to you guys is, how many of these guys came into Whitehaven's program as freshman? Looks to me that most of these guys are transfers. You guys are all over the city stealing players where coaches at smaller schools took time to do it the right way and develop kids through hard work and then you guys come out of no where and get the kid to transfer their Junior/Senior year. Then to add on, you guys try to claim the success. FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!        

You can look at it 3 ways. It's just like the NBA and aau now a days. Kids dont wanna make there own legacy. They rather play with their friends. Also you have to put the parents in this. You kid is at a smaller school and really isnt getting no looks but you see a school such as whitehaven have college coaches running in and out their doors and you feel like the coaches are do a better job as far as teaching and putting kids out there. I mean Middle TN goes thru it with privates and East TN goes thru it with Maryville&Alcoa. Alabama they say the same thing about Hoover high. Winning programs attract kids. Also on Kwc half he talks about everybody from memphis since the rest of the state doesn't get to see yall that much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Also on Kwc half he talks about everybody from memphis since the rest of the state doesn't get to see yall that much.

I appreciate the above comment FBfan26. I try to rep my city and present it in a positive light whenever an opportunity presents itself. Lord knows, there is more then enough negative stuff out there about the City of Memphis.

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

I've been reading posts by KWC for several years now. He is a stand up poster. I've never read one knock by him on a coach. I haven't always agreed with what he has said but always respected it.

Thanks workinprogress. You didn't have to say that but I appreciate that you did. Its good to know that even though there are people who read what I write and they may not necessarily agree with my POV, they respect the POV just the same. That's all you can ask when having a dialogue.

Edited by kwc

As for the topic it starts with Whitehaven. They are the most consistently good program year in and year out. After that there is always at least one other team that's pretty good and has the athletes to win on any given night. The knock on Memphis football has always been coaching. Now it seems like the area is getting more and more good head coaches to lead assistants and players. This will only make things better and more competitive. Credit Whitehaven for the job they have done but now can they stay ahead of everyone else that is catching up.

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Credit Whitehaven for the job they have done but now can they stay ahead of everyone else that is catching up.

Germantown beat Whitehaven last year during the regular season ... AT Whitehaven. Germantown lost in the 2nd Rounds in the playoffs last year to fellow Region 8-6A opponent, White Station. The HC at Germantown, Chris Smith, I believe, came from somewhere out of Middle Tennessee. That's what I read somewhere, but I don't remember where he was before he got to Germantown. He's been the HC at Germantown since 2015. They broke through last year. In 2015 they went 5-6; in 2016 they went 3-8; however, in 2017 they went 11-1. We will see what they do this year. They have a game against Henry County this year September 28th. They beat Henry County last year in OT. That will be a very telling game. I believe that Germantown will be good again this year. Germantown will be the last regular seasn game on our schedule. This year the game will be played at Germantown.

Memphis Central and White Station both are good football programs. Central has a new coach who is a proven winner in coach Wright, who took Raleigh Egypt to 10-2 in 2016 and 12-1 in 2017. All three of the other Region 8-6A teams have studs (Go here to see studs of the future, Go here to see studs off of last year's teams) as well. Whitehaven may be considered the favorite, on paper, but the other teams in Region 8-6A aren't chopped liver either. We will have to bring out lunch buckets, each and every Friday night, especially in region play.

Edited by kwc

4 hours ago, kwc said:

I appreciate the above comment FBfan26. I try to rep my city and present it in a positive light whenever an opportunity presents itself. Lord knows, there is more then enough negative stuff out there about the City of Memphis.

FWIW, I’ve enjoyed your posts for years also. Quality football and college recruiting information. Positivity is always > negativity and sadly these boards get filled by others with the latter at times...

19 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

FWIW, I’ve enjoyed your posts for years also. Quality football and college recruiting information. Positivity is always > negativity and sadly these boards get filled by others with the latter at times...

Thanks BreadTruck44.

The best 6A team in Memphis is Maryville. The Rebels own the whole state in 6A. That is just my opinion and I am an Oak Ridge (5A) fan. Hate on me for this comment. MHS has nothing to do with it.

I will say this, Memphis produces great kids and players from many great High Schools. Y'all deserve a boat load of respect.

My older brother went to Memphis State (RIP) and my sister went to Southwestern at Memphis . Both schools have changed their names. Kinda of weird. I graduated from both UTK and UTC,  Same name still. RWR. Rock on Memphis.

On 7/8/2018 at 2:53 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

The best 6A team in Memphis is Maryville. The Rebels own the whole state in 6A. That is just my opinion and I am an Oak Ridge (5A) fan. Hate on me for this comment. MHS has nothing to do with it.

I will say this, Memphis produces great kids and players from many great High Schools. Y'all deserve a boat load of respect.

My older brother went to Memphis State (RIP) and my sister went to Southwestern at Memphis . Both schools have changed their names. Kinda of weird. I graduated from both UTK and UTC,  Same name still. RWR. Rock on Memphis.

Willie:

I've always wanted a reason to hate on you!

LOL, j/k. :roflol:

Nevertheless, I understand your POV though. Although, It seems like ... to me, rather, that everyone east of the Tennessee River feels that kind of way about Maryville.

Being on the plus side of the winning percentage when involved in playing in championship games influences the Whitehaven POV imho.

That being stated ... Whitehaven will have it's hands full with Germantown, White Station and Memphis Central in region play and Cordova out of region play during the regular season. Each of those are big games in 6A in Memphis.

Edited by kwc

Hate on me???

LOL, I actually wouldn't blame anybody for hating on me. I know I get carried away and come off like a jerk. To be honest, I really don't know why I posted what I did. My guess is I was bored. 

I do respect the Whitehaven tradition. I have seen you all on TV 2 or 3 times and could tell right away the players were dedicated and talented and coaches were on the ball.

Have a great season!