Post Season

DCURTIS

I know no-one seems to care about the big boys in AAA, but here goes ...

I think in AAA, Station Camp has to be the heavy favorite if healthy.  Houston good as always.

In East TN:  I strongly expect Farragut and Maryville to get through their Regions into substate.  I expect DB to beat West for one spot out of their Region, and the Bearden/Science Hill game should be a good one for other entry, but I say Bearden.   DB has a strong group, has good skill at each level, and hasn't lost a game in the regular season.  Farragut can cause a lot of trouble as they are now getting everyone healthy and have a ton of talent to choose from.  Maryville has strong senior class to work with, and Bearden has surprised a lot of people this year with a fast and tough blue collar team that keeps winning in what was supposed to be an off year.  Should all be fun to see.  I think at a State level if they get through, Farragut and DB especially would be really tough outs.

8 hours ago, fernando9 said:

I know no-one seems to care about the big boys in AAA, but here goes ...

I think in AAA, Station Camp has to be the heavy favorite if healthy.  Houston good as always.

In East TN:  I strongly expect Farragut and Maryville to get through their Regions into substate.  I expect DB to beat West for one spot out of their Region, and the Bearden/Science Hill game should be a good one for other entry, but I say Bearden.   DB has a strong group, has good skill at each level, and hasn't lost a game in the regular season.  Farragut can cause a lot of trouble as they are now getting everyone healthy and have a ton of talent to choose from.  Maryville has strong senior class to work with, and Bearden has surprised a lot of people this year with a fast and tough blue collar team that keeps winning in what was supposed to be an off year.  Should all be fun to see.  I think at a State level if they get through, Farragut and DB especially would be really tough outs.

Great to hear about AAA.  As a Farragut alum I love to hear the Admirals are  looking strong. Would like to hear some info about middle and west AAA.  Good luck to DB and sail on to state Admirals!:)

On 4/30/2018 at 6:51 PM, DCURTIS said:

I guess there is no reason to expect chatter to pick up as we near and begin post season, huh?  It has NEVER been this lacking.

Who ya got from here on out??

Well nothing like post season excitement to pick up the chatter.  Haven't heard from you lately though.  How do you think your boys will stack up against the mighty Spartans from east Nashville?  My oldest sister graduated from Stratford in the late 70's so I will pull for the orange and black.  

14 hours ago, FreePressPatriot said:

Well nothing like post season excitement to pick up the chatter.  Haven't heard from you lately though.  How do you think your boys will stack up against the mighty Spartans from east Nashville?  My oldest sister graduated from Stratford in the late 70's so I will pull for the orange and black.  

The scouting report says they are fast on top with a solid, patient midfield. Haven’t seen them myself, but I will take our mids over any group I have seen in the last four years. Our backs are tough solid and disciplined. We have yet to give up a goal when at full strength this year. If we are focused and aggressive right from the rip... I like our chances. 

13 minutes ago, DCURTIS said:

The scouting report says they are fast on top with a solid, patient midfield. Haven’t seen them myself, but I will take our mids over any group I have seen in the last four years. Our backs are tough solid and disciplined. We have yet to give up a goal when at full strength this year. If we are focused and aggressive right from the rip... I like our chances. 

Were you not at full strength against us?

Nope, Lost one of our starting center backs with about 15 mins left in the first half with a ruptured bursa on a slide tackle at end line...

I guess I was mistaken with my previous statement, Station Camp put two on us in the fist game back for our other CB after torn ACL early in the football season.

Edited by DCURTIS

2 hours ago, DCURTIS said:

Nope, Lost one of our starting center backs with about 15 mins left in the first half with a ruptured bursa on a slide tackle at end line...

I guess I was mistaken with my previous statement, Station Camp put two on us in the fist game back for our other CB after torn ACL early in the football season.

Rare is the team that is full strength at this point of the year.

Hope your center back is better now.  I think you all will make a deep run, even without him.