Post Season

DCURTIS

44 minutes ago, BigG said:

Rare is the team that is full strength at this point of the year.

Hope your center back is better now.  I think you all will make a deep run, even without him.

So true that.  Thanks...he’s back now.  

Best of luck to you guys moving forward.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:49 AM, FreePressPatriot said:

Great to hear about AAA.  As a Farragut alum I love to hear the Admirals are  looking strong. Would like to hear some info about middle and west AAA.  Good luck to DB and sail on to state Admirals!:)

From Region 3-4, I would look for Cookeville and Blackman as the favorites to reach state, with Cleveland right there in the mix. Blackman has stayed healthy for the most part this season, getting their keeper back recently. They went undefeated in D7AAA this year, but the district was the weakest its been in some years. Smyrna and Lavergne who were recently realigned had good seasons in their new district 9. 

From Region 5-6, I would bet on Station Camp emerging to state with any number of other teams possibly earning their ticket. This region is always tough...Franklin, Brentwood, Overton, Hendersonville, and perhaps Smyrna.

Here's my predictions for east TN Div1

The two teams listed are the winners of the semis.

A

R1 Alcoa over Chuckey-doak 

R2 Cumberland Gap over Sweetwater 

R3 CSAS over Signal Mtn

AA

R1 Sevier Co upsets Greeneville 

R2 Knox Catholic over South-Doyle

R3 Loudon over Kingston 

R4 Toss up between Sequoyah, East Ridge, and Howard but l'm going Howard over Sequoyah 

AAA

R1 DB over Bearden 

R2 Farragut over Maryville 

R3 Cleveland over Cookeville 

Just my bias filled and barely educated opinions 

2 minutes ago, FreePressPatriot said:

Is it true?  Did the Spartans upset Whitehouse?  I checked and WH was up 2-1 in the  second half then a 3-2 Stratford final was posted. :shock:

The Spartans win 3-2 in 100 minutes.  White House goes a man down up 2-1 on a second yellow card. Stratford gets the equalizer then scores in the first OT  to seal the win.  Bunch of disappointment up on the ridge tonight.  Gotta give it up to Stratford they were quick and fast and out played the Blue Devils when it mattered most.  

Wow. White House goes down. Does this open the door for a Beech run to sectionals? Obviously Stratford and I’m sure MLK as well, are better than most expected. Who wins this region now? Who’s runner up? And do either get by the Central/Fairview combo?

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

Wow. White House goes down. Does this open the door for a Beech run to sectionals? Obviously Stratford and I’m sure MLK as well, are better than most expected. Who wins this region now? Who’s runner up? And do either get by the Central/Fairview combo?

IMO... there was a huge difference between WH v Beech and WH v Stratford. WH was dominant against Beech but could not finish. That was not the case vs Stratford. Stratford was the dominant squad.  

My prediction is Beech over MLK, Stratford over Beech. Central and Stratford to State easily I believe

2 hours ago, DCURTIS said:

IMO... there was a huge difference between WH v Beech and WH v Stratford. WH was dominant against Beech but could not finish. That was not the case vs Stratford. Stratford was the dominant squad.  

My prediction is Beech over MLK, Stratford over Beech. Central and Stratford to State easily I believe

MLK Up 2-0 at the half. But I agree whoever wins tonight doesn’t get close to Central. Stratford/Fairview would be fun though