Who u got in single A? Go!!!

Not1toFwith

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Softball classes should be based on which schools have teams. Right now baseball, basketball, softball all have the same breakdowns whether there is softball or not. Most schools have it but enough don't to throw it off. The Class A district tournament in Chattanooga metro area had 3 teams.

I glanced at it quickly, looks like at least 20 non-softball schools in basketball classes. Take them out and classify properly and you'd have a stronger Class A. Better yet go to four classes across the board in basketball, softball, and baseball. 

Edited by Indian

40 minutes ago, Indian said:

Softball classes should be based on which schools have teams. Right now baseball, basketball, softball all have the same breakdowns whether there is softball or not. Most schools have it but enough don't to throw it off. The Class A district tournament in Chattanooga metro area had 3 teams.

I glanced at it quickly, looks like at least 20 non-softball schools in basketball classes. Take them out and classify properly and you'd have a stronger Class A. Better yet go to four classes across the board in basketball, softball, and baseball. 

I saw several softball and baseball schools from West TN travel to Memphis and win 15-0 after 3 or 5 innings. Also saw a 24-0 score. Something needs to be changed

Saw Summertown play last year in a tournament. They made a good showing against strong/larger schools. Had a fairly young team from what I remember. They are probably the favorite, but Sale Creek will also be a factor. Very talented team with a deep pitching staff. The Whitwell/Summertown game is the most intriguing first round matchup. Whitwell has played extremely tough non-district/region competition this season, and returns most of their lineup from last season's state tourney team.

Edited by softballdad25

1 hour ago, softballdad25 said:

Saw Summertown play last year in a tournament. They made a good showing against strong/larger schools. Had a fairly young team from what I remember. They are probably the favorite, but Sale Creek will also be a factor. Very talented team with a deep pitching staff. The Whitwell/Summertown game is the most intriguing first round matchup. Whitwell has played extremely tough non-district/region competition this season, and returns most of their lineup from last season's state tourney team.

Ive seen South Fulton and Gibson Co and both play in very weak districts and even weaker region. I figure Summertown and Sale Creek are the favorites

West Tn. Single A softball isn't what it was.  All they did by changing the districts the way they did was make the regions on the western end of the state weaker.  I can't remember ever seeing run ruled teams in 3 innings at the sub-state level.  I hate to take away from my team (South Fulton) but they had a much easier road to the state tournament than  South Fulton ever saw during my daughter's career.  There was always some tough games at the Regional and Sub-state levels.

23 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Ive seen South Fulton and Gibson Co and both play in very weak districts and even weaker region. I figure Summertown and Sale Creek are the favorites

2 hours ago, cwright said:

West Tn. Single A softball isn't what it was.  All they did by changing the districts the way they did was make the regions on the western end of the state weaker.  I can't remember ever seeing run ruled teams in 3 innings at the sub-state level.  I hate to take away from my team (South Fulton) but they had a much easier road to the state tournament than  South Fulton ever saw during my daughter's career.  There was always some tough games at the Regional and Sub-state levels.

No disrespect to SF or GC. My issue is these Memphis schools that have no business playing in a sub state game.