Red Bank football 2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 10:21 AM, tistheseason said:

I wish the kids the best.  But honestly its hard to pull for the Lions after the way they did the last HC.

That's why you need to pull for the Lions.  It's ultimately the kids who put in the hard work, lift all the weights, practice all summer, and play the games. 

• Like 1

Now that it’s official Coach G is moving forward, let’s get a couple of things straight. 

First and foremost, Coach G did NOT do this to himself!  It was done to him!  Fortunately, the chief engineer of the coup had his master plan thwarted by failing to secure the RB head coach position for himself. 

Second,  for the pundits who offered their conjecture as “facts”,  he had not been making applications at any other schools.  Coach G’s plans were to remain at RB until his retirement - a long time from now. 

Third,  his son had not been saying, suggesting nor inferring to anyone his dad wanted to find another position. 

Fourth, anyone who thinks Coach G isn’t a good coach, let’s review some facts.  When he arrived at RB, the seniors who were on his first team in 2014 had played under 2 previous head coaches making him their third HC in 4 years.  The Lions qualified for the playoffs all 4 years he was there.  They won back-to-back Region Championships the last two years 2016 & 2017.  This past season ended on the field in Alcoa, TN in the Semifinal game to the eventual & perineal State Champ.  In her written message to the media, RB’s principal stated Coach Grabowski had NOT violated any legal or policy standards.  Rather, it was her decision to “move in a different direction.”  The people who perpetrated this move totally ignored the wishes of the players and the vast majority of parents.  In fact, the RB athletic director was completely blindsided by the termination of Coach Grabowski.  

For those who think he’s not a good coach, please.  Let’s see your resume so we can compare & contrast. 

Let’s all understand this move by a small group is a total miscarriage of justice.  Wonder how well the Lions will fare under the new regime?  BTW, the new RB  HC was not part & parcel to these events.  I wish him, Chris Brown, well in his first HC position. 

RB’s loss is indeed Copper Basin’s gain!

• 2 weeks later...

I will say I am impressed with the new coach.  I believe the kids have already bought in to his style of coaching.  It appears the success of the past few years should continue under his leadership.  The Lions could have another deep run this year if a couple players step up and the help of a couple new kids to come in to the program. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Red Bank's Calvin Jackson commits to Wofford.  Great kid and student.  Wofford is lucky to get such a special athlete.  He will excel there because of his character and determination.   He is a shining example of Red Bank Football and I am very proud he has this opportunity to represent his family, team, school, and community. 

• Like 2