Webb School of Knoxville coach

Playerscoach

2 hours ago, Booger said:

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Ive heard that alot over the years. Lol Based on your comments this type if behavior by a coach is normal and even acceptable. Maybe at Webb and ND it's par for the course but here in middle TN I have never seen a guy lose his marbles like that. 

It was was crazy to watch and it happened twice.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, BigG said:

1.  Hilarious GIF

2.  I'm not taking that bet

3.  I am sure he can kick it further than 120 feet

4.  Such wisdom from Booger.  Never thought I would say that.

...oh my

Booger just sayin cYtRjte.gif

Edited by Booger

19 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Ive heard that alot over the years. Lol Based on your comments this type if behavior by a coach is normal and even acceptable. Maybe at Webb and ND it's par for the course but here in middle TN I have never seen a guy lose his marbles like that. 

It was was crazy to watch and it happened twice.

not sure if its normal...but its by all means acceptible....and as far as one region losin marbles and another not...

.....wun may not lose marbles wun may not have.....take ole Booger for instance

Booger just sayin 

Edited by Booger

The officiating for the match was truly dismal and seemed to take away from the play for both teams. It is difficult to officiate a fast paced, high school soccer game when you are unable to jog and sprint with consistency. Being 60+ yards away from the play leads to frequent mistakes and poor judgments. Ole Zieg  probably deserved a yellow throughout the game, but the ball did not go 40 yards and did not go on the field. If you haven't seen a coach run up and a down a sideline you haven't watched much soccer.  Plenty examples of truly pitiful and shameful officiating.  If someone has a video this would be a great teaching moment for any official who needs to retire to u8 games so they can remain in the center Circle all game. 

Edited by JurgenKlopp

21 hours ago, JurgenKlopp said:

The officiating for the match was truly dismal and seemed to take away from the play for both teams. It is difficult to officiate a fast paced, high school soccer game when you are unable to jog and sprint with consistency. Being 60+ yards away from the play leads to frequent mistakes and poor judgments. Ole Zieg  probably deserved a yellow throughout the game, but the ball did not go 40 yards and did not go on the field. If you haven't seen a coach run up and a down a sideline you haven't watched much soccer.  Plenty examples of truly pitiful and shameful officiating.  If someone has a video this would be a great teaching moment for any official who needs to retire to u8 games so they can remain in the center Circle all game. 

Yep it was bad. CF overruled AR in some very odd situations. Yes, the coach kicked it 40 yards but since you were there you know it wasn't towards the field. It was crazy. The second time he sprinted behind the bench and threw something then screamed and yelled.

Fella I've seen a ton of high school, college, and travel soccer. Even watched my daughters team win a district championship on that field when she was a sophomore.I've never seen a coach kick the crap out of a ball then minutes later sprint around behind his bench throwing stuff and yelling. Should have gotten a second and tossed. 

Lots of fouls from behind that game by Webb that ONLY resulted in one yellow card given to them. The coach is certainly embarrassed and regrets his actions. Trying to minimize what he did is a bad look for you. Too many people saw it and he apologized for it and even  admitted he should have gotten a red card. Watching him, and his two assistants, scream and yell the entire game was entertaining. Lol

Wish we had the film on NFHS for folks to see. It was funny, childish, and disappointing all wrapped in one.

I'm going to go off topic but I  will say though coach Collier does some similar things  but her teams, unlike this soccer group, tend to be play over the line often. Sheets (since shes an adult now) was the dirtiest player I've ever seen and she was caught on film no less than 4 times intentionally tripping players. She even did it in the state championship game vs FRA where it was seen and mentioned by the commentators (Ron Bargetze).  It's kinda what folks expect from her teams.  Crazy happenings at Webb for sure. Take the blinders off because your opponents see it and laugh at it.

In the middle of a competition, coaches can do things that are uncharacteristic of their normal behavior, even from their normal game behavior, especially in elimination games.  I do not know Coach Ziegler well, but I am sure this is not the norm that the school or his parents are used to seeing.  

as ole Booger preps Boogers body & soul for a Sunday journey to tythe and beg for repentance......a moment of "why truly author a thread on T with a title and direct intentions to throttle a soccer coach ".....thinkin 2014 was the last time a soccer thread was directly authored and titled to single out a coach and thinkin in honor of BigG hirin to the helm at CPA

.....now.... noin Coach Zeig a tad bit and havin a discussion with a cool old man and a HoF soccer coach yesterday.....which actually happens to b won of them proper well mannered coaches from middle TN and a friend of Coach Zeigs...sorry G, could resist throwin that one in...

..the discussion of this thread came up and the humorous chuckles that came with it because of the DCA Alum/Supporter and authors attempt to throttle Zeigs name in an over-dramatization of Zeigs game time antics this past Tuesday when Knox Webb once again put an end to DCA's season....this HoF coach from middle TN brought to our attention sumthin of interest and probable reasonin why the author is hatin on Zeig so bad

...as the HoF middle TN coach said... DCA ant won a game gainst Webb since Coach Zeig were appointed HC at Webb in 2014 or 15.....thats 7 straight games DCA has lost to Webb.....with a total score of 30 -2 in Webbs flavor over DCA...with one of those games Coach Zeig and Webb closed out the match gainst DCA 10-0......Webb has ended DCAs season 2 or 3x, claimed a couple district trophys from DCA and Coach Zeig and his Webbsters have 2 Gold Balls in that time frame....Booger thinkin Booger remember those stats rite

....were coach Zeigs sideline antics really SURREAL or were it sunthin else

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

21 hours ago, Booger said:

as ole Booger preps Boogers body & soul for a Sunday journey to tythe and beg for repentance......a moment of "why truly author a thread on T with a title and direct intentions to throttle a soccer coach ".....thinkin 2014 was the last time a soccer thread was directly authored and titled to single out a coach and thinkin in honor of BigG hirin to the helm at CPA

.....now.... noin Coach Zeig a tad bit and havin a discussion with a cool old man and a HoF soccer coach yesterday.....which actually happens to b won of them proper well mannered coaches from middle TN and a friend of Coach Zeigs...sorry G, could resist throwin that one in...

..the discussion of this thread came up and the humorous chuckles that came with it because of the DCA Alum/Supporter and authors attempt to throttle Zeigs name in an over-dramatization of Zeigs game time antics this past Tuesday when Knox Webb once again put an end to DCA's season....this HoF coach from middle TN brought to our attention sumthin of interest and probable reasonin why the author is hatin on Zeig so bad

...as the HoF middle TN coach said... DCA ant won a game gainst Webb since Coach Zeig were appointed HC at Webb in 2014 or 15.....thats 7 straight games DCA has lost to Webb.....with a total score of 30 -2 in Webbs flavor over DCA...with one of those games Coach Zeig and Webb closed out the match gainst DCA 10-0......Webb has ended DCAs season 2 or 3x, claimed a couple district trophys from DCA and Coach Zeig and his Webbsters have 2 Gold Balls in that time frame....Booger thinkin Booger remember those stats rite

....were coach Zeigs sideline antics really SURREAL or were it sunthin else

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Well Boog I'm not familiar with any of those wins/losses except this past game. I've never had a child play boys high school soccer so my opportunity to see Zeig in action was this single game. All I know is what I saw and it was ridiculously childish and did not paint him, or his school, in the best light. Hope that ends this odd deflection angle for you? 

It was in fact surreal. I've seen plenty of sideine antics across just about every team sport out there for 40 years and this was a two time enraged tantrum that I haven't witnessed before. Now, as usual, you try and dismiss any comment I make by using wins/losses, scores, or some other odd stance with regularity so I generally, like most, ignore you. However this one, since you've kept this thread rolling along, deserved to be mentioned. I know Zeig apologized to DCAs coach for his actions but honestly it was so bizarre the T needed a laugh over it. I will add though that maybe Big G , if that's who you spoke with, should ask Matt Smith how rediculous Zeigs actions were? Right? I mean, G knows Matt well and Matt is well respected in the area by coaches in both the boys and girls programs. As an even keeled, former missionary, and college soccer coach, Matt is a pretty good judge of what a coach should and shouldn't do don't you think? Also, G can speak to me directly like we did the night of his semifinal win against BGA , and my good friend coach Rob Mitchell. Chatting with a D2 coach Thursday night at D1 he laughed and wasn't surprised at Zeigs actions. Maybe G should probably leave the assumptions and theories for you to quip about here on the T so you can further your "T cred." Lol

Boog have you ever thought that sometimes you should just let things be? I mean, the attempt to minimize the idiocy portrayed by a leader of young men would cause most adults to pause, then move along. You don't help yourself by bumping this thread and continually putting it at the top of this page. No doubt Zeig acted poorly and should his AD have an ounce of school pride I'm sure your friend Zeig received a talking to. You can keep commitmenting and I'll keep shooting down your "theories" if you'd like but maybe you'll mature, stop defending the indefensible, and just move on? It's not in your nature to close your pie hole but we can always hope. Fingers crossed. Just sayin. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

Well Boog I'm not familiar with any of those wins/losses except this past game. I've never had a child play boys high school soccer so my opportunity to see Zeig in action was this single game. All I know is what I saw and it was ridiculously childish and did not paint him, or his school, in the best light. Hope that ends this odd deflection angle for you? 

It was in fact surreal. I've seen plenty of sideine antics across just about every team sport out there for 40 years and this was a two time enraged tantrum that I haven't witnessed before. Now, as usual, you try and dismiss any comment I make by using wins/losses, scores, or some other odd stance with regularity so I generally, like most, ignore you. However this one, since you've kept this thread rolling along, deserved to be mentioned. I know Zeig apologized to DCAs coach for his actions but honestly it was so bizarre the T needed a laugh over it. I will add though that maybe Big G , if that's who you spoke with, should ask Matt Smith how rediculous Zeigs actions were? Right? I mean, G knows Matt well and Matt is well respected in the area by coaches in both the boys and girls programs. As an even keeled, former missionary, and college soccer coach, Matt is a pretty good judge of what a coach should and shouldn't do don't you think? Also, G can speak to me directly like we did the night of his semifinal win against BGA , and my good friend coach Rob Mitchell. Chatting with a D2 coach Thursday night at D1 he laughed and wasn't surprised at Zeigs actions. Maybe G should probably leave the assumptions and theories for you to quip about here on the T so you can further your "T cred." Lol

Boog have you ever thought that sometimes you should just let things be? I mean, the attempt to minimize the idiocy portrayed by a leader of young men would cause most adults to pause, then move along. You don't help yourself by bumping this thread and continually putting it at the top of this page. No doubt Zeig acted poorly and should his AD have an ounce of school pride I'm sure your friend Zeig received a talking to. You can keep commitmenting and I'll keep shooting down your "theories" if you'd like but maybe you'll mature, stop defending the indefensible, and just move on? It's not in your nature to close your pie hole but we can always hope. Fingers crossed. Just sayin. 

Don't bring me into this.... I didn't talk to Boogs.