1A State Tournament

orngnblk

8 minutes ago, bd4vols said:

Having seen almost every team on the list, I will say that the Riverdale bracket is the toughest and Loretto has an easier road to the finals.  I am biased towards Gordonsville, but am going to try and be objective, then I'll make an overall pick.

I will be surprised, unless they get complacent, if Loretto isn't back in the finals in the Middle TN Christian Bracket.  TCA appears to be the team that will test Loretto the most.  I don't think South Pitt will match up well with TCA, and USJC isn't ready for Weathers.  A lot of folks talk about Weathers, but Loretto has more than one good arm.  Loretto swings the bats better than last year.

On the Riverdale side, this bracket is as balanced as I've seen one.  I think Columbia Acad has been playing as well as any team there lately would and probably be the favorite.  Gordonsville is here for the third year in a row, has a veteran team, and isn't afraid of the big game.  They will be a tough out and has a deep pitching staff.  They are team that constantly gets counted out, and finds a way to win.  In the last 3 years, Gordonsville is 14-2 in elimination games.  Greenback and Union city will be a tough one.  I haven't seen Union City, but it appears their schedule is weaker than the rest. Still, no losses to in state teams is impressive.  Greenback has played a tough schedule and beaten some good teams.  They are scrappy, throw it and field it well, and have speed. 

I think in the end, CA beats Gordonsville in the second elimination game to face Loretto in the finals, and Loretto makes it back to back baseball championships as Weathers takes up the Atlanta Braves 1st round draft pick offer and goes pro.

Ranking the Pools:

1.  Loretto, 2. TCA, 3. South Pitt, 4. Univ School JC

1.  Columbia Acad, 2. Gordonsville, 3. Greenback, 4. Union City

I think you nailed the MTC bracket, but you could conceivably have the Riverdale bracket in reverse order. To give you credit, the Loretto, TCA, SP, USJC side looks to be cut and dried (which probably means it's not), and the other is much more subjective. Union City has played a relatively "easy" schedule, with a few very tough teams sprinkled in. Gives them the luxury of managing the pitching rotation to accommodate, but they still won them all (in state). The other three are hard for me to figure, being from the west. I'll take your knowledge of the other three as accurate, but "on paper" they could be in any order.

17 minutes ago, bd4vols said:

Having seen almost every team on the list, I will say that the Riverdale bracket is the toughest and Loretto has an easier road to the finals.  I am biased towards Gordonsville, but am going to try and be objective, then I'll make an overall pick.

I will be surprised, unless they get complacent, if Loretto isn't back in the finals in the Middle TN Christian Bracket.  TCA appears to be the team that will test Loretto the most.  I don't think South Pitt will match up well with TCA, and USJC isn't ready for Weathers.  A lot of folks talk about Weathers, but Loretto has more than one good arm.  Loretto swings the bats better than last year.

On the Riverdale side, this bracket is as balanced as I've seen one.  I think Columbia Acad has been playing as well as any team there lately would and probably be the favorite.  Gordonsville is here for the third year in a row, has a veteran team, and isn't afraid of the big game.  They will be a tough out and has a deep pitching staff.  They are team that constantly gets counted out, and finds a way to win.  In the last 3 years, Gordonsville is 14-2 in elimination games.  Greenback and Union city will be a tough one.  I haven't seen Union City, but it appears their schedule is weaker than the rest. Still, no losses to in state teams is impressive.  Greenback has played a tough schedule and beaten some good teams.  They are scrappy, throw it and field it well, and have speed. 

I think in the end, CA beats Gordonsville in the second elimination game to face Loretto in the finals, and Loretto makes it back to back baseball championships as Weathers takes up the Atlanta Braves 1st round draft pick offer and goes pro.

Ranking the Pools:

I have to ask. What is your bias towards Gordonsville?

4 hours ago, bd4vols said:

Ranking the Pools:

Your thinking on S Pitt was wrong . Pirates win 5-3

Well it looks like they got the brackets right this year in the drawing Loretto being on one side and Union City on the other should make a great finals.if either one don't make it it will be a great upset Union City is loaded and Loretto's pitching is outstanding.

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well it looks like they got the brackets right this year in the drawing Loretto being on one side and Union City on the other should make a great finals.if either one don't make it it will be a great upset Union City is loaded and Loretto's pitching is outstanding.

Complete and utter meltdown for Greenback in this game! Never in a million years would expect to see that again. We had so many defensive errors to match 1/2 a season of errors maybe more. 2-0 after 4 innings & then some kind of curse came over them. When our outfielder went down attempting catch and didn’t get back up allowing the bases to clear we found ourselves in a 6-0 whole that sent the team in a tailspin. At that point it was just save our pitchers and get through the game & live to play another day. But good grief that was the ugliest game of baseball I’ve ever seen a GB team play! If they are made out of what I think they are and are mentally able to completely put that game behind them & just laugh about it & the real GB shows up with their bats the tables will turn. 

14 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Complete and utter meltdown for Greenback in this game! Never in a million years would expect to see that again. We had so many defensive errors to match 1/2 a season of errors maybe more. 2-0 after 4 innings & then some kind of curse came over them. When our outfielder went down attempting catch and didn’t get back up allowing the bases to clear we found ourselves in a 6-0 whole that sent the team in a tailspin. At that point it was just save our pitchers and get through the game & live to play another day. But good grief that was the ugliest game of baseball I’ve ever seen a GB team play! If they are made out of what I think they are and are mentally able to completely put that game behind them & just laugh about it & the real GB shows up with their bats the tables will turn. 

Is Edwards ok?