5A -- R1 vs R2

blazer1set

Is this going to be pretty much the same as last year, where R1 goes 0-4 in the playoffs against R2?

5A R1
Cherokee, Cocke County, Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Morristown East, Tennessee High, Volunteer

5A R2
Carter, Gibbs, Knox Central, Knox Halls, Sevier County, Seymour, South Doyle

5A R1/R2 regular season games
Aug 17 Seymour @ David Crockett
Aug 17 Tennessee High @ Knox Central
Aug 24 Cocke County @ Carter
Aug 24 South Doyle @ Cherokee
Sep 7 Gibbs @ David Crockett
Sep 7 Seymour @ Cherokee
Sep 21 Gibbs @ Morristown East

I would look for Tenn High to be the top team in R1, so the opening game (Aug 17 Tennessee High @ Knox Central) will probably tell us all we need to know about how these regions match up....   Just as a very early and somewhat uninformed guess, I would say Central by 20+

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, undercoverplayer said:

Tennessee highs success depends on if their Off. coordinator stops trying to make his family members on the team the stars. They have many good athletes that are underused because of politics. The coaching at THS is honestly sorry. 

I don't know anything specifically about the Vikes, but what you are saying seems to happen at a lot of schools.    Programs like Maryville have seemed to find a way around it so that they can produce consistently winning programs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 5:19 PM, blazer1set said:

I would look for Tenn High to be the top team in R1, so the opening game (Aug 17 Tennessee High @ Knox Central) will probably tell us all we need to know about how these regions match up....   Just as a very early and somewhat uninformed guess, I would say Central by 20+

That game probably will tell a lot.I also never count out ME before a season starts.Guess I always think of that first state title they won years ago.