GREENBACK CHEROKEES 2018

cherokean

Guess it's safe to talk a little football now, since baseball is over sadly...

FIRST, CONGRATS TO THE BASEBALL PLAYERS AND COACHES ON AN EXCELLENT SEASON, WE WILL BE BACK TO GET'EM NEXT YEAR...

Back to the pigskin...will this fall be as advertised...Iike many, I sure hope so. A fourth consecutive trip to the "SHIP" would put Greenback into a prestigious group of only 8 other schools to achieve the same/or more [Maryville, Alcoa, Trousdale Co., Riverdale, Brentwood Academy, MBA, Ensworth & Bishop Byrne]. It would also be the very first time any school that has ever competed in Class A/1A to accomplish this achievement.

LET'S GET IT STARTED!!!

Edited by cherokean

5 hours ago, cherokean said:

Guess it's safe to talk a little football now, since baseball is over sadly...

FIRST, CONGRATS TO THE BASEBALL PLAYERS AND COACHES ON AN EXCELLENT SEASON, WE WILL BE BACK TO GET'EM NEXT YEAR...

Back to the pigskin...will this fall be as advertised...Iike many, I sure hope so. A fourth consecutive trip to the "SHIP" would put Greenback into a prestigious group of only 8 other schools to achieve the same/or more [Maryville, Alcoa, Trousdale Co., Riverdale, Brentwood Academy, MBA, Ensworth & Bishop Byrne]. It would also be the very first time any school that has ever competed in Class A/1A to accomplish this achievement.

LET'S GET IT STARTED!!!

My spring synopsis since we didn't have spring practice.

Loudon will be competitive again since they got their coach back he knows how to coach those Loudon teams up.

CAK will be better you can guarantee that I expect them to be much better ball game than last year.

The King's Academy if they would have kept their coach I think it might have been a pretty good ball game but since he's gone and what they graduated I really think we should have them handled pretty easily also.

Grace Christian in Knoxville will be a barn burner the only good thing is it will be at Cooper field instead of Karns, that team seems to be our Kryptonite hopefully this year we can get over the hump with him.

The rest in all honesty we should have the game wrapped up by half-time until we get to the semis with South Pittsburg. After 2 years of beating them in the playoffs believe me coach Grider will have them really ready to play that game and it will be a slobber knocker!

Now of course for all this to happen we have to stay healthy and play within ourselves and not get the big head which this team really seems to not have that issue they're pretty humble Bunch that play really hard every Friday night and just love to win ball games.

Edited by orngnblk

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

My spring synopsis since we didn't have spring practice.

Loudon will be competitive again since they got their coach back he knows how to coach those Loudon teams up.

CAK will be better you can guarantee that I expect them to be much better ball game than last year.

The King's Academy if they would have kept their coach I think it might have been a pretty good ball game but since he's gone and what they graduated I really think we should have them handled pretty easily also.

Grace Christian in Knoxville will be a barn burner the only good thing is it will be at Cooper field instead of Karns, that team seems to be our Kryptonite hopefully this year we can get over the hump with him.

The rest in all honesty we should have the game wrapped up by half-time until we get to the semis with South Pittsburg. After 2 years of beating them in the playoffs believe me coach Grider will have them really ready to play that game and it will be a slobber knocker!

Now of course for all this to happen we have to stay healthy and play within ourselves and not get the big head which this team really seems to not have that issue they're pretty humble Bunch that play really hard every Friday night and just love to win ball games.

Good synopsis.  SP should have a solid team since we have 6-7 starters back on each side, but Greenback has even more. I think SP has the best chance of giving Greenback the best game in 2018, but they are a beast and it would be difficult to pull the upset. If we make it to that game we will give it our best, but let’s be practical what we would be up against.  SP also must play Whitwell twice which is easily in the top 3 teams in the east. They are senior loaded, just not as senior loaded as Greenback. SP I believe again has another very small senior class with 5 seniors. 

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Whitwell and Greenback scrimmage this fall will be a good one. Two top 5 teams in the state going at it. Tigers will get a good measuring stick right off the bat. 

Greenback will be THE measuring stuck for Whitwell!LOL!!Just having fun,should be a good one for sure.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback will be THE measuring stuck for Whitwell!LOL!!Just having fun,should be a good one for sure.

That's what i was saying. Tigers will see how far they got to go to compete. GB is the favorite hands down in 1A. I know the coaches like the outlook of the team. They feel they will be better on both sides of the ball in 18. Had a good physical scrimmage vs Tyner in the spring missing about 8 kids in baseball, Coaches feel depth in some spots will be better than it was last year. Offense should be able to put up some points and Defense has a chance to be really good. Look forward to it. No doubt GB is the measuring stick. 

The Friday following the Whitwell scrimmage, we'll be at home scrimmaging G-P.  Think there's a 7 on 7 with Meigs Co. at home, the week after the dead period also. And of course more than likely participate in the Maryville College 7 on 7 as always. 

Edited by cherokean