White House Football Hall of Fame

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches make sacrifices?  Hours during the weekends doing laundry, exchanging film, breaking down film, organizing a game plan, putting together a game plan.  Hours during the week teaching classes, planning practices, mowing, painting and setting up the field (home games), setting up transportation for travel (away games), organizing pregame and postgame meals with the booster club (if the school has a booster club).  I guess spending those countless hours away from home and neglecting your own wives and children aren't "that great of a sacrifice" at the end of the day.  

Nope Howdoitknow sacrifice is giving up those three hours a day Monday through Friday of playing Fortnite (not sure of spelling).

I find it interesting that WH is a pretty well known football program in the state and the casual fan or even fans of other teams have a hard time naming anyone other than Ladd. Not saying others weren't good because there were others to list but I think it says more about the coaching and program as a whole.

Just my opinion ill leave it alone and let the thread die.

5 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Nope Howdoitknow sacrifice is giving up those three hours a day Monday through Friday of playing Fortnite (not sure of spelling).

I find it interesting that WH is a pretty well known football program in the state and the casual fan or even fans of other teams have a hard time naming anyone other than Ladd. Not saying others weren't good because there were others to list but I think it says more about the coaching and program as a whole.

Just my opinion ill leave it alone and let the thread die.

Dorris was a monster at RB when he was there.  Gaines was a beast up front also.

When referring to sacrifice I am speaking of the body. For the coaches this is their job and although they don’t get paid much, it is their job and the one they signed up for. For the athletes who put their body’s on the line for maybe a scholarship to the esteemed university of TSU. I am simply trying to focus on the student atheletes. Porter deserves all of the respect in the world. He’s a great delegator. 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, Tennessee75 said:

Here’s my first ballet based on stats and best record

1. John Finch/TroxGreenwade/Kyle Levering QB

2. Ricky Ladd/Phillip Harris/ Shane Dorris/ Demarquis Payne RB

3. Cody Harmon/ Trent Mcewen/ Matt Parker WR

4. Rogers Gaines/ Cory&Cody Sullins OL

5. Adam Wiss/ Josh Loloup LB/DE

6. Demarquis Payne/ Matt Parker/ Chad Broadrick DB

Don't waste your time getting into a Porter debate with them lol he's apparently a football god according to the people on here.  Anyways, if we're going by stats, you can add Kevin Jackson and Taylor Wood to the LB list and throw Grant Wicker on the RB list.  All three super tough and put up really good numbers.  

On 6/13/2018 at 5:46 PM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

What about the rb that came after Harris in the late 80's, Taylor? I thought he was very good. 

On 6/13/2018 at 5:46 PM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

What about the rb that came after Harris in the late 80's, Taylor? I thought he was very good. 

James Taylor followed Philip Harris in the late 80’s; absolute studs. Rob Cook was an excellent all around player of the late 80’s. Mark Lamberth, a former blue devil coach, is someone I’d add. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The basketball team at White House a couple years ago started their hall of fame.  It consisted of 3 players and one coach in the entire history of White House basketball.  Hall of fames to me are the best of the best. Obviously first ballot hall of famers need to be the best of the best so i doubt id put 2-3 of each positions in at the same time.... My first ballot hall members...

Coach Jeff Porter

1. Ricky Ladd (RB)

2. Rogers Gaines (OL)

3. Jon Finch (QB)

4. Trent McEwen (WR)

5. Kevin Jackson/Adam Wiss tie (LB)

6. Matt Parker (safety)

7. Chad Broadrick (CB)

8. Josh LOLoup (DE)

9. Cody Sullins (OL)

10. Cory Sullins (OL)