Donovan Stewart’s Division II-AA Spring Top 6

Booger

Agree or Not-2-Agree?...

One thing Booger thinkin Donovan was able to get right in his Spring 6...#1.....The Bowie Readin & Learnin Clinic outta Memphis has to be the favorite kands up to repeat in this new division and 3 times in a row.....Alcoa couldnt handle that group.....after that, Booger thinkin its a scrap for the other place at the big dance tween 2 teams in the middle and 2 teams in the east......cause the TSSAA's best tandem school program ant got nobody in the west division that can even make warm-up competition for them ...again

....in the east the Irish will have to survive the passin onslaught of the Baptists up at Grace Knox...and those reptile handlers r better than any 5th place spring pickin......in the middle, only the Presbyterians of Christian Academy and the Battle Ground will scrappin that one out...

,,,,,,the one good thing bout this year for the east #1 is they play middle #2 instead if middle #1 in the semis for a trip to cookville... it will b #1 outta the middle that gets its season halted by Luzianne in the semis

...sure ant got no problem makin another trip up the plattoe to take on the Bowie Readin & Learnin Clinic again....or is that The Power Academy

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Booger said:

Agree or Not-2-Agree?...

One thing Booger thinkin Donovan was able to get right in his Spring 6...#1.....The Bowie Readin & Learnin Clinic outta Memphis has to be the favorite kands up to repeat in this new division and 3 times in a row.....Alcoa couldnt handle that group.....after that, Booger thinkin its a scrap for the other place at the big dance tween 2 teams in the middle and 2 teams in the east......cause the TSSAA's best tandem school program ant got nobody in the west division that can even make warm-up competition for them ...again

....in the east the Irish will have to survive the passin onslaught of the Baptists up at Grace Knox...and those reptile handlers r better than any 5th place spring pickin......in the middle, only the Presbyterians of Christian Academy and the Battle Ground will scrappin that one out...

,,,,,,the one good thing bout this year for the east #1 is they play middle #2 instead if middle #1 in the semis for a trip to cookville... it will b #1 outta the middle that gets its season halted by Luzianne in the semis

...sure ant got no problem makin another trip up the plattoe to take on the Bowie Readin & Learnin Clinic again....or is that The Power Academy

Booger, this year will be the culmination of many years in the making.  I don’t see it ending on a poorly furnished visitor’s sideline in west Tennessee.  I think we see an east / middle rematch from last year the hard way this year...

On 5/30/2018 at 5:13 PM, BreadTruck44 said:

Booger, this year will be the culmination of many years in the making.  I don’t see it ending on a poorly furnished visitor’s sideline in west Tennessee.  I think we see an east / middle rematch from last year the hard way this year...

Booger hopin Breadtruck is rite...u thinkin Luzianne likes makin sidleine visits difficult for its visitors....remmber if u wernt there....we dont make no visitor much more confortable on our sideline

....and u right bout it bein the hard way....cause if you number uno over there..u gonna b linin up gainst luzianne before u see us or Baptist of Karns

Edited by Booger

In my opinion, Luzianne as referred to by Boog, will be the team to beat again.  Just about everyone concedes this point, but I don't know if they will be as strong as last year.  Sure all world RB, tall athletic QB, a couple of fast good receivers, but the OL overall may not be like last year.  May not make any difference with Gray in the backfield, but losing Boddie will hurt too.  Now they have a couple of really good OL, but I'm talking overall unit strength.  Defensively they will be solid especially in the defensive backfield.  Pretty good LB, but a loss at DL especially the interior.  Corteze Love, remember him Boog? is gone, but there is another very athletic end which is pretty good too.  Luzianne's DL was so good they didn't have to blitz much to get pressure on the QB so they could play the run and pass quite well.  Will there be any "new" players to arrive this year? I don't know but if history serves, then yes.

Don't know much about the other schools other than BGA will definitely miss their big time QB and those really good receivers.  maybe they have good replacements, IDK. 

CPA should be good too.

14 hours ago, Booger said:

Booger hopin Breadtruck is rite...u thinkin Luzianne likes makin sidleine visits difficult for its visitors....remmber if u wernt there....we dont make no visitor much more confortable on our sideline

....and u right aboput it bein the hard way....cause if you number uno over there..u gonna b linin up gainst luzianne before u see us or Baptist of Karns

I thought your sidelines were fine last year. Old school concrete on one side. Not many schools can match the history of yours.  I spent a lot of Saturdays on top of Monteagle in a similar environment, and I still appreciate things from a different time period. 

From the middle, I’m intrigued by what FRA may bring to the table this year.  They have at least two guys that can play anywhere at the next level. 

Edited by BreadTruck44

On 5/31/2018 at 3:34 PM, chainsaw2 said:

In my opinion, Luzianne as referred to by Boog, will be the team to beat again.  Just about everyone concedes this point, but I don't know if they will be as strong as last year.  Sure all world RB, tall athletic QB, a couple of fast good receivers, but the OL overall may not be like last year.  May not make any difference with Gray in the backfield, but losing Boddie will hurt too.  Now they have a couple of really good OL, but I'm talking overall unit strength.  Defensively they will be solid especially in the defensive backfield.  Pretty good LB, but a loss at DL especially the interior.  Corteze Love, remember him Boog? is gone, but there is another very athletic end which is pretty good too.  Luzianne's DL was so good they didn't have to blitz much to get pressure on the QB so they could play the run and pass quite well.  Will there be any "new" players to arrive this year? I don't know but if history serves, then yes.

Don't know much about the other schools other than BGA will definitely miss their big time QB and those really good receivers.  maybe they have good replacements, IDK. 

CPA should be good too.

yes Booger not only members Cortney...Booger members both Loves.....were they brothers or was one of them the others nephew....thinkin they were inline for a stay at home package deal to Memphis....Booger also members Grey, crawford, edwards, and one of the other 300 lb DLs.....

......one thing for sure....when CPA and Luzianne line up; and assumin its the Presbyterians and not BGA.... they gonna be 2 of the states top recruits on the field opposin each other......be fun to see how one of the states top backs, Grey, bounces round the Presbyterians defense and there All world state top rated LB matches up...

.....sure would like to line up and play that co-opin school again

Edited by Booger

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, reaction said:

I think we had more come out for soccer than football last year. 

...word is there were twice as many on your pitch than there r out for gridiron practice.....scoop says not good times for Buc football........Reaction better release sum of his players to the FB tream r they gonna be a no go on its 2018 competitions.....Booger hopin the North Levee Swamp Bugs get it turned around and fired back up...

....congrats on the appointment by the way

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

On 6/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, Booger said:

yes Booger not only members Cortney...Booger members both Loves.....were they brothers or was one of them the others nephew....thinkin they were inline for a stay at home package deal to Memphis....Booger also members Grey, crawford, edwards, and one of the other 300 lb DLs.....

......one thing for sure....when CPA and Luzianne line up; and assumin its the Presbyterians and not BGA.... they gonna be 2 of the states top recruits on the field opposin each other......be fun to see how one of the states top backs, Grey, bounces round the Presbyterians defense and there All world state top rated LB matches up...

.....sure would like to line up and play that co-opin school again

Booger,

We all know that team > individuals in football, but I was curious as to how our D2 AA teams looked recruiting-wise. I went through the 247 recruiting lists and added up stars for each team. The results were actually skewed more to middle TN than I thought they would be.  Now, if we were looking at all teams, Whitehaven would be on top by a landslide...  Unbelievable talent on this year’s team.

Grace and St. George’s each has 1 player ranked 2 stars

Norte Dame and Goodpasture each has 1 player ranked at 3 stars

FRA has 2 players for a total of 7 stars

BGA has 3 players for a total of 8 stars

Lausanne has 4 players for a total of 10 stars

CPA has 5 players for a total of 15 stars

CPA is for sure loaded......as they were loaded when they arrived at Vermont Ave last year to see the Irish......that didnt help them when that fat lady sang the Jags single wing.....as so were the Irish loaded and only a sole loss to the kaki wearin army of Baylor when we ran into the Co-oper's of Luzianne in the Gold Ball contest.....and that didnt help us when the fat woman sang either...we only thought we were loaded

.....understandin fully that this is a different year and nothin to do with the last......CPA is for sure a handsome ballteam and can have a value of 30 stars on them players....it ant gonna matter when they line up gainst the T$$AA's most beastly co-opin program outta Memphis

.....not even sure ND even has a 3 star

...Booger just sayin :mrgreen: 

6 hours ago, Booger said:

CPA is for sure loaded......as they were loaded when they arrived at Vermont Ave last year to see the Irish......that didnt help them when that fat lady sang the Jags single wing.....as so were the Irish loaded and only a sole loss to the kaki wearin army of Baylor when we ran into the Co-oper's of Luzianne in the Gold Ball contest.....and that didnt help us when the fat woman sang either...we only thought we were loaded

.....understandin fully that this is a different year and nothin to do with the last......CPA is for sure a handsome ballteam and can have a value of 30 stars on them players....it ant gonna matter when they line up gainst the T$$AA's most beastly co-opin program outta Memphis

.....not even sure ND even has a 3 star

...Booger just sayin :mrgreen: 

I would never take anything away from ND’s win last year. All teams have to play through unfortunate circumstances, but sadly CPA was not fully loaded when they arrived at Vermont Ave.  The same unfortunate circumstance meant CPA was without their clean-up hitter in baseball all this year... 

I believe we might get to see a rematch this year, and we know what has to happen in order for that to take place. If it happens, I hope CPA can give ND a better game than last year. I know all those juniors from last year still remember the sting of that loss. I walked into the room of one of them last week and noticed last year’s scouting report on ND stapled to his wall with some notes scrawled on it. 

Now if Lausanne were to beat Whitehaven again this year, the gold ball should be shipped out right away and all of us mortals should stop dreaming.  Whitehaven is loaded like a Memphis basketball team!  I saw the Lausanne transfer committed to Vandy this week. He seems like a great young man with the right attitude and priorities about getting a quality education as a student athlete. 

And you know your Mr. Football finalist is a special 3 star player...