Warren County 2018

PIONEERS12

I believe they will be improved looks like they ave a larger group of Sr.s this year and I can't help but think that time and experience is going to help. Hard to say how much better, but a good indicator is the spring conditioning attitude.  If they have any excitement or enthusiasm it will go along way in starting the season strong.  They have seemed to have a defeatist attitude the last 2 years. I hope, however they have a great year and give the school and county something to cheer about.

Edited by Blaze45

8 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

If the Administration has not changed, then it will be about the same.  Even Bear Bryant could not overcome no support the Coaches get there.

It is a shame also as they could have a very competitive program there. 

That may well be, but the the parents should demand better. I hate it for them if that is the case.

• 2 months later...

How about this.   We have 2 high schools.  Let highway 55 set your school zone.  Existing county schools would only go through the 5th grades.  Now you would have 2 middle schools that would have football programs that feeds the 2 high schools.  Now every student would have the opportunity to play in the middle schools starting in the 6th grade. 

This plan would give us a possible 2 3A schools or even a 3A and a 2A.  Now with this plan we could compete!!!  Just Sayin

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Footballlover23 said:

How about this.   We have 2 high schools.  Let highway 55 set your school zone.  Existing county schools would only go through the 5th grades.  Now you would have 2 middle schools that would have football programs that feeds the 2 high schools.  Now every student would have the opportunity to play in the middle schools starting in the 6th grade. 

This plan would give us a possible 2 3A schools or even a 3A and a 2A.  Now with this plan we could compete!!!  Just Sayin

Great idea.

15 hours ago, Footballlover23 said:

the county is not going to fund another high school and middle school for the purpose of changing football districts. That's foolish thinking.

If the school system is serious about improving athletics they will need to bite the bullet.  If the county and the people are serious about this they can insist we make a move.  People of Warren Co. need to quit bitching and make a real commitment for the future our athletic programs.  I know it will be hard but not impossible.  I assure everybody it can be done and not as expensive as you think.  I love WC athletics.

5 minutes ago, Footballlover23 said:

If the school system is serious about improving athletics they will need to bite the bullet.  If the county and the people are serious about this they can insist we make a move.  People of Warren Co. need to quit bitching and make a real commitment for the future our athletic programs.  I know it will be hard but not impossible.  I assure everybody it can be done and not as expensive as you think.  I love WC athletics.

If Warren County was serious about football they wouldn't need a second school

8 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

If Warren County was serious about football they wouldn't need a second school

Well said.  The key to a good program is not shrink it until you can win, but rather grow it.  Pay your coaches, invest in facilities. (Like a stadium with real bleachers on the visiting side) Give the kids some support and something to be excited about. I believe the players you do have want to win as much as any others, but what does the community attitude say about the team. Kids are smart enough to understand that. I would bet you have some talented players walking the halls that will not play simply because the defeatist attitude the community has about the team. We are gonna get beat so why play???? I hope it turns around for the kids they deserve better that that