Warren County 2018

PIONEERS12

On 8/17/2018 at 3:38 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Then play the girls that can bench whatever!

Rutherford County does NOT start with players that can do any of what you are talking about.  In Rutherford County the coach DEVELOPES the talent they are given.  My son was a prime example.  He started being able to barely lift 100 pounds.  4 years later he lifted OVER 1600 pounds between three lifts and was benching 400+.

Y'all do have the talent walking the halls.  You just need Coaches that will actually get off their collective butts and out in the halls talking to them.  The first thing the Coach needs to tell them and MEAN it is you will play if you are the most talented for the position and actually show up for practice and not play because your Daddy wants it!

37 minutes ago, Footballlover23 said:

Ok ok I exaggerated the stats a little but let's be real about D 1 athletes.  Rutherford Co is furtile ground for D1 players.  In WC we have none and I could not tell you the last one we had.

Not whining just the facts.

No arguments there. Its always gonna be hard to compete if they are in that same region with Oakland, Blackman, Riverdale, Cookeville, Siegel etc.

But still they should be able to beat Dekalb County.

Just not sure what you are talking about the daddy thing.  WC dresses about 30 players and it is all hands on deck.  We have had some good hard working coaches Ray Barnes who worked with Bill Parcells and Boots Donnely to name a few.  Frank Fisher was one of the hardest working people I have ever known.  Present coach Moore has a championship pedigree.  I have watched the Rutherford Co programs since Central was split to Oakland & Riverdale.  I commend your son for working hard, I believe that kids can get better with hard work, nutrition, and conditioning,  I have a grandson that is a great kid.  I don't care how much weight he lifts, sprints he runs with a parachute tied to him or if he has the diet of Tom Brady he will never run a 5.0 40, dunk a basketball, or throw a fastball at 98mph. Genetics my friend genetics.

I CAN TELL YOU FOR SURE THAT ALL MEN ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL.

I agree.   Here is the rub.  You ask any mother of a young son in WC if they would like their son playing football.  They will say right quick they don't want their boy hurt (CTE) by a RCS team.  So because they are on the schedule it hurts our participation.

We should compete or beat DeKalb, Coffee, and White every year period.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, Footballlover23 said:

Ok ok I exaggerated the stats a little but let's be real about D 1 athletes.  Rutherford Co is furtile ground for D1 players.  In WC we have none and I could not tell you the last one we had.

Not whining just the facts.

Have a better place to live and people will come. What is in McMinnville to draw people in to live there? Small town mentality is fine for friendly living, but small town mentality when it comes to commerce and economy tends to keep people away. Those...are the facts. 

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB