Warren County 2018

PIONEERS12

I am really trying to understand how some of the finest coaches and best facilities in the state would allow us to match up with some of the Rutherford Co beasts.  There are some players walking the halls but not near enough to match up with the D1 players WC will face nearly every Friday night.  A great deal of the people in WC are retired or have moved here to retire.  They don't have school age children, maybe grandchildren.  The football talent level is low and the only way to bring it up is to import players.  Our kids are great kids but very few can bench 350lbs or run a 4.2 40.  You can't compete on this level with just 2 or 3 players that can preform on that level. 

I am sorry

6 hours ago, Footballlover23 said:

I am really trying to understand how some of the finest coaches and best facilities in the state would allow us to match up with some of the Rutherford Co beasts.  There are some players walking the halls but not near enough to match up with the D1 players WC will face nearly every Friday night.  A great deal of the people in WC are retired or have moved here to retire.  They don't have school age children, maybe grandchildren.  The football talent level is low and the only way to bring it up is to import players.  Our kids are great kids but very few can bench 350lbs or run a 4.2 40.  You can't compete on this level with just 2 or 3 players that can preform on that level. 

I am sorry

By classification you have the number of students enrolled in your school to compete in this district. So how do you take great coaches and great facilities and develop the populus? First it starts with the coaches and school developing a weight training program. Nearly every school in Rutherford County has weight lifting as part of their curriculum with the players. At least 1 class a day as the elective they are going to weight lifting and getting stronger, followed by their 2-3 hour practice. Secondly the coaches will take average kid and coach them up and the 2 or 3 walking the hall and make them great!. These great facilities make that much easier and more effective. The retired folks moving in with no kids would only effect the situatio if they based classification off of population, (but they don't) if the number of kids enrolled began to drop. In the latter case, your school too would drop in classification. If the investment was made in coaches, facilities as discussed how well would you be able to compete at the lower levels? My guess if you could compete with 6A you would do very well in 5A and 4A. 

11 minutes ago, WCfan84 said:

If you don't like our visitors bleachers, you should see Dekalb County's bleachers.

Smyrna, LaVergne is not much better... My point was people invest in what is important to them. Look at your calendar, your bank account, and you will see that where you spend your time and your money in most cases is what is considered a priority. Kids are smart enough to know and coaches are darn sure smart enough to figure that out. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, Footballlover23 said:

I am sorry

Then play the girls that can bench whatever!

Rutherford County does NOT start with players that can do any of what you are talking about.  In Rutherford County the coach DEVELOPES the talent they are given.  My son was a prime example.  He started being able to barely lift 100 pounds.  4 years later he lifted OVER 1600 pounds between three lifts and was benching 400+.

Y'all do have the talent walking the halls.  You just need Coaches that will actually get off their collective butts and out in the halls talking to them.  The first thing the Coach needs to tell them and MEAN it is you will play if you are the most talented for the position and actually show up for practice and not play because your Daddy wants it!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 11:30 PM, Footballlover23 said:

I am sorry

Not very many 4.2 40, 350 lb. benchers walking planet earth;)

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB

Edited by FYB
forgot tag line