Portland to request 4 classes

Indian

Would someone just UPS (please don't use the United States Postal Service or it may never arrive)Portland High School a championship trophy.  We no longer have helicopter parents in Tennessee we now have lawnmower parents.  They just mow down all obstacles in the way so that the kids have a very easy way to success.  It's no wonder the kids today are SOFT!  The adults have made them soft.

• Upvote 1

I am ok with having two classifications like  there always has been in those sports with the old A/AA & AAA.  I think that they should split each sport individually and not lump all 4 of them together to do it.  If a school doesn't have a sport it is the small schools usually, so the small school division is so much smaller  than  the large school division.  I looked on line to see how many schools participate in each division for each of these sports.

Cross Country --> small school - 111, large school - 157

Track and Field --> small school - 113, large school - 158

Tennis --> small school - 68, large school - 150

Golf --> small school - 108, large school - 147

last i checked, that is not "divided evenly". There are 161 schools listed in each division but so many of the small schools don't participate in all of these sports but by participating in one of these sports they were thrown in together.  

So, like I said earlier, let's really divide evenly (even into 3 divisions) by the number of actual schools that participate in each sport individually.  That would mean there should be 134 schools in each division in Cross Country, 136/135 schools in each division in Track, 109 schools in each division in Tennis and 128/127 schools in each division in Golf.  Could easily do this after the 2018-2019 school year.  Already having to look at things because of all the private schools going into division II and all public schools going into division I.  

• 2 weeks later...