NCS

thenextone

On 6/13/2018 at 9:53 PM, NCSdad23 said:

Montgomery left a year ago. He walked away from coaching altogether. He and Brothers high school buddies/teammates had it out during school. Montgomery resigned on the spot mid week just before the end of the 2016 school year. In part because nothing was being done for the kids as well as a luandry list of other coaching differences. Brothers took over this past year as the OC. Absolutely horrible  predictable play calling. Zero adjustments after halftime. Crosby left 2 years ago and so went the weight program. New DC this past year absolutely clueless on the field and even worse in the weight room. 

Brothers loves being thought of as this wonderful coach and mentor. He's well read and does deliver good pregame speaches but he will not lift a finger for the kids that layed it down for him. This is all spot on. Nothing more true has ever been said on the T.

Not to defend anyone but make sure your facts are correct. Phillip Montgomery did not leave at the end of the 2016 season. He finished at the end of this past season after they were eliminated by FCS in the semis. 

20 hours ago, tngrappler said:

Not to defend anyone but make sure your facts are correct. Phillip Montgomery did not leave at the end of the 2016 season. He finished at the end of this past season after they were eliminated by FCS in the semis. 

Obviously you did not attend a Nashville Christian football game last year. This my friend is "fake news." Montgomery was not on the coaching staff for the 17-18 season. The situation is and was as I said it was, 100 percent. 

2 hours ago, NCSdad23 said:

Obviously you did not attend a Nashville Christian football game last year. This my friend is "fake news." Montgomery was not on the coaching staff for the 17-18 season. The situation is and was as I said it was, 100 percent. 

Then I guess the man I saw run up to the locker room at halftime with a whiteboard in his hands must of been someone else. I'm glad you can tell me exactly what I saw

On 6/13/2018 at 9:53 PM, NCSdad23 said:

Montgomery left a year ago. He walked away from coaching altogether. He and Brothers high school buddies/teammates had it out during school. Montgomery resigned on the spot mid week just before the end of the 2016 school year. In part because nothing was being done for the kids as well as a luandry list of other coaching differences. Brothers took over this past year as the OC. Absolutely horrible  predictable play calling. Zero adjustments after halftime. Crosby left 2 years ago and so went the weight program. New DC this past year absolutely clueless on the field and even worse in the weight room. 

Brothers loves being thought of as this wonderful coach and mentor. He's well read and does deliver good pregame speaches but he will not lift a finger for the kids that layed it down for him. This is all spot on. Nothing more true has ever been said on the T.

Also to your point about Montgomery walking from coaching altogether, I am pretty sure he is helping Coach Whittemore at FRA but then again, I am the one who is "Fake News."

5 hours ago, tngrappler said:

Also to your point about Montgomery walking from coaching altogether, I am pretty sure he is helping Coach Whittemore at FRA but then again, I am the one who is "Fake News."

You definitely did not see Philip Montgomery last year on the sidelines for Nashville Christian. It's ok to be wrong. I've been wrong before to. You can ask my ex wife! Haha 

Seriously, it was not Coach Montgomery. He did not step in the sidelines for NCS Last year. Jeff was the offensive coordinator and coach Shaw was the defensive coordinator for NCS last year. I should know, my son was on the team. 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:02 AM, NCSdad23 said:

It's just hard for some to hear the truth. 

NCS admin and board have handed the keys to Brothers. With them he's running off players and coaches. Folks he ran off his best friend Philip Montgomery.

Another fact: Philip Montgomery is the best football coach to ever coach at NCS.

Also a fact: This year's team will look more like a 9/10 year old HYSA youth soccer team than an NCS football team from recent years and there is nothing in the pipeline.

Why? Because there is no Philip Montgomery or John Crosby. 

BUT, there is a Jeff Brothers! 

I played under Coach Montgomery at NCS. Best coach I ever had in any sport my entire life. Brothers is an embarrassment to football. That's just how it is. 

2 hours ago, MrMan1721 said:

I played under Coach Montgomery at NCS. Best coach I ever had in any sport my entire life. Brothers is an embarrassment to football. That's just how it is. 

Coach Brothers must be doing something right because they won a state championship and I hear that NCS has gotten a bunch of transfers in for later this year and next year.  I am not saying the man is without fault, but, I would think that he is doing something right to be able to lift the program up and keep it there for this many years.  NCS was a traditional average to below average program for decades.  Sometimes coach's are a victim of their own success and Brothers has had success.

13 minutes ago, orangecrush said:

Coach Brothers must be doing something right because they won a state championship and I hear that NCS has gotten a bunch of transfers in for later this year and next year.  I am not saying the man is without fault, but, I would think that he is doing something right to be able to lift the program up and keep it there for this many years.  NCS was a traditional average to below average program for decades.  Sometimes coach's are a victim of their own success and Brothers has had success.

What's coming in isn't what was. Brother's success was built on the backs of John Crosby and Philip Montgomery and 7 maybe 8 d1 players that Montgomery brought in to play 1A. Believe what you want fellas. Good luck to all of your teams this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want to hear from the Brothers apologists now after two weeks of terrible coaching. They guy has run off everyone in the program that had NCS as one of the top programs in single A ball. Everyone. Brothers is a losing HC without Montgomery on his sidelines. Look up his record at JPII and look at the start they are off too. 

I hate to break it to those backing Brothers but NCS will get smoked next week against Fayette Academy too. Book that

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 9:55 AM, OrangeEagle said:

I want to hear from the Brothers apologists now after two weeks of terrible coaching. They guy has run off everyone in the program that had NCS as one of the top programs in single A ball. Everyone. Brothers is a losing HC without Montgomery on his sidelines. Look up his record at JPII and look at the start they are off too. 

I hate to break it to those backing Brothers but NCS will get smoked next week against Fayette Academy too. Book that

Crickets.  The truth is hard to dispute.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

Brothers is a losing HC without Montgomery on his staff. He has a record of 28-41 without Coach Montgomery. His offensive schemes are $#!+. He found a way to lose 4 games a year with his all time favorite player Golden Tate. Let that sink in. Fire that bum

Agree with you.  That’s why you hear crickets on here, because you speak the undeniable truth.