Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Recommended Posts

On 8/5/2018 at 12:14 AM, wildcat89 said:

Wow! Thought I'd come over to the D2 board to check on my old friends and can't believe what I'm reading! NCS used to be one of the tightest group of coaches/players/parents in high school football, what has happened? Seems like making the jump to D2 is taking its toll on the eagles, not as much fun playing on their own level instead of tiny 1A schools with several sec caliber players year in and year out. Not on here to bash, was just hoping to chat with carguy and ncsdad a little, good luck and hope y'all get this straightened out.

Edited by bigb31072

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It takes a special kind of ego maniac to blame 16 and 17 year old kids for being the reason he did not win "another" state championship. I told him last year why he was losing friends and players, but he has not looked in the mirror.  People, the run of success at this place is over. If you have an athlete do not entrust him to this poor excuse for a coach. Public schools are a better option. Public schools are also a better option for student environment. The school has admitted known drug users who were kicked out of other schools. There is no financial risk to the school because the parents are still on the hook for tuition when their kid gets kicked out. There is absolutely nothing "Christian" about the place. It is a business, and a poorly ran business at that. Btw, Im not a disgruntled parent over playing time. My son started for over two years and won a state title because of the PLAYERS and some good coaching by Coach Crosby and Montgomery. Im saying these things because I know  the truth. He is a poor coach, isnt liked, and runs people away.  

Edited by carguy59
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, carguy59 said:

It takes a special kind of ego maniac to blame 16 and 17 year old kids for being the reason he did not win "another" state championship. I told him last year why he was losing friends and players, but he has not looked in the mirror.  People, the run of success at this place is over. If you have an athlete do not entrust him to this poor excuse for a coach. Public schools are a better option. Public schools are also a better option for student environment. The school has admitted known drug users who were kicked out of other schools. There is no financial risk to the school because the parents are still on the hook for tuition when their kid gets kicked out. There is absolutely nothing "Christian" about the place. It is a business, and a poorly ran business at that. Btw, Im not a disgruntled parent over playing time. My son started for over two years and won a state title because of the PLAYERS and some good coaching by Coach Crosby and Montgomery. Im saying these things because I know  the truth. He is a poor coach, isnt liked, and runs people away.  

It's funny how a guy like Brothers wants to take all the credit for what success NCS had years ago but he is blaming the players and in particular the senior class??? The senior class didn't make the call to put his all state safety in the box when a team had to go 80 yards with 1:52 left on the clock. 

The bottom line is this, Jeff Brothers thinks he knows what it takes to run an elite program. Montgomery came from BA and brought that mindset to NCS. Everything about the offense has been terrible this season. Take away the stats against a terrible Zion team and NCS has the worst offense in D2. He ran off both RBs, played a WR/ CB over Devon Clark who has played extremely well by the way and has a terrible middle school program. AND here is the kicker, this clown is so arrogant, he did away with the youth program that brought in all of the talent that helped them win state. What a joke. Run like heck from this place

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, he thought he needed to bring a school down from MO to thump his behind, which will happen in an overwhelming way on Saturday. I guess he thinks he is BA playing out of state schools. That team is a much bigger, better team, and they think they are coming down here to play somebody. It doesnt get any better next week with DA. Two beatdowns in a row. The game Im most interested in is Clarksville Academy. I want to see Crosby kick his butt like Montgomery did.  Rumour is a group of seniors are possibly gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lioninwait said:

Wait, was it not Ben Martin that put this program on the map as AD and football coach?

that is what he tells spring hill

My son's first year at the school was 2013. I never heard of Ben Martin. There was no competitive program before Phillip Montgomery arrived, and there wont be another after his leaving.

Edited by carguy59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carguy59 said:

My son's first year at the school was 2013. I never heard of Ben Martin. There was no competitive program before Phillip Montgomery arrived, and there wont be another after his leaving.

Ben martin left after my senior year in 2011 which was brothers first year

Edited by thenextone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brought a team from MO under the dillusion that they were coming here to play someone. 35 - 7!!! Wow! Get ready for another beatdown next week Brothers!  How are those seniors from last year looking now?  Maybe the school will wake up and realize they are paying a man for what those players and coaches from the past achieved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I have struck a nerve!  Coaches do read this stuff, no matter what they say. My son, who played and graduated last year, went to the game today, and stood for a while with some of his buddies still playing this year on the sidelines. There were two other players from years past standing on the sideline as well. All of a sudden, Coach Anderson, who my son has always liked, came up to him and told him to get off the field. The other players from years past were allowed to stay. Its not too hard to figure out what went on. Brothers had someone else do his dirty work for him.

Some of you who are new to the thread may be wondering why I have it out for the coach. The reasons are many, but the most recent reason is that he scolded a few players last week and told them that he will not have another group of seniors quit on him like last year and lose another state championship. There were no kids that quit on him. He is the reason for every close game we lost. Up by a score and going for it on fourth down on your own end of the field???? 

My son went down in the 4th quarter against Wayne Co. his junior year tore his labrum to shreds, and cracked the ball in his shoulder. Had surgery, came back and gave all he had his senior year at LB. He came of the field at Friendship (semi final game) totally exhausted and emotionally spent. This arrogant, pompous you know what has the nerve to talk about my son and his team mates that way? Oh yeah! I got it in for you coach, and I wont stop until I tell as many as I can about the lousy coach you are!

Oh, btw, I dont think you will have the chance of losing a state championship this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, carguy59 said:

I guess I have struck a nerve!  Coaches do read this stuff, no matter what they say. My son, who played and graduated last year, went to the game today, and stood for a while with some of his buddies still playing this year on the sidelines. There were two other players from years past standing on the sideline as well. All of a sudden, Coach Anderson, who my son has always liked, came up to him and told him to get off the field. The other players from years past were allowed to stay. Its not too hard to figure out what went on. Brothers had someone else do his dirty work for him.

Some of you who are new to the thread may be wondering why I have it out for the coach. The reasons are many, but the most recent reason is that he scolded a few players last week and told them that he will not have another group of seniors quit on him like last year and lose another state championship. There were no kids that quit on him. He is the reason for every close game we lost. Up by a score and going for it on fourth down on your own end of the field???? 

My son went down in the 4th quarter against Wayne Co. his junior year tore his labrum to shreds, and cracked the ball in his shoulder. Had surgery, came back and gave all he had his senior year at LB. He came of the field at Friendship (semi final game) totally exhausted and emotionally spent. This arrogant, pompous you know what has the nerve to talk about my son and his team mates that way? Oh yeah! I got it in for you coach, and I wont stop until I tell as many as I can about the lousy coach you are!

Oh, btw, I dont think you will have the chance of losing a state championship this year.

So Coach Anderson, actually told a former Eagle to get off the field? Every since we have been at NCS, former players were always allowed back and full access to the program. So now that adversity has hit, Brothers and the staff want to show their true colors??? Those players did not quit on that those coaches. Brothers quit on those kids after 2015. He hasn't done a thing to get better or help those kids that wanted to play at the next level do so. Has anyone stopped to look at what his record is since John Crosby left NCS? It's either 500 or below. He is below 500 without Phillip Montgomery on his staff for his career. Think about that. That guy will never get another head coaching job anywhere else. That football program has become a freaking joke. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coincidence that after his top two assistants leave , everything crumbles? I think not. Ask anyone in the know who did all the work during that run they had, and I guarantee you the answer would not be the head coach. Both of those assistants that left are 5-2 right now to his 2-5. Is that a coincidence? Seems to me sometimes you should be grateful for good help, but some people clearly aren't and run the good ones off. That's a sinking ship that I strongly suggest anyone involved jump off of as soon as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, django said:

Coincidence that after his top two assistants leave , everything crumbles? I think not. Ask anyone in the know who did all the work during that run they had, and I guarantee you the answer would not be the head coach. Both of those assistants that left are 5-2 right now to his 2-5. Is that a coincidence? Seems to me sometimes you should be grateful for good help, but some people clearly aren't and run the good ones off. That's a sinking ship that I strongly suggest anyone involved jump off of as soon as possible. 

Being surrounded by good people and then running them off, and losing friends in doing so, is nothing more than ego.  Those coaches ARE the ones who quit on Brothers, and for good reason.  Furthermore, if I were to give him the benefit of the doubt and agree that players quit on him, that would be an even bigger indictment on him as a coach.  Coaches get fired all the time for not being able to get players to play for them.  His real problem now, besides not being a good coach, is that he can no longer get good players to come to the school.  That left when Montgomery left.  I'm just wondering when he will wake up and realize it. There is little reason to play for him now, I can assure you that. Anyone playing 100 percent is doing so out of personal pride and for team, not for Brothers.  Remember Denzel in "Remember The Titans" asking the player if football was fun, and the player replied "Zero fun?"  That is NCS football right now.  ZERO FUN!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×