Done with Damon floyd

I've always said that high school sports would be so much better if there was a one hundred yard buffer zone between the kids and parents at all times of practice and competition.  The kids know who should be on the field, just like the coaches do.  

And that comes from a parent who had a son who played three sports.  

Edited by HTV

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe your son should transfer to Cleveland.  Had a friend tell me that they had lost several kids to other sports, had some transfer out and had lost several assistant coaches.  Also said their roster numbers were way down.  Probably a good chance for playing time there.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, TheAmbassador said:

People creating problems like this on coachT need to be removed. The best players should play regardless of where they are from or what grade they are in. 

..and it most's always seems to b those practically brand spankin new T Campers that gets on here and does it.....South Kimbrells almighty one

Booger just sayin giphy.gif

Edited by Booger

On 6/14/2018 at 8:37 PM, BCMan said:

What do you have? Tell us all about it. Sounds to me like some new kids showed up and you know they are more talented than your son. Kids don't earn playing time just because they go hard. Fair or not the best. most talented players will play bottom line. Sure it is great for your best players to work hard but it doesn't always work that way. Show me a coach that plays kids on Friday nights just because they go hard and I will show you a coach that doesn't win many ball games. 

I disagree with you on some of what you said. Just prior to last season Gary Rankin kicked a Mr. Football award winner off his team from the previous season.  He is the winningest coach in TSSAA history.  I played in Milan under Tucker and Morris. If you didn’t come to practice, make the grades and act right in school you didn’t play. Didn’t matter how much talent you have.  Those two gentleman have 4 gold balls, 5 silver balls and 600+ wins between them. Today I am a “coach” in another “sport”. I have had groups win national competitions 8 times and dozens of awards on the state and local levels. My students know if they don’t practice like expected and make good grades and act right they won’t “play”. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DonDraper said:

Maybe your son should transfer to Cleveland.  Had a friend tell me that they had lost several kids to other sports, had some transfer out and had lost several assistant coaches.  Also said their roster numbers were way down.  Probably a good chance for playing time there.

I agree the best player should play but only if they are coming to practice, keeping good grades and acting appropriately in school. Playing sports in school is a privilege not a right just cause you are one of the best athletes. 

26 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree the best player should play but only if they are coming to practice, keeping good grades and acting appropriately in school. Playing sports in school is a privilege not a right just cause you are one of the best athletes. 

True dat

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I disagree with you on some of what you said. Just prior to last season Gary Rankin kicked a Mr. Football award winner off his team from the previous season.  He is the winningest coach in TSSAA history.  I played in Milan under Tucker and Morris. If you didn’t come to practice, make the grades and act right in school you didn’t play. Didn’t matter how much talent you have.  Those two gentleman have 4 gold balls, 5 silver balls and 600+ wins between them. Today I am a “coach” in another “sport”. I have had groups win national competitions 8 times and dozens of awards on the state and local levels. My students know if they don’t practice like expected and make good grades and act right they won’t “play”. 

was said BPM...thats why teams not programs that have short term big success end up right back where they were prior to that success.....coaches arnt willin to make those tuff decision with those players.....and bam......its back to losin and waitin on that 10 year window where they have that one good season again

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 11:39 AM, DonDraper said:

Does this mean the rumor of Cummings wanting to leave Cleveland is true because of low roster #'s, loosing players to other schools, past coaches at Cleveland getting run off because they can't produce championships like Benny did and not being able to to beat BC. If he is coming back to Knoxville could it be at the West Knoxville school right down the road from his old school that has a new principal and a head football coach with a loosing record and can't keep assistant coaches.

On 7/7/2018 at 11:39 AM, DonDraper said:

On 6/14/2018 at 8:29 PM, justheretocauseproblems said:

I’m about to expose him for the liar he is. I know Tssaa would love to hear what’s really going on at BC. I’m tired of seeing these dang Cleveland kids and now WV kids?! My son has don’t nothing but go hard for BC and he’s never been given a chance. I got some good info though! 

Were you one of the daddies on the sideline of the Maryville/BC game last year that got kicked out?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are very wise, Purple One, very wise indeed