2018 Sequatchie Valley Jamboree Schedule

Southtowner

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

My take on the games:

Qrt 1  GrundyCounty vs South Pittsburg

Grundy looked a lot better than last couple of years. They seemed to be focused and seem to respond well to the new coach.  Their QB is a ball player and seems to have a ton of football sense, and there were a couple on defense that looked great, prob the nunley boys. Their line looked much improved and had descent size just need to stay in the weight room.  SP looked best when Raulston had the ball.  The line didn’t do as great as I was thinking they should have.  The QB still has a long ways to go unless he’s running with the ball.  When passing it seemed he was too worried about everything around him and the play at hand, rather than being chilled.  Sometimes a young QB only thinks about how many drop steps and just slinging the ball to the area of the WR.  He works best in open spaces instead of behind the LOS.   IMO we looked extremely sluggish.  We really don’t have much speed at all.  Maybe it was just the wet field.  The fastest on the field seemed to be Frame #4 for us.  I would like to see him returning kickoffs.  We have a long ways to go.  The way I seen it last night, Coach Grider is gonna have to light a fire under them boys.  

Qrt 2  Whitwell vs SequatchieCounty

Whitwell is the best team in the Valley IMO.  I said it a few years ago last time we played Grundybin regular season that the Wingo kid was the real deal.  I still believe he is the best (most complete back too) back in the Valley.  Their line pushed people around easily.  SC had some great moments, but have a lot of work at the LOS to do.  They have a few athletes that could play for anyone.  They should make the playoffs, but how far depends on how much they want it. 

Qrt 3  BledsoeCounty vs LookoutValley

Two teams that are already wishing basketball season was here.  Both have a couple athletes, but not enough supporting cast to help out.  

Qrt 4  MarionCounty vs Silverdale

Jasper has a ton of athleticism, and the spread is the right choice for them.  The Nunez kid is special.  Put him on the field as much as possible.  Where do they keep gettting these tall lanky receivers?  They have height but need to put on some weight.  I’m not too sure the line can hold anyone long.  Silverdale is one of those teams that you may never hear much about but they always seem to be in the mix.  They seem to be coached okay, just need to put in the work and it will payoff for them come playoffs. 

Qrt 5  BledsoeCounty vs South Pittsburg

SP sluggish and need to get out of their own heads. Bledsoe never quits. 

Qrt 6  GrundyCounty vs SequatchieCounty

new Coach at GC seems to have the kids attentions.  SC is slowly going down hill.  

Qrt 7  Whitwell vs Silverdale

Not much to say about this one 

Qrt 8  MarionCounty vs LookoutValley

Freshman for Jasper seems to be the future.  Plus their middle school team is loaded.  I see big big things for Jasper 2021-2022.  Coach Mariakis at Chattanooga Christian and Tyners recently great years has and will continue to put a damper on LV’s football program.  

ORDER OF BEST TEAMS IMO:

1) Whitwell

2) SP

3) Jasper

4) Grundy

5) Tie - Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Silverdale

8) Lookout Valley

you think Grundy is better than Sequatchie?

23 hours ago, powerp said:

Just my opinion on what I've saw...Whitwell looked like the best team here. Pretty solid with a veteran group. I thought SP looked real sloppy but they will be fine. SC just looked sluggish. Almost like they were just going through the motions only. Jasper has some skill guys but their line is weak from what I saw. Silverdale had a guy who was number 1 who was a good looking ball player. Lookout Valley...they tried. Grundy put forth fight.

I think we had 3 linemen that didn't play. I know 2 were held out and 1 we lost for the season a couple weeks ago. No excuses though. Next man up.