Dresden 2018

ysoangry

5 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Around 13 SRs. Will have about 8  Jrs that will see action this year as well. Next year SR class will be decent as well but depth will be an issue.

Yes, the 2019 Whitwell team won’t be anywhere close to this 2018 version you boys are about to showcase. We have heard about your current group for years now. They are a legit contender this season. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Butt hurt huh?  I admit Huntingdung was better than Milan last year. Your the one making excuses about the loss to Cornersville. Everyone can see who’s butt hurt. Keep cryin’. Sissy!  Lol!!!

Of course I'm butt hurt. I'm always butt hurt if my Mustangs don't win their last game. It's all about winning that last game. If you don't win the last game you may have had a good season but not a great one. I feel like we should have won that last game in a couple of sports in the last few years. Yep I'm big time butt hurt!

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, sum1uno said:

I'll put them in at 3 based on what they return. They was the most athletic team we faced last year and the second best overall team we played. Number 42 ( I believe he was a senior )for them was the best player we saw all season. Now before everyone gets their panties in a wad.....he may have just played lights out against us but I will tell you that on that night he was the best player I saw all year. I will pick them to take the west this year. 

Jamie Nobles was a beast the past 2 seasons. Made all state the past 2 years. Played in the all star game and was one of the captains I believe. Look for several teams to be close this year. Lake Co, Cornersville, Huntingdon, Dresden and I,m sure Wayne Co could represent .As long as Lake Co finishes at the top ,think they would host every round this year. Cornersville  and LC played a great close game in a packed venue on the road .Both teams suffered a key loss in that game as well with Cornersville losing a running back and Lake Co losing starting quarterback I think late in the first quarter.Seems like he played all the games late in the season and playoffs with a torn labrum on throwing arm and had surgery at end of year.Saw him in a sling during basketball season and he missed baseball season.Looking for some great games this year..Most of the team will be juniors and should have planty of size and depth .Middle school team was one game from middle school champiuonship losing in overtime to Paris Inman .During the regular season ,lost only to an unbeaten Dyersburg team. Beat Huntingdon about 42-6 in a half in jamboree.Have abount  6 or 7 players on that team that were studs and I think 3 of them played in the all star game at West Carrol.But because most of the high school team are juniors,feel like they will be subs.If any of them can take a spot from last years starters,well a good thing.. Thought Dresden's middle school also looked very good in the jamboree.

Edited by mrbigster

53 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Jamie Nobles was a beast the past 2 seasons. Made all state the past 2 years. Played in the all star game and was one of the captains I believe. Look for several teams to be close this year. Lake Co, Cornersville, Huntingdon, Dresden and I,m sure Wayne Co could represent .As long as Lake Co finishes at the top ,think they would host every round this year. Cornersville  and LC played a great close game in a packed venue on the road .Both teams suffered a key loss in that game as well with Cornersville losing a running back and Lake Co losing starting quarterback I think late in the first quarter.Seems like he played all the games late in the season and playoffs with a torn labrum on throwing arm and had surgery at end of year.Saw him in a sling during basketball season and he missed baseball season.Looking for some great games this year..Most of the team will be juniors and should have planty of size and depth .Middle school team was one game from middle school champiuonship losing in overtime to Paris Inman .During the regular season ,lost only to an unbeaten Dyersburg team. Beat Huntingdon about 42-6 in a half in jamboree.Have abount  6 or 7 players on that team that were studs and I think 3 of them played in the all star game at West Carrol.But because most of the high school team are juniors,feel like they will be subs.If any of them can take a spot from last years starters,well a good thing.. Thought Dresden's middle school also looked very good in the jamboree.

I was at that game. I thought Tanner Synder played the whole game. In fact I was in the end zone on the last play where he threw the pass that went incomplete that would have tied it. Could of sworn that was him??

On a completely different note someone questioned LC line play. They must not have seen Frankie Mays. Lol!!

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was at that game. I thought Tanner Synder played the whole game. In fact I was in the end zone on the last play where he threw the pass that went incomplete that would have tied it. Could of sworn that was him??

On a completely different note someone questioned LC line play. They must not have seen Frankie Mays. Lol!!

Synder did play the whole game. 

I was at the game.My bad.Well,I think the coach benched him and didn't play him until the end of the game with the interception.Seems like they ran Johnson at the end cause Snyder was limping or something

.Maybe I'm getting old and early signs of dementia

Edited by mrbigster

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I was at the game.My bad.Well,I think the coach benched him and didn't play him until the end of the game with the interception.Seems like they ran Johnson at the end cause Snyder was limping or something

.Maybe I'm getting old and early signs of dementia

I concede that I may be mistaken but I really thought he played the entire game. 

5 hours ago, mrbigster said:

As long as Lake Co finishes at the top ,think they would host every round this year. 

Lake County or any other region 7 member will have to travel in the quarterfinals if they have to face a region 8 opponent.  Yall can host throughout the playoffs only if you win your region AND face another region 7 team in the quarters.  

On 6/29/2018 at 6:40 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There is a reason that Cornersville beat Huntingdung last year. They were better plain and simple. I know everyone called it an upset but it was only because of the two teams track record. Huntingdung had the history and Cornersville had never won a playoff game prior to last season. 

I watched Cornersville and Lake Co. 2 very evenly matched teams and the game came down to the last play. I saw Huntingdung last year and honestly Lake Co was better than them as well. Your favorites in the West this year based on What they return should definitely be Cornersville and Lake Co. Doesn’t mean Huntingdung or Wayne Co can’t sneak in there. Just think they should be the favorites. Just my 2 cents. 

Definitely agree. With all in consideration LC returns 19-20 Cornersville returns 15-16. I'll take LC in that case to come out of the West. 

On 6/27/2018 at 7:24 AM, ysoangry said:

Yates, T Jones will be the playmakers. Haven't heard if Yates or Crawford will be QB. Think they are moving my nephew to OLB but he is no Nanney. I'm so far out of the loop now I'm not really sure who we have. Nephew is spending this week with me in Florida so I'll quiz him. 

Speaking of Mr Tyrone Jones, I saw on a buddy's social media page, Tyrone signed on to the National Guard through him. Congratulations Tyrone Good luck!

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Lake County or any other region 7 member will have to travel in the quarterfinals if they have to face a region 8 opponent.  Yall can host throughout the playoffs only if you win your region AND face another region 7 team in the quarters.  

LC will be at home throughout if they win region. We travel in quarter finals last year to Memphis Hillcrest. Winner of region 7 will host quarters.

Edited by lakecounty1968

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

LC will be at home throughout if they win region. We travel in quarter finals last year to Memphis Hillcrest. Winner of region 7 will host quarters.

The reason you traveled last year in the quarters is because you finished 2nd in your region and fell to the bottom bracket. Hillcrest came out of the upper bracket and got to host because it was the upper brackets year (Odd year).  This being an even year the bottom bracket will host.  Unless 2 teams from the same region meet then the highest seed between those two region members will host. What I posted above is how the bracket works.  Good luck.