Dresden 2018

ysoangry

I saw on July 14 at UTM our Lions will be one of many teams in 7 on 7 contest. And looking at our regular season non-region games, they are against 4A Onion Co., 3A Westview, & Scotts Hill & Peabody, both 2A. Good whetstones to sharpen our swords against. Methinks Dresden may surprise everyone. I'm sure last years bitter & unexpected loss against Hillcrest is motivating them. It sure would be putting a fire under my fanny. Our coaches & staff are top-of-the-line in my book & I'm confident they will have our Lions ready to go in every game. Betcha nobody will be overlooked nor underestimated again! Nor assuming it'll be an easy or automatic win! All out Beast Mode all the time is the only way to play!  

On 7/4/2018 at 1:54 PM, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon lost 6 starters off last years team including our QB. Very talented junior class anchors this team. Offensive line will be larger but running backs though very fast are a little lite in the butt. New QB is fast and tough with good size. Needs to work on his throwing motion but should excell. Defense could be nasty. Linebackers expererienced and aggresive. Lots of team speed. I wouldn't sit on the Mustangs. May be a better team than last years!

Replacing Pearson and..maybin is it? Will be no easy task. Two of the best football players in west tn last year. Look its really no disrespect aimed to the historic Huntingdon Mustangs but you won't see this guy picking them for gold balls anytime soon. I've rode that train on and off since 2010 and they've done nothing but make me.look bad after Halloween. I'll stick to probably an unpopular opinion but the mustangs were the most talented team in 1A and couldn't even make it out of a down Western portion of the bracket. I'll even go back to 2012. Sorry gang but Huntingdon was better than Gordy. But Gordy had the game plan and a talented team themselves. 

51 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Replacing Pearson and..maybin is it? Will be no easy task. Two of the best football players in west tn last year. Look its really no disrespect aimed to the historic Huntingdon Mustangs but you won't see this guy picking them for gold balls anytime soon. I've rode that train on and off since 2010 and they've done nothing but make me.look bad after Halloween. I'll stick to probably an unpopular opinion but the mustangs were the most talented team in 1A and couldn't even make it out of a down Western portion of the bracket. I'll even go back to 2012. Sorry gang but Huntingdon was better than Gordy. But Gordy had the game plan and a talented team themselves. 

Pearson was a great player, much respect to him. Ensley our Jr. starter this season is just as athletic ( commited to Tennessee in baseball) has a very strong arm and is a winner! I think he's a D1 prospect at safety. Our running backs are small, fast and shifty. As far as the Mustangs falling short the last couple of years you can't win them all. We've been there a number of times and we'll be back. As far as the War Eagles you can dream of a gold ball but you'll never see one in your lifetime!

On 7/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, Croppygenius said:

Pearson was a great player, much respect to him. Ensley our Jr. starter this season is just as athletic ( commited to Tennessee in baseball) has a very strong arm and is a winner! I think he's a D1 prospect at safety. Our running backs are small, fast and shifty. As far as the Mustangs falling short the last couple of years you can't win them all. We've been there a number of times and we'll be back. As far as the War Eagles you can dream of a gold ball but you'll never see one in your lifetime!

If being the most talented team in the class and falling short is your thing then that's cool. You should enjoy football season for years to come. As far as my War Eagles are concerned its definitely an uphill battle burn if you follow 1A ball at all you know it just takes a great senior class. Again I'm very proud of you guys for having one gold ball with a century head start over us.

Now children lets not bicker or I'll turn this car around. I commend West Carroll for never giving up even though they typically don't have the numbers like the larger schools have to be competitive. No offense to you Croppy but most Huntingdon fans make it really easy to cheer against them. Maybe I'm just carrying a dislike for them from back in my son's days of playing but when their fans sat on our side,then complained about people standing in front of them blocking the game, that was the end for me. Huntingdon should be a player in postseason every year with the size of the school and talent level produced. Dresden is living proof that one senior class is all it takes. Good thing for us we don't have to deal with UC or Trenton anymore so we can stay top seven in our district. lol

On July 17, 2018 at 8:43 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

If being the most talented team in the class and falling short is your thing then that's cool. You should enjoy football season for years to come. As far as my War Eagles are concerned its definitely an uphill battle burn if you follow 1A ball at all you know it just takes a great senior class. Again I'm very proud of you guys for having one gold ball with a century head start over us.

Mustangs were very talented skill position wise last season. Our line was small. We didn't play a team all year that was smaller than us. It took a big agressive defensive line like Cornersville to stop us. As far as winning gold balls in the last century I wonder how many Mustang teams in the 50's & 60's before playoffs would have won a gold ball 1950 10-1, 1956 10-1, 1957 10-0, 1958 10-1, 1960 10-1, 1961 9-1, 1962 10-1, 1964 10-1, 1966 11-0, 1968 7-0-2, Probably would have got couple in those tears. Some great teams that played tough schedules.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:59 AM, lakecounty1968 said:

Has Dresden scrimmaged anyone? Where is Dresden faithful at? You couldn't keep them off coacht the last few years and now crickets. We all know ya'll are sandbagging all of us. Lol. Really what's going on in Dresden.

Sorry I was back in west TN and didn't get to check the T. From what I've heard we don't have any scrimmages planned (but I could be wrong). 7 on 7 went decent team from Florida won it. I wouldn't sandbag anyone on the T except maybe Huntingdon fans. lol Heard a couple people say we would win 4 or 5 games this year. Take that with a grain of salt though. Talking to the wife's nephew, who is on the team and he isn't expecting to set the world on fire this year.

23 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Sorry I was back in west TN and didn't get to check the T. From what I've heard we don't have any scrimmages planned (but I could be wrong). 7 on 7 went decent team from Florida won it. I wouldn't sandbag anyone on the T except maybe Huntingdon fans. lol Heard a couple people say we would win 4 or 5 games this year. Take that with a grain of salt though. Talking to the wife's nephew, who is on the team and he isn't expecting to set the world on fire this year.

rolling in the floor laughing about winning 4 or 5 games with about 7 starters back including Yates