3A Region 4 2018

Classless

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 5:52 AM, redmolly said:

Why is Cannon always for decades at the bottom can anyone answer that?

I think I could help with that answer. From 2005 to 2009 Cannon County won 21 games in 5 seasons. From 2001-2004 and 2010-2017 Cannon County won 12 games in 11 seasons.

What was different during that span from 2005 to 2009?

They had a head coach at that time that left and went to Sequatchie where he was able to turn around what had previously been a losing program there as well into 4 straight winning seasons.

So coaching would be a guess? Because when you have 11 seasons of winning 0-2 games and in between 5 seasons of winning 4-6 games it has to be something along those lines. 

Look at Lebanon and Red Boiling Springs as other examples of coaching changes bringing immediate results.

6 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I think I could help with that answer. From 2005 to 2009 Cannon County won 21 games in 5 seasons. From 2001-2004 and 2010-2017 Cannon County won 12 games in 11 seasons.

What was different during that span from 2005 to 2009?

They had a head coach at that time that left and went to Sequatchie where he was able to turn around what had previously been a losing program there as well into 4 straight winning seasons.

So coaching would be a guess? Because when you have 11 seasons of winning 0-2 games and in between 5 seasons of winning 4-6 games it has to be something along those lines. 

Look at Lebanon and Red Boiling Springs as other examples of coaching changes bringing immediate results.

I haven’t kept up with RBS are they starting to win a few games? 

17 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I haven’t kept up with RBS are they starting to win a few games? 

They did when Kyle Shoulders was the head coach. He took over a program that had lost like 60+ games in a row and slowly started winning games and then had the first winning and playoff season in team history and won 13 games the last 3 seasons with the program. That doesn't sound like much but at RBS that is amazing.

But he left to be an assistant at Oakland and is now the head coach at Macon County.

But even without him the last couple seasons they were able to go 3-7 which is an improvement over the two 60+ game losing streaks they had prior. It just took getting kids involved and seeing that they could win some games. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Edited by steelcityroller

8 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

They did when Kyle Shoulders was the head coach. He took over a program that had lost like 60+ games in a row and slowly started winning games and then had the first winning and playoff season in team history and won 13 games the last 3 seasons with the program. That doesn't sound like much but at RBS that is amazing.

But he left to be an assistant at Oakland and is now the head coach at Macon County.

But even without him the last couple seasons they were able to go 3-7 which is an improvement over the two 60+ game losing streaks they had prior. It just took getting kids involved and seeing that they could win some games. Hopefully they can keep it going.

I remember doing the down and distance poles at a game and them playing game boys on the side lines. The kids had no interest in the game at at..This was probably about 01. 

I also remember that that a few years later I remember them being in the Tennessean because they were having a great season. I also think they had a great QB that year. That is the last I had heard of them.