Peabody Golden Tide

On 7/10/2018 at 2:01 PM, FightingBlue0 said:

Peabody lost the key that drives their car... I’m not sure how much of a contender they will be now honestly. Peabody still has a lot of talent on their team but when your main guy is “out indefinitely” that throws a wrench in their plans without a doubt. I’m so glad to hear he is okay & expected to make a full recovery. Praying for him & his family. 

ditto fight....but when the coach says "out indefinitely" to me that's coach speak for "he's out for the year"...I hope that's not the case...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, cofo said:

ditto fight....but when the coach says "out indefinitely" to me that's coach speak for "he's out for the year"...I hope that's not the case...

I’m sure Peabody hopes that as well. From what I’ve heard from some Peabody fans is that he won’t be playing this year for sure. I hate to hear that because the kid is one of the best QBs in West Tennessee & I personally think Peabody has a good shot of bringing home a gold ball. Having said that, his long term health is definitely the more important factor here & football is just a minuscule part in our lives when it comes to our own children’s well being. I hope the Golden Tide can figure out what they’re going to do now & can contend & make region 7 2A as exciting this year as it was last year! 

14 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I’m sure Peabody hopes that as well. From what I’ve heard from some Peabody fans is that he won’t be playing this year for sure. I hate to hear that because the kid is one of the best QBs in West Tennessee & I personally think Peabody has a good shot of bringing home a gold ball. Having said that, his long term health is definitely the more important factor here & football is just a minuscule part in our lives when it comes to our own children’s well being. I hope the Golden Tide can figure out what they’re going to do now & can contend & make region 7 2A as exciting this year as it was last year! 

Some may not believe me but Peabody will be fine they have other qbs that can run and throw.  

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, Tide21 said:

Some may not believe me but Peabody will be fine they have other qbs that can run and throw.  

I agree with u that Peabody has other qbs that r good as well. A lot of people here in Trenton think that Peabody will only win 6 games this year. There were several people at Mikey Ds this morning talking about that. I realize Peabody has lost their starting qb may God bless him i hope he recovers 100 percent. I know the Region is tough as it comes but I think Peabody will more than 6 games. I hope I am not wrong!

Edited by JungleJim125

I think Peabody wins more than 6 games for sure. I also think they can still make a run in the playoffs but their ability to scheme offensively has changed drastically with the QB out for good. I’m afraid that teams will do what Union City did to Peabody last regular season when the QB was out with an injury. UC loaded the box & made Peabody try to win through the air. With no one proven at the QB position on Peabody’s roster right now, that just leaves a lot of uncertainty in my opinion. I still think Peabody has a very successful season but not to the extent of what they would if they had their starting QB. Also I understand that Peabody has two very talented RBs but another question is how is their offensive line play going to hold up? I believe they lost 2 very good seniors up front & experience plays a tremendous role in high school football. This is why until Peabody proves they can throw the the football & push the field vertically, I think teams will stack 8 in the box & stuff the run & make Peabody beat them through the air. There are some questions for Peabody to answer this season, I believe Coach Jacobs is a tremendous coach & it is only a matter of time until he brings a gold ball back to Trenton. Good luck to Peabody this year & I hope they bring some entertaining games to region 7 2A once again.